The Student Room Group

Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2018

Scroll to see replies

I thought this group was for Commonwealth Shared.

Anyway, anyone facing difficulty chasing referees?
Is it possible to the award with a 2:2?
who is applying with a 2:2 and no postgraduate qualification?
Hello All,

Please do I have to start new application on the EAS portal for each university?

Many thanks
Hello Chipiliro,

Please do I have to start new application on the EAS portal for each university of my choice (for the Commonwealth Shared)?.

Many thanks

Original post by chipiliro payesa
Got offers at LSE,LSTMH and Glasgow, but My first choice is LSTMH.
Original post by kindycha
Hello Chipiliro,

Please do I have to start new application on the EAS portal for each university of my choice (for the Commonwealth Shared)?.

Many thanks

yes one for each
Original post by hirakhatri
yes one for each

Many thanks.
Hello Chipiliro,

Many thanks

Yes you need to
[QUOTE="payesa;76730322" chipiliro="chipiliro"]Yes you need to[/QUOTE

Each unirvesity requires a different scholarship application
Original post by Jarvislooi
Hello to everybody here, I am from Malaysia. While the deadline for the referees to upload their references is 22nd of March, I am unable to log on to check how many of them have submitted their references since Monday, 5th of March. Does any of you encounter with the same problem? Can you guy log on to the EAS Applicant's Portal? Sincerely, Jarvis

i think you are in the wrong thread. Commonwealth shared is not available to Malaysia.
Reply 70
Original post by Jarvislooi
Hello to everybody here, I am from Malaysia. While the deadline for the referees to upload their references is 22nd of March, I am unable to log on to check how many of them have submitted their references since Monday, 5th of March. Does any of you encounter with the same problem? Can you guy log on to the EAS Applicant's Portal? Sincerely, Jarvis

Hi Jarvis, I'm an applicant from Malaysia as well. May I know if you've been nominated by the Public Service Department for the scholarship?
Hi everyone, I was reading the 2017 Commonwealth Shared Thread and I noticed that some people received emails from their universities asking them to apply for the commonwealth shared scholarship. I have two questions regarding this: (1) is receiving an email telling you to apply for shared scholarship a good sign? (2) is not receiving an email cause for concern?Thank you
(edited 6 years ago)
Yes you have to for each and every application. Best of luck
Hello All,

Please do I have to start new application on the EAS portal for each university?

Many thanks

Yes you have to. For each and every application. Best of luck
Reply 74
Hello everyone, I applied to Keele University. I hope this thread is really active this year
Original post by Dosot
Hello everyone, I applied to Keele University. I hope this thread is really active this year

I hope so too! Anyone applied to SOAS University of London or University of Bristol?
Original post by Sandra2018
Hi everyone, I was reading the 2017 Commonwealth Shared Thread and I noticed that some people received emails from their universities asking them to apply for the commonwealth shared scholarship. I have two questions regarding this: (1) is receiving an email telling you to apply for shared scholarship a good sign? (2) is not receiving an email cause for concern?Thank you

I saw that too in the old thread. It appears that some universities adopted this method last year to reduce the number of applications received for the very few competitive slots. I do not think it is a cause for concern, as far as the university you are applying to does not specify that only invited candidates can apply.
Original post by Purplish
I saw that too in the old thread. It appears that some universities adopted this method last year to reduce the number of applications received for the very few competitive slots. I do not think it is a cause for concern, as far as the university you are applying to does not specify that only invited candidates can apply.
Thank you for your reply Purplish!
Reply 78
Nice to be here, I hope this thread would be very active this year.
Reply 79
Original post by Sandra2018

This shouldn't be a Problem. Most Universities don't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending