The Student Room Group

Mimi interview

Hi, I've just joined. I am a mature student, and have been selected for interview for both mental health and adult nursing. Could anyone share any tips on mmi's? To say I'm nervous would be an understatement! Much appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by Bee70
Hi, I've just joined. I am a mature student, and have been selected for interview for both mental health and adult nursing. Could anyone share any tips on mmi's? To say I'm nervous would be an understatement! Much appreciated.

Hi, I’m a mature student too 😊 I think the whole idea of MMIs are so that you can’t really prepare answers, as over the years this was probably becoming more and more common. Don’t worry though, my experience of MMI style interviews is that whilst the first station is nerve-wracking, you do relax after this and it goes so quick that you don’t have time to worry once you’ve started. They know you’re going to be super nervous!

Make sure whatever you’re asked, you can somehow relate it to the 6 Cs and NHS values (this is how I was marked at an MMI), there’s not usually a right or wrong answer, I think they’re interested in your thought process.

Good luck x
Original post by Bee70

Hi you can find interview advice here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5084328
As the previous poster said there’s not really a right or wrong answer, just relax and think about what you want to say before you answer.
Good luck.
Reply 3
Original post by Jadeymp
Hi, I’m a mature student too 😊 I think the whole idea of MMIs are so that you can’t really prepare answers, as over the years this was probably becoming more and more common. Don’t worry though, my experience of MMI style interviews is that whilst the first station is nerve-wracking, you do relax after this and it goes so quick that you don’t have time to worry once you’ve started. They know you’re going to be super nervous!

Make sure whatever you’re asked, you can somehow relate it to the 6 Cs and NHS values (this is how I was marked at an MMI), there’s not usually a right or wrong answer, I think they’re interested in your thought process.

Good luck x

Thanks for the reply. I've just had my interview today, which was structured and lasted approx 20 minutes. Now I'm preforming the post mortem on it, and getting myself tied up with 'should have said this, should have said that'!x
Reply 4
Original post by mel_l218
Hi you can find interview advice here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5084328
As the previous poster said there’s not really a right or wrong answer, just relax and think about what you want to say before you answer.
Good luck.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I had an individual structured interview this morning. Now the torturious wait begins!
Reply 5
Original post by Bee70
Thanks for the reply. I've just had my interview today, which was structured and lasted approx 20 minutes. Now I'm preforming the post mortem on it, and getting myself tied up with 'should have said this, should have said that'!x

Don’t worry at all, I think most people feel like that afterwards. I definitely did, plus convincing myself I failed the tests by going over each question in my head afterwards 😂 I got offers! Where was your interview? Well done and I hope you find out soon! X
Reply 6
Original post by Jadeymp
Don’t worry at all, I think most people feel like that afterwards. I definitely did, plus convincing myself I failed the tests by going over each question in my head afterwards 😂 I got offers! Where was your interview? Well done and I hope you find out soon! X

Hi, sorry only getting back to you now. I did try to reply, but think it got lost somewhere! Well done in getting offers. My interview was in Magee Campus UU. I was invited for interview at very short notice, but was well prepared,(I thought!), until my answers decided to play 'hide and seek' in my brain! Hopefully they will factor nerves into it!x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending