The Student Room Group

English freshers 2018 for Strathclyde/ Stirling unis?

Want to try and make friends before I go to uni. I’m studying English, not sure which uni yet but hopefully Strathclyde or Stirling university.

Anyone studying English got any tips? What is it like? What are lectures like? What is the work like?
Reply 1
Hi! Im applying for primary education but have an unconditional for Strathclyde and am waiting to hear back from Stirling:smile:
Reply 2
Original post by JoD1
Hi! Im applying for primary education but have an unconditional for Strathclyde and am waiting to hear back from Stirling:smile:

Well done on your unconditional! Would you prefer Strathclyde or Stirling? I’m struggling to choose between the two!
Reply 3
Original post by megzz23
Well done on your unconditional! Would you prefer Strathclyde or Stirling? I’m struggling to choose between the two!

Thanks! I’m not sure either, prefer the course at Stirling and the accommodation, but like strathclydes location and the uni in general. Such a difficult decision having picked the wrong uni last year!
Would you be moving into halls?
Reply 4
Original post by JoD1
Thanks! I’m not sure either, prefer the course at Stirling and the accommodation, but like strathclydes location and the uni in general. Such a difficult decision having picked the wrong uni last year!
Would you be moving into halls?

If I went to stirling I wouldn’t stay in halls aa I live close to the uni, but at Strathclyde I could live near or just travel in daily. I don’t know what I want to do. Can’t even decide between the two unis haha. Hope we could meet if we end o at the same unis! 😂
Reply 5
Original post by megzz23
If I went to stirling I wouldn’t stay in halls aa I live close to the uni, but at Strathclyde I could live near or just travel in daily. I don’t know what I want to do. Can’t even decide between the two unis haha. Hope we could meet if we end o at the same unis! 😂

Yeah hopefully! I’d love to keep in touch to find out which uni you decide to go to, maybe it’ll help me choose😂
Aware this is a bit late but did you decide which? I’m accepting an unconditional from Strathclyde and it would be great to talk to someone who’s possibly doing the same course!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Rebeccapril
Aware this is a bit late but did you decide which? I’m accepting an unconditional from Strathclyde and it would be great to talk to someone who’s possibly doing the same course!

hi, sorry its late but sadly i was rejected from strathclyde so I'm going to stirling!! well done on your unconditional

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending