The Student Room Group

Headstart Summer Camps 2018

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by bean101
It’s a shame you haven’t heard anything because it’s not as if you’ve applied for solely oxbridge courses which are super competitive and hard to get into.
The only reason why I think I haven’t heard anything back is because I applied pretty late-on in the process so maybe this is the same for you?
As someone with straight A’s (highest grade in Scotland) and one of the top achievers of my year, I’m pretty gutted to say the least about not hearing anything back so far. :frown:

I also applied pretty late, I reckon it was the last week before the deadline. Maybe next week we'll get something.
Reply 81
Has anyone received any rejection?
Original post by jagdan_
I also applied pretty late, I reckon it was the last week before the deadline. Maybe next week we'll get something.

Yep that’s the exact same as me! I spoke to my chem teacher today and they’ve told me that a second round of applications will be sent next week and a third round a fortnight after that. Fingers crossed for then I suppose :-)
Anyone else for Physics at Queens Belfast???
(Got my last choice but I’m still looking forward to getting to travel to N Ireland!)
Reply 84
Original post by Pastelx
Anyone else for Physics at Queens Belfast???
(Got my last choice but I’m still looking forward to getting to travel to N Ireland!)

Congrats! May I know when you applied for it?
Original post by jagdan_
Congrats! May I know when you applied for it?

Really quite early–around Christmas I think?
I just got into marine biology and oceanography at Southampton, anybody else?
I got into Bioengineering at Queen Mary.
I've accepted it now but I'm having second thoughts because I'm thinking of applying to Medicine and its possible universities don't look at it favourably and might think I'm not committed to Medicine?
Original post by theoptimistic
I got into Bioengineering at Queen Mary.
I've accepted it now but I'm having second thoughts because I'm thinking of applying to Medicine and its possible universities don't look at it favourably and might think I'm not committed to Medicine?

You don’t have to mention it in your personal statement or UCAS if you don’t think it will be relevant–not unless you are specifically asked to declare it for some reason
Original post by Pastelx
You don’t have to mention it in your personal statement or UCAS if you don’t think it will be relevant–not unless you are specifically asked to declare it for some reason

Okay thanks.
Yeah I was thinking it was a good idea anyway considering all the university life experience and maybe while I’m there I could see if I’d like applying there for Medicine.
Same
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 91
I haven't received anything yet.
Anyone else for chemistry and chemical engineering at Belfast??? :-)
Reply 93
Original post by bean101
Anyone else for chemistry and chemical engineering at Belfast??? :-)

Congrats! When did you receive the offer?
Original post by jagdan_
Congrats! When did you receive the offer?

Thank you!! And I got it Thursday afternoon
Original post by theoptimistic
Okay thanks.
Yeah I was thinking it was a good idea anyway considering all the university life experience and maybe while I’m there I could see if I’d like applying there for Medicine.

Yeah exactly! That’s a good mentality to have

I’m in a similar position because I’m now set on studying maths at uni, but my Headstart course is Physics–hopefully it will still be useful and a good taster of uni life!
Just wondered if anyone is still waiting?
Anyone on marine biology/oceanography at Southampton?
Reply 98
Any Y11s doing Broad-Based Engineering at University of Edinburgh this June??
Blah blah blah blah CAMBRIDGE blah blah I MUST BE GUARANTEED A PLACE IF I DO THE COURSE

Quick Reply

Latest