The Student Room Group

Killer Queen + Seaside Rendezvous by Queen Comparison

Hi, I was wondering if any one had any good points on how these songs both establish mood and character and what sort of points that I could make that would make me stand out to an examiner?
What do you think about them?
Reply 2
Original post by unprinted
What do you think about them?

Well that's the problem, I don't really know how to analysis them.
Reply 3
Original post by side_hoe
Well that's the problem, I don't really know how to analysis them.

We use the acronym 'MAD TSHIRT' to analyse. It stands for:

Melody
Articlation
Dynamics
Tempo
Structure
Harmony
Instrumentation
Rhythm
Texture

The best way to analyse (at least for practice) is to write a table with each of these features on a row, and 2 columns, 1 for each piece. Write down anything relevant that you can see from the score or hear in each piece in the correct row, for example:

Tempo- KQ has a 112bpm moderato tempo / SR has a allegro tempo, around 160bpm

In your essay, for as many points as you can manage, write each point (and if relevant, an example of where they are found), and most importantly, how it makes you feel, linking to the question. For example, 'The fast tempo in Seaside Rendezvous gives the piece a lively and playful mood'.

Write as many points as you can manage, ensuring you keep them clear and write about the mood or character they provide. For the top mark band, you need to include more subtle points (for example, syncopation) in addition to the basic ones, ensure you show the mood/character each time, and use musical terminology (eg forte instead of loud)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending