When is a good time to start revising for gcses? Watch

Randomstudwnt
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I feel like I'm so late to it and I procrastinate so much. Thankfully I'm not stupid but I need to revise but I'm just stressed im so late now. When have you guys started revising and am I too late ...
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I was revising constantly throughout the year so basically I began from the beginning of year 11. You are late considering you've got about 1 and a half months left before exams hit but doing something and starting some revision now is better than nothing.
KingAkpak
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Speaking from experience, the Easter holidays is probably the best time, given that you won't be in school. I found that during the run up to exams, teachers would often provide their own revision work, which would conflict with my own timetable, so make sure that you fix up on the stuff you're not confident at while you have the time to do so.
idk75
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Randomstudwnt)
I feel like I'm so late to it and I procrastinate so much. Thankfully I'm not stupid but I need to revise but I'm just stressed im so late now. When have you guys started revising and am I too late ...
Honestly I was the same as you, I didn't start revising properly until the end of or after Easter also I had 0 motivation and the more I stressed the less I did. I'm not naturally super smart either but I managed to pass.

So you aren't too late, you're never too late until you actually have to go into the exam (literally the morning before try to go in early and teachers will probably run through the key things last minute). Try to do as much work as possible in the lessons or while you're still at school because you have to be there so you might as well make the most of the time and if there's revision sessions at lunch go to them, if not do work at lunch anyway if you aren't already. Obviously cramming isn't great but if you aren't stupid, like you said, it can work at GCSE I reckon.

Maybe try to make a rough plan to revise for your earliest exams first because I remember having like a month to revise between my first and last ones so you have more time than you think if you space it out. Also, try to just read textbooks or your notes to refresh your memory first and then if you have time go into more depth. You also have the Easter holidays to revise so you'll be fine!!

Good luck
jklj
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ive run out of time too need some help is it too late to start making notes or shall i just do past papers instead
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (20)
6.92%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.03%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.68%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.14%

Watched Threads