The Student Room Group

Driving License

I passed my driving test just after moving house- but I applied to change my address on my provisional a week or so before I took my test. When I passed my test, they told me to send my provisional with an application form to the DVLA to change my address for my full driving license.

The new provisional license came literally the day after I passed my test- so now I have the correct address on my provisional... The question is, do i send the provisional and the test pass certificate together to the DVLA? And if I send both, can I still drive without any documentation??

Can't find anything about this situation on the internet, please advise..! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Naysih
I passed my driving test just after moving house- but I applied to change my address on my provisional a week or so before I took my test. When I passed my test, they told me to send my provisional with an application form to the DVLA to change my address for my full driving license.

The new provisional license came literally the day after I passed my test- so now I have the correct address on my provisional... The question is, do i send the provisional and the test pass certificate together to the DVLA? And if I send both, can I still drive without any documentation??

Can't find anything about this situation on the internet, please advise..! :smile:

How did you sit your test without your licence?

Yes, you follow the information on your test pass certificate to the letter... it does tell you exactly what to do.

Yes, you can still drive.
Original post by IWMTom
How did you sit your test without your licence?

My estimation is he had his provisional with the old address.
Reply 4
Original post by nevershear
My estimation is he had his provisional with the old address.

How'd they get a new licence without sending the old one away? 🤔
Original post by IWMTom
How'd they get a new licence without sending the old one away? 🤔

I've still got my provisional with my old address on it. You can do your address change online and they just send you a new one. I could inbox you to prove it but I'm sure you'll take my word for it lol.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by nevershear
I've still got my provisional with my old address on it. You can do your address change online and they just send you a new one. I could inbox you to prove it but I'm sure you'll take my word for it lol.

You learn something new every day!

Quick Reply

Latest