The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kyber Ninja
Meh, if I a guy rejects you based on your height, he's probably insecure about the way he looks by you (that includes the 6ft - 6ft2 guys).

Least you don't have to wear heels to make yourself seem taller, and that means less aches..

But I want to wear heels, I just can't! I love them but I feel even more like a giant
Original post by Anonymous
It's just annoying being so much longer than everyone else.

Look down at them :smile:
But I want to wear heels, I just can't! I love them but I feel even more like a giant

Then wear them haha.

I always thought they were worn to make one look taller
Original post by TCA2b
I know, but posture is basically a tell-tale sign of a person's self-confidence, I mean there's nothing you can do about your height other than not wearing stilettos perhaps. :biggrin: So your only option is to work with it.

Even so, I don't think you'll struggle to find guys taller than you.

I try not to slouch but otherwise it can be boob to face scenario with friends
Original post by The Walking Dead
Look down at them :smile:

I already have to. Doesn't make me feel better though, just makes me feel giant

Original post by Kyber Ninja
Then wear them haha.

I always thought they were worn to make one look taller

It is a bit but it's also I'm guessing to show weakness that they need them for height. Noones gonna see 6'7 me and think awww lol
Also doesn't help that a lot of buildings and public transport don't seem to be designed for someone much over 6ft3! I sometimes struggle to move around on planes even at 6ft2.
Seems like I’ve found my centre back partner. Now get on and defend that corner!

Spoiler

Hey!
I'm a 6'3 (1.91m) girl. I'm 18 years old! I've got quite slim too.
What I was wondering is whether I'm "too tall"for society. For example in 6th form I'm the tallest there including boys and most of my friends are Like 5'3 so they're tiny next to me. Whenever We take pictures we can't do any cute poses cause the difference is too much. I also can't wear heels as then I'd just be massive. I've never had a boyfriend because of this. I know there are slight benefits but the negatives are too much. People always point out my height and ask to compare sizes with me as it makes girls feel more "delicate" when my hand is like double the size of theirs.
Any ideas?
As a male who is about 4 inches shorter than you, I would assume you don't want to date a shorter guy than you. Hence I would avoid you.

6'3" is unusually tall for a female and anyone saying it isn't is lying through the skin of their teeth. You only need to go outside and see how rare it is. However, you can't change it (barring height-altering surgery), so you have to live with it.

Do you want to date a shorter guy?
Original post by snowman77
As a male who is about 4 inches shorter than you, I would assume you don't want to date a shorter guy than you. Hence I would avoid you.

6'3" is unusually tall for a female and anyone saying it isn't is lying through the skin of their teeth. You only need to go outside and see how rare it is. However, you can't change it (barring height-altering surgery), so you have to live with it.

I dont, no, and I have no idea why your asking me

Im straight, personally but nothing against gay people.

edit: sorry! thought you quoted me...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by TCA2b
Also doesn't help that a lot of buildings and public transport don't seem to be designed for someone much over 6ft3! I sometimes struggle to move around on planes even at 6ft2.

Girls have longer legs too so its worse!

Original post by AnothaOne
Seems like I’ve found my centre back partner. Now get on and defend that corner!

Spoiler

Ffs lol

Original post by snowman77

I couldnt cwre less what height. 5'2, 5'8, 6'8, don't care. I like short guys lol
Reply 30
Hey!
I'm a 6'3 (1.91m) girl. I'm 18 years old! I've got quite slim too.
What I was wondering is whether I'm "too tall"for society. For example in 6th form I'm the tallest there including boys and most of my friends are Like 5'3 so they're tiny next to me. Whenever We take pictures we can't do any cute poses cause the difference is too much. I also can't wear heels as then I'd just be massive. I've never had a boyfriend because of this. I know there are slight benefits but the negatives are too much. People always point out my height and ask to compare sizes with me as it makes girls feel more "delicate" when my hand is like double the size of theirs.
Any ideas?

I'm 5'10 and I usually feel quite insecure about it and wonder the same thing (although I appreciate I'm still under 6ft but I like tower over my friends), means nothing really, but I feel ya sister :heart:
Original post by KaylaB
I'm 5'10 and I usually feel quite insecure about it and wonder the same thing (although I appreciate I'm still under 6ft but I like tower over my friends), means nothing really, but I feel ya sister :heart:

Thanks lol it's hard. Even still, I can see over your head!
Reply 32
statistically you're taller than like 97% of guys

nothing much you can do it about it. Yes it will put some guys off ....but you'll still find it easier to find a bf than a guy who is unusually short ..so count yourself not as unlucky as you could be...
Original post by ANM775
statistically you're taller than like 97% of guys

nothing much you can do it about it. Yes it will put some guys off ....but you'll still find it easier to find a bf than a guy who is unusually short ..so count yourself not as unlucky as you could be...

Eh I guess. Even with friends though the difference is s foot and I feel like a giant
Take pride in your height and embrace it. If one thing I can say for certain, it's that everyone appreciates a confident person over an insecure person. Also, it wouldn't hurt to let guys know (the ones you're interested in, that is)that you're not intimidating by starting convos with them coz they will already have negative expectations of you by just your appearance alone. Try this as a test run, never know, could be successful :wink:
Original post by tome123
6'3 is not that tall dont worry the average height of men is 6'10

On what planet...? Lmao... youre on the internet too much.
Original post by JDieMstr
Take pride in your height and embrace it. If one thing I can say for certain, it's that everyone appreciates a confident person over an insecure person. Also, it wouldn't hurt to let guys know (the ones you're interested in, that is)that you're not intimidating by starting convos with them coz they will already have negative expectations of you by just your appearance alone. Try this as a test run, never know, could be successful :wink:

Mm. It’s only society that makes her feel that way, and generally a lot of people actually disagree with these stigmas because societal opinions are often moronic or narrowminded. The stupid speak the loudest and all that. honestly it doesnt effect how people see you. At most people will just envy how tall she is. To me and a lot of people its an asset or non issue. To morons it effects who you are.
You can't change your height so why worry about it? If someone doesn't want to date you because you are "too tall" then fu*k them.
I couldnt cwre less what height. 5'2, 5'8, 6'8, don't care. I like short guys lol
Ok. Contrary to popular belief, most guys aren't insecure of taller females. They just assume taller females won't have any interest in dating them, hence they avoid them. You probably get a lot of guys avoiding you for that reason, me included. Why would a guy waste his time approaching taller females when he knows height is the #1 requirement of at least 99% of females?

Original post by tome123
I dont, no, and I have no idea why your asking me

Im straight, personally but nothing against gay people.

edit: sorry! thought you quoted me...
Awkward...
Original post by gussssss
Mm. It’s only society that makes her feel that way, and generally a lot of people actually disagree with these stigmas because societal opinions are often moronic or narrowminded. The stupid speak the loudest and all that. honestly it doesnt effect how people see you. At most people will just envy how tall she is. To me and a lot of people its an asset or non issue. To morons it effects who you are.

True about the narrow minded views of the masses.Society is where you live tbh, if she was in Netherlands/Denmark or any other Nordic countries, she'd be better off there where the average men are around her height.

Latest

Trending

Trending