The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Issa beautiful height. Flaunt it.
Original post by JDieMstr
Take pride in your height and embrace it. If one thing I can say for certain, it's that everyone appreciates a confident person over an insecure person. Also, it wouldn't hurt to let guys know (the ones you're interested in, that is)that you're not intimidating by starting convos with them coz they will already have negative expectations of you by just your appearance alone. Try this as a test run, never know, could be successful :wink:

Thanks for help but I also assume most short guys don't want a tall girl either.

Original post by gussssss
Mm. It’s only society that makes her feel that way, and generally a lot of people actually disagree with these stigmas because societal opinions are often moronic or narrowminded. The stupid speak the loudest and all that. honestly it doesnt effect how people see you. At most people will just envy how tall she is. To me and a lot of people its an asset or non issue. To morons it effects who you are.

No girls would want to be my height though lol. Thanks though

Original post by Unknown-99
You can't change your height so why worry about it? If someone doesn't want to date you because you are "too tall" then fu*k them.

But it's hard! My dating pool is so small and I look really awkward with friends!
Original post by snowman77
Ok. Contrary to popular belief, most guys aren't insecure of taller females. They just assume taller females won't have any interest in dating them, hence they avoid them. You probably get a lot of guys avoiding you for that reason, me included. Why would a guy waste his time approaching taller females when he knows height is the #1 requirement of at least 99% of females?

Awkward...

I sit next to a guy in class who's like 5'2 and we make fun of each other because of it. I've asked him out of curiosity before and he says he doesn't want a taller girl. I know it's only 1 person but...

Original post by JDieMstr
True about the narrow minded views of the masses.Society is where you live tbh, if she was in Netherlands/Denmark or any other Nordic countries, she'd be better off there where the average men are around her height.

I live in uk so average is like 5'11
Original post by Jheinexx
Issa beautiful height. Flaunt it.

Thanks but I cant help feeling like a lanky **** around others, particularly friends
Original post by Anonymous
Hey!
I'm a 6'3 (1.91m) girl. I'm 18 years old! I've got quite slim too.
What I was wondering is whether I'm "too tall"for society. For example in 6th form I'm the tallest there including boys and most of my friends are Like 5'3 so they're tiny next to me. Whenever We take pictures we can't do any cute poses cause the difference is too much. I also can't wear heels as then I'd just be massive. I've never had a boyfriend because of this. I know there are slight benefits but the negatives are too much. People always point out my height and ask to compare sizes with me as it makes girls feel more "delicate" when my hand is like double the size of theirs.
Any ideas?
If you're attractive you're maybe overpowering to people - I've known attractive 6'+ women and they can be so... well, just a lot of woman. Too much woman for a boy, if you know what I mean. It's also possible that guys who are interested in you might feel too small compared to you, as though you'll reject them because they aren't 6'5" at least.

As for society as a whole, I shouldn't think you're too tall for that. People are going to look at anyone who's different, and you can't change your height, so you might as well go with it. Otherwise you're in for a long life of getting wound up at people staring or teasing.
are you interested in acting or modelling? maybe you could go into that like gwendoline christie/brienne of tarth, she is also 6ft 3 and looks pretty amazing:
https://imgur.com/gallery/QvjKO
Original post by petalsunrise
are you interested in acting or modelling? maybe you could go into that like gwendoline christie/brienne of tarth, she is also 6ft 3 and looks pretty amazing:
https://imgur.com/gallery/QvjKO

I'm way too skinny for modelling and I can't act lol.

Original post by Tootles
If you're attractive you're maybe overpowering to people - I've known attractive 6'+ women and they can be so... well, just a lot of woman. Too much woman for a boy, if you know what I mean. It's also possible that guys who are interested in you might feel too small compared to you, as though you'll reject them because they aren't 6'5" at least.

As for society as a whole, I shouldn't think you're too tall for that. People are going to look at anyone who's different, and you can't change your height, so you might as well go with it. Otherwise you're in for a long life of getting wound up at people staring or teasing.

Yeah I get you, its Just annoying as I don't want to be intimidating
Original post by PhilanderingBum
6'3 is pretty bloody tall for a girl tbh. That's how tall I am. Just make the best of what you have. Go the gym and build a thicc juicy ass and nice toned legs. Be confident, have good posture (very important when you are tall), dress well and just generally take care of yourself. That way, at least boys will find you attractive, even if they are intimidated by you. Not to dishearten you but I've seen some stunning girls who my friends would consider 'too tall' for them. I'm pretty sure it's an ego thing. There's no point sugar-coating it; as a girl, your dating choices are pretty limited. How you choose to respond to this hard fact is up to you. Just don't let it demotivate you. Good luck. At least your situation isn't as sh*t as that of an abnormally small guy :biggrin:. Those poor sods are usually racked with insecurities when it comes to either sex

Some men are so pathetic.

OP there’s a reason why most super models are your height. It’s striking. Own it. I’ve known girls your height and their height is part of what makes them attractive.

You are slim and tall and ****ing own it. You probably have amazing legs!
I'm way too skinny for modelling and I can't act lol.

How can you be too skinny for modelling?!
Original post by Waldorf67

OP there’s a reason why most super models are your height. It’s striking. Own it. I’ve known girls your height and their height is part of what makes them attractive.

My legs are really long tbf lol. I just feel too tall though. Like when taking pics with friends it's embarrassing

How can you be too skinny for modelling?!

Well I have like no figure, I'm just really long
Figures can be built. And no, you don't need gym membership, just a set of weights that cost only £30, and a supply of internet so that you know how to lift them :wink:
Original post by shawn_o1
Figures can be built. And no, you don't need gym membership, just a set of weights that cost only £30, and a supply of internet so that you know how to lift them :wink:

I'm not sure, but lifting them inside would be impossible. I'm too close to the ceiling. Also I don't want to look more intimidating lol
I'm not sure, but lifting them inside would be impossible. I'm too close to the ceiling. Also I don't want to look more intimidating lol

It's impossible for most women to look like the Hulk anyways. You can have strength and still look like a fairy.

????? I take it you don't approve of my comment? :K:
Of course you don't. The thing that people don't appreciate enough is that tall women aren't scary at all, they're usually really nice people, very pleasant and affectionate. It's very unfortunate that you face that prospect. Not that you should ever be anything other than proud of who you are.
honestly that’s pretty cool, i wish i was that tall! you could be a model!
I sit next to a guy in class who's like 5'2 and we make fun of each other because of it. I've asked him out of curiosity before and he says he doesn't want a taller girl. I know it's only 1 person but...

I live in uk so average is like 5'11

That one guy is likely to be more intimidated by you than your average bloke reaching 6'0. That could be a big factor since he would have to tilt his head wayy up to see your face. Ask guys around your height (6''0+) then you should get some positive answers.
Hey!
What I was wondering is whether I'm "too tall"for society. For example in 6th form I'm the tallest there including boys and most of my friends are Like 5'3 so they're tiny next to me. Whenever We take pictures we can't do any cute poses cause the difference is too much. I also can't wear heels as then I'd just be massive. I've never had a boyfriend because of this. I know there are slight benefits but the negatives are too much. People always point out my height and ask to compare sizes with me as it makes girls feel more "delicate" when my hand is like double the size of theirs.
Any ideas?

my aunty is married to her husband who is QUITE shorter than her n its a love marriage
n also she still wears heels, even on her wedding day. her husband even likes it when she wears heels
loool
u just have to wait
Hey!
Any ideas?

This is a classic issue guys also face being 'too small' - the way I see it, do you really want to go out with somebody who cares more about height than getting to know you? I wouldn't!
You can't change your height, it's in your genetics. So, focus on finding the perfect guy (who doesn't care about height). He'll be worth 1000x more than the boys who care about your height and refuse to get to know you because of it.

I understand your insecurity, but just know there are so many insecurities girls (and boys alike) have, it's not just you!

I grew up with super pretty friends always getting the attention. Whenever we went out, they'd get attention, because they were objectively 100 times prettier than me, and I was a bit fatter (not fat per se, but size 12 when they were size 8s). Literally didn't have a boyfriend until I was 22. But because I didn't desperately try to get with anyone, and I just let things happen, it made me appreciate it so much more when it happened. Turns out he's the one, and I honestly believe I'll spend the rest of my life with him.

It's so frustrating feeling left out, and I'm not saying just don't make an effort - I just mean, don't worry about it, because so many people feel the same/similar.
Reply 59
Don't worry about the girls doing the comparing, they just need to grow up. I remember friends doing this with me (comparing waist, hip, chest measurements etc.) and telling me that I was 'bottom heavy', when in fact at the time I had the Hollywood 1940s, 50s, standard, I think 34, 22, 36, which were at one time seen as the 'perfect proportions'. I don't think they were intending to be hurtful.
Anyway, my point is, different people have different ideas about what is attractive. Some men really love tall girls! It is not always a question of being 'emasculated' at all. They are just so confident in their own maleness that they don't care if you are taller.
I am pretty short, and quite happy with my height, body, everything, but not because of what they are, but because I like being me. I also hadn't had a relationship until I was about 19. It's ok if you are late to start dating. Just do it when you feel comfortable, with someone you like.

Latest

Trending

Trending