The Student Room Group

Had a frenuloplasty...

Scroll to see replies

Hi I was wondering whether someone could advise if I need this surgery or should be scene?

I can pull my foreskin over the head of my penis fine - however, if I go to pull it back further, the head of the penis would point downwards because of the frenulum breve and it would begin to hurt quite a bit. But it doesn't hurt if I just pull it behind the head of the penis and leave it like that, it only hurts if I try to pull it back further.

I've had sex quite a few times and it's been fine, there was only one time it hurt and felt like it could rip and I had to stop, but that was with one girl who was quite a petite girl that was really tight down below. However, it's normally fine.

Does this sound like anything I should be worried about?
Hi, I am 62 and had a frenuloplasty two days ago under general anaesthetic.

Having suffered a tight foreskin for over a year and seeing constant splits in the eye of my penus, which was unsightly and very uncomfortable, I was referred to a urologist.

On the day of the operation (one year after I was referred) my surgeon said that I probably needed a circumcision!

I said no thanks, I will try the frenuloplasty as that was what I had been told that I needed.

Was in the theatre for no longer than thirty minutes, including all of the necessary checks.

Was a bit anxious, but there was no need, as when I woke up I felt no pain whatsoever?

Looking at the wound (no stiches) there is a yellow line (not dirt I assure you) and although I am a bit sore, it is not painful.

My foreskin is retracting normally and I am just hoping that it has done the trick.

Please if anybody is out there feeling scared and embarrassed, don't be, get it done you wont regret it.
Reply 42
Im 28 and ive just had this proceedure, i would just like to thank everyone on the thread, this has been great information to know what to expect after.Im on Day2 of recovery started feeling mild discomfort, but not really painful.I would add someone who had a full circumcision told me one thing to get was baby wipes, for the cleaning of the area after, using a baby brand makes it so it doesn't hurt sensitive skin.
Reply 43
So after 3 months of your healing, how was masturbation and sex for you? Did the saved foreskin provide locomotion for your activities? Did you lose any sensitivity, or did you keep 100%? Now, would you advise frenuloplasty or circumcision to a man that has frenulum breve, and please explain concisely and thoroughly?
Reply 44
Original post by Assessref
Hi, I am 62 and had a frenuloplasty two days ago under general anaesthetic.

Having suffered a tight foreskin for over a year and seeing constant splits in the eye of my penus, which was unsightly and very uncomfortable, I was referred to a urologist.

On the day of the operation (one year after I was referred) my surgeon said that I probably needed a circumcision!

I said no thanks, I will try the frenuloplasty as that was what I had been told that I needed.

Was in the theatre for no longer than thirty minutes, including all of the necessary checks.

Was a bit anxious, but there was no need, as when I woke up I felt no pain whatsoever?

Looking at the wound (no stiches) there is a yellow line (not dirt I assure you) and although I am a bit sore, it is not painful.

My foreskin is retracting normally and I am just hoping that it has done the trick.

Please if anybody is out there feeling scared and embarrassed, don't be, get it done you wont regret it.

So how is sex for you now, after your healing? Did you lose any sensitivity? When you go back flaccid from an erection, do you pull the foreskin back up manually or does it recover naturally? How did the surgeon fix your tightness problem; did he do a dorsal slit in your foreskin's tip to yield allowance for retraction? Or did he only cut your frenulum, and not perform any slits on the foreskin tip? Basically, how was your tip widened for easy and smooth retractions, in order not to have a tight tip that would get stuck behind the head?

Can you post a pic with the foreskin retracted during erection, and the healed scar showing?
Reply 45
Original post by Anonymous
Hi I was wondering whether someone could advise if I need this surgery or should be scene?

I can pull my foreskin over the head of my penis fine - however, if I go to pull it back further, the head of the penis would point downwards because of the frenulum breve and it would begin to hurt quite a bit. But it doesn't hurt if I just pull it behind the head of the penis and leave it like that, it only hurts if I try to pull it back further.

I've had sex quite a few times and it's been fine, there was only one time it hurt and felt like it could rip and I had to stop, but that was with one girl who was quite a petite girl that was really tight down below. However, it's normally fine.

Well...it sounds like your foreskin pulls back fine like you express, which means your are non-phimotic (do not have a tightening issue) which is great! However, that short frenulum (frenulum breve) is no problem until you manually pull it back further, or the act of sex pulls it back further. Yes, that tension does sting and hurt, and will cause a bleedy tear or rip if continued. You should simply just go to an urologist and have them to snip and suture that short frenulum; keep the foreskin for all of your natural sensory nerves. You should be a perfect penis afterwards. Lol Circumcision for you does not soumd necessary not one bit, unless you are tired of having a foreskin...lol
Reply 46
Okay, so having just had my frenuloplasty last friday. I thought I'd also share my experiences for anyone else thinking of, or about to have a frenuloplasty.

I'm currently 18.
I first realised I had a problem with my foreskin around 6 years ago. I hoped that with time, it may gradually get better. And to a certain extent, it did get better. At first I couldn't pull my foreskin over my penis head at all, but after persistence and patience, after 6 months+ I achieved it. However then I became sexually active. Sex wasn't painful as such, but (not to be too graphic) when you first slide your penis, it really rubs on your foreskin, you have to be REALLY SLOW or else it hurts like a *****. Anyway, after some searching on the internet I realised I may suffer from frenulum breve.

I went to see a GP, who referred me to a urologist (long wait). Who then asked how quickly I wanted it done, so I was referred to a private urologist. The following week. As it was private, I did my pre assessment as soon as I talked to the private urologist. It was a bit awkward doing the MRSA swabs but it's not too bad. A week later I had the operation.

I had to arrive at the hospital at 7:30am. Talked to the surgeon + anesthetic guy. It was done under general anesthetic. They stabbed me with the needle, and OMG it hurt like a *****. THEN they knocked me out with gas =/. Woke up in the recovery room. It was painless then sat around watching tv for about 3 hours. Had a pee. They gave me lunch to make sure I was eating.

I was discharged with paracetamol and flamrase (anti-flamment thingy). Like Thread starter. I didn't have any pain whatsoever, but took a couple of paracetamols before bed anyway. Had a few erections, no pain or blood. I didn't shower for 48 hours, and then inspected my wound. It look fine, it was slightly bruised though. No oozing, or smelliness. It was healing well. Erm. No sex for 4 weeks. :smile:. Fun.

Great success story! When you had your erections during healing, did your foreskin remain foreword, or did it retract back on its own, or did you have to manually pull it back once erected? After full healing, did you scar lay flushed with the surrounding skin, or did it ruffle and inflame as scar tissue slightly raised higher than the surrounding skin? How is sex now for you?
Hey guys! I just wanted to also share my thoughts and my story and if anyone can help me, I’ll be gratefull. Having penile problem is indeed really embarassing for young guys and I was one of them! I noticed that not only my foreskin was hard to pull back but also that when I touch my glans it hurt-reallu sensitive(sticky some way). I was embarassed and that reduced my sexual activity cause I was afraid. With time I managed to pull the foreskin back, but touching still felt uncomfortable. I finally went to a doctor and told me that my frenulum was too tight and that made my glans stay hidden for most of my life. I had the frenuloplasty 3 days ago. It burns a little bit (espessialy when urinating) but I can pull the foreskin back, it’s hard to let it dry though..my glans still hurts a little bit at times and I’m afraid that even though I’ve done this, it will still hurt and I don’t know why :/ my doctor said it will leave with time.. also when my penis is erructed now, it’s not like the glans gets out on it’s own.. is that going to change after the healing? Also, has anyone else experienced this sensiticity on his glans? Thank you in advance!!P.s. my doc said 3 weeks before any sexual activity.
I know this threads practically dead but iv just had that operation today and when you say exercise do you mean like fitness e.g running , gym and if so does that mean I can’t do it for 2 weeks!
Heyy.. how much did it cost?? And where ??
Reply 50
Hi there. Ive just had the exact same surgery as you have had just 2days ago and was wondering how you found it to take gauze out underneath the foreskin? Any tips on making it easier?Cheers
Reply 51
I had this done a little over a week ago due to pain when having sex with my girlfriend. The hospital staff were brilliant and couldn't have been more helpful and jovial. I'd even go as far to say I enjoyed the experience as there really was no pain despite a little blood afterwards, and I had some great banter with the nurses, and even the anaesthetists right before I went under. They were a credit to the NHS as having a laugh, a joke and a chit chat really helped keep me at ease and not phased by having my johnson mutilated.The first week has been slightly uncomfortable but no real pain apart from waking up and subconsciously touching myself the first night while half asleep. Little things like getting in and out of my car can be quite uncomfortable; however walking, urinating and erections haven't been painful at all. I noticed blood when dabbing with toilet paper for the first week, but this is fine, just remember to keep on top of hygeine and dab as much as possible to avoid any infections. I waited 48 hours to bathe with clear unsoapy water and did not like what I saw down there, a bit of a scabby and bloody mess. It's been about 10 days now and it's starting to look a lot cleaner and healthier, with a few of the stitches falling out yesterday and today. I can already retract further than I could before. When touching the area it is still tender, I'm not fully 100% and unfazed on my feet but more or less back to normal. I've really struggled in terms of the lack of intimacy with my girlfriend but as of a day or so ago I've been able to very carefully and slowly masturbate. I won't be striving to get my five a day but it will help to keep me a little less frustrated; as long as I clean myself delicately and properly afterwards.Barring some freak occurrence it has massively been worth it. For the very little inconvenience I've suffered, I already have more give and I've still got about 4 or 5 weeks before it's completely healed. Anyone who feels generally tight down there, pain when masturbating/having sex or unable to properly pull back to clean I would really advise having the surgery. It may be a little awkward but it really is a no brainer, I couldn't be happier and it's only been about a week.
Reply 52
I had the same done in December, but mine is still got a thin white banjo and still bends a bit with a erection, you reckon I need the procedure again? It’s quite annoying as I thought it would all be sorted the first time
Reply 53
I am 28, and also just had frenuloplasty 5 days ago. And I decided to do after consulting an urologist, due to the fast that if I am fully erected, i could feel tense of frenulum. (It hadn’t yet effect and create pain in sex) but it does pull my c... down when fully erected. So I decided to ask urologist about it.and afterward, decided to went through the surgery.Actually I don’t feel anything in the surgery and the recovery so far has been quite easy. Despite from the silly side of me thinking that I could do a careful **** earlier today and break the wound a bit, and ended up having some blood on my hand and terror in my mind. I guess I need to wait longer with my blue balls...(I really am feeling the light pain from them (thanks to my girl who kept on teasing me). Besides from that so far I feel it is good.
Hey guys

I’m too scared of getting it cut, did you have to ask to be burnt specifically? if so could you recommend the hospital or doctors you used to get it done? Would much prefer the burning method than stitches
Original post by Donwang
I am 28, and also just had frenuloplasty 5 days ago. And I decided to do after consulting an urologist, due to the fast that if I am fully erected, i could feel tense of frenulum. (It hadn’t yet effect and create pain in sex) but it does pull my c... down when fully erected. So I decided to ask urologist about it.and afterward, decided to went through the surgery.Actually I don’t feel anything in the surgery and the recovery so far has been quite easy. Despite from the silly side of me thinking that I could do a careful **** earlier today and break the wound a bit, and ended up having some blood on my hand and terror in my mind. I guess I need to wait longer with my blue balls...(I really am feeling the light pain from them (thanks to my girl who kept on teasing me). Besides from that so far I feel it is good.

Bro ,what is your present situation?I hope you are doing well now.

I know your post is old.My situation is exact the same one.Have you done the surgery or things going right?
Original post by hugow123
Hey guys

I’m too scared of getting it cut, did you have to ask to be burnt specifically? if so could you recommend the hospital or doctors you used to get it done? Would much prefer the burning method than stitches

Bro have you done the surgery?How it feels now?

Quick Reply

Latest