The Student Room Group

Driving test cancellations - how to get them?!

Hi,

So i've been learning to drive for the best part of four months and finally got to a point where i was ready to do a test.. But it didn't quite go to plan. Long story short I failed and I want to do a test ASAP! I have been searching for a driving test cancellation for ages and it's just getting ridiculous and it's four months away until the next test slot! Does anyone have any tips? Or does anyone have any experience from using one of these driving test cancellations finders/ are they legit?

Scroll to see replies

u just gotta keep checking the website. i was always told to check on sunday, monday and friday
Yeah I had big issue with this. Failed my first test and the next one avalible was months away . I kept checking the gov website but was a pain going on it all the time. I searched web for a cancellation finder was a bit unsure but used https://www.findmeadrivingtest.co.uk , was unsure but worked a treat. Got messages through within couples of days with new test dates was great.
Original post by reubensmith
u just gotta keep checking the website. i was always told to check on sunday, monday and friday

I have done but it just takes a ridiculously time, there is just literally nothing. Four months is ridiculous.
Reply 4
Original post by TheBomber09
I have done but it just takes a ridiculously time, there is just literally nothing. Four months is ridiculous.

So you need to keep trying.
Original post by JackJ3346
Yeah I had big issue with this. Failed my first test and the next one avalible was months away . I kept checking the gov website but was a pain going on it all the time. I searched web for a cancellation finder was a bit unsure but used https://www.findmeadrivingtest.co.uk , was unsure but worked a treat. Got messages through within couples of days with new test dates was great.

Hi, I've spent ages looking on this now annoyingly. That service you mention, how long did it take for them to get you a driving test cancellation? I asked my instructor and he was unsure whether I should use a cancellation checker or not but then again, he said if it thinks it will move my driving test to the next couple of weeks then he thinks I should go for it.
Hi, I've spent ages looking on this now annoyingly. That service you mention, how long did it take for them to get you a driving test cancellation? I asked my instructor and he was unsure whether I should use a cancellation checker or not but then again, he said if it thinks it will move my driving test to the next couple of weeks then he thinks I should go for it.

To get a cancellation less than 5 days I would say can't fully remember but was quick. I would go for it if I was you saved me a lot of time.

Nothing worth tho when you just want to get back on the road and get another test and get it passed .

Incentive alone to pass next time.
To get a cancellation less than 5 days I would say can't fully remember but was quick. I would go for it if I was you saved me a lot of time.

Nothing worth tho when you just want to get back on the road and get another test and get it passed .

Ok, well I am going to go for it. They do a free trial so I suppose there is nothing to lose and it's not that much for the full version to be fair. Otherwise I worked it out:

Four Months of extra lessons:

17 weeks (next earliest date) x £25 is £425 AND there is no guarantee that i'll even pass which (in which place we could be talking towards christmas for a third test!). And as there is only a 40% chance of passing it's not even that likely :/ so I might as well buy the service and therefore can use it again IF I fail.. I'll let you know how the service works out though.
Original post by nevershear
Incentive alone to pass next time.

To be honest, I don't think the 'incentive' 'is the issue. There are many, many incentives to passing my test and so I am definitely not in need of any others! Sometimes things are just out of your control
Just keep checking the website. When cancellations open up they disappear very quickly so you just need to keep checking until you get lucky.
Reply 11
Hi,

So i've been learning to drive for the best part of four months and finally got to a point where i was ready to do a test.. But it didn't quite go to plan. Long story short I failed and I want to do a test ASAP! I have been searching for a driving test cancellation for ages and it's just getting ridiculous and it's four months away until the next test slot! Does anyone have any tips? Or does anyone have any experience from using one of these driving test cancellations finders/ are they legit?

There is an app called Testi that I use.

It’s really great, it checks the DVSA website every 30 seconds automatically and alerts you as soon as a test becomes available. When you click on to book a test you don’t have to bother entering your lisence number and theory pass number either.

Best of all it’s free, although well worth the £4.99 upgrade. I got a new test date within a day :smile:
There are some great apps that will notify you when a space earlier than your currently booked space becomes available. Just google for them.
Original post by DarthRoar
There are some great apps that will notify you when a space earlier than your currently booked space becomes available. Just google for them.

Yes, i've just signed up with this website

www.findmeadrivingtest.co.uk

Another poster recommended it so i'm going to give it a go.. Like I said above, if it works it will save me literally hundreds of pounds over the next 2-3 months (and save me a hell of a lot of time I suppose).. Fingers crossed!

Well thank you so much! I signed up and I got a new cancellation within a day! I'm now all booked in with an earlier slot for just a weeks time! Thank you so much for your help, I can't thank you enough really! I just really hope that this driving test is going to go much better than the lats one! I am definitely ready for the test, it's just that when I get in the car I get really nervous which is so annoying...

Does anyone have any driving test tips?
Well thank you so much! I signed up and I got a new cancellation within a day! I'm now all booked in with an earlier slot for just a weeks time! Thank you so much for your help, I can't thank you enough really! I just really hope that this driving test is going to go much better than the lats one! I am definitely ready for the test, it's just that when I get in the car I get really nervous which is so annoying...

Does anyone have any driving test tips?

Oooo Great, so happy you found a driving test cancellation bet you are super happy?!?!

I know you are nervous but just try to relax that was one of the worst things for me my legs were shaking on the peddles on my first time. If you don't relax you will miss the little things that count such as using your mirrors. I have had a few friends that have just failed on that so try to make it really obvious that you are looking in the mirrors. Also one last thing, the reason I failed the first time was that when the examiner said change lanes. instead of indicating straight away as soon as he said that, I was looking in my mirror waiting for a gap once I saw a gap I then indicated, so don't wait just indicate straight away! Don't be as stupid as me on my first test my accident I knocked the heater up to full wack boy that was a big mistake, let just say it got very hot.

Also, what care are you thinking of getting after you pass? If you haven’t got a car yet I would recommend you do the following: - Do not buy a car that has an engine larger than 1.2l. You’ll get killed on insurance. It’s ridiculous. Obviously, it depends on your age a lot as well but I wanted to get a 1.4l fiesta and it was £900 more than the 1.2l version!! - Try and hit the sweet spot in terms of car age. I found that a car older than 10 years started to go up on the insurance but a car younger than three years also started to go up. You could look for one of those deals that gives you a new car and free insurance, but I really don’t think that’s worth it (And I spent so long looking!). - Insurance always goes on risk factors and the biggest impact is the post code you live at from my experience. But often you can find some great cars that are actually really cheap to insure just because not many young people drive them and not many statistics to go on. I drove an SLK for a while because it was only two seater and it was quite a rare car for young people to drive so it was really cheap. Seriously though, any other questions let me know! I hope this helps someone else out as well but remember, the main thing for your driving test is just to relax. I was so nervous on my first driving test and after failing (and then getting a cancellation) I managed to somehow relax. (Some people swear by taking two paracetamol before a driving test but I can’t recommend that).
Thanks, Jack, much appreciated! Thank you for all the driving tips etc. I was considering doing the pass plus to get some motorway experience (If I pass of course!) but I am just not sure at the moment. I saw an article on the BBC that said, learners will be allowed on motorways this year which I think is a very handy thing. I know a lot of people who dreaded going on a motorway and doing it in a safe environment would seem the logical thing to do? What is everyone's thoughts on this?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40905632
Driving test cancellations 4 all is a good service, its £18 for a one off fee and you can use it again if you fail until you pass. Saved me a lot of time and gave me lots of text notifications of new tests until I found one that suited me
Thanks, in_candescence, I appreciate the help. But i've already used this company:

www.findmeadrivingtest.co.uk

They (luckily!) found me a test in the same day so i'm booked in for next week which is nice!
Is going to a different test centre an option?

After I failed second time in Leeds, my theory was running out, so I looked at Wakefield. I managed to get one in with decent time and my instructor agreed (she does also cover the Wakefield area and was familiar with the test routes)
I did 1 lesson in Wakefield and covered all the trickiest areas that would be likely to come up, then went for it a week later. Passed that time.

Quick Reply

Latest