The Student Room Group

UCAS - going into adjustment after accepting an unconditional?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wolfmoon88
Very well :smile: just wait for an response and hope for the best!

:erm: I believe a course change would be done on the university's end and would automatically show up on track... but PQ will confirm if I am wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah thank you!

Do you think it'll be hard for me to go to Manchester uni in train every single day and then come back? It's about 45 mins from where I live.
And do you have any idea what the timetable is like? My brother goes uni and comes back around 7-8pm eventhough his uni is about 15 by foot. But i think he does revision... I don't want t be coming back at this in train :redface:
Original post by LunaCat
Ah thank you!

Do you think it'll be hard for me to go to Manchester uni in train every single day and then come back? It's about 45 mins from where I live.
And do you have any idea what the timetable is like? My brother goes uni and comes back around 7-8pm eventhough his uni is about 15 by foot. But i think he does revision... I don't want t be coming back at this in train :redface:

No problem! :smile:

Well a relatively long commute is definitely manageable (45 minutes is not extremely long but if it's done everyday could be tiresome to.say the least). It would mean that you would have to budget your time wisely if you would like to study in the university's libraries, take advantage of professor's open hours etc... so that you aren't going home too late which is understandably a concern.

I am not too familiar with the University of Manchester in particular for timetabling purposes... but if you tag @AmeFish in... she can probably give a decent non-subject specific response as she isn't studying optometry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LunaCat
They have twitter and Facebook but no email... When would i need to contact UCAS? after the uni has agreed to switch/accept me onto their course or will this automatically appear on my track?

I would say when the university agrees to switch. As it might not appear on track straight away. Use social media, you might get a quick response with that.
Original post by LunaCat
They have twitter and Facebook but no email... When would i need to contact UCAS? after the uni has agreed to switch/accept me onto their course or will this automatically appear on my track?

You don’t need to contact ucas. They have no role in this change. Your universities can make the changes if they agree.
Original post by MissMaz1
I would say when the university agrees to switch. As it might not appear on track straight away. Use social media, you might get a quick response with that.

There’s no point. If the universities agree to the switch then they’ll make a new offer via Track. Ucas don’t need to do anything and even if they did then the universities would contact ucas to sort it...there’s no requirement for the op to contact ucas.
Original post by nutz99
There is no search facility for "normal" courses as the deadline has passed. You can only search Extra at the moment. Your course is there so get in touch with them asap to see if they will give you an offer.

I assume that you realise you have to decline all other offers to use Extra.

How does extra work?

It is to be used for places that are available still?
Reply 45
Original post by MKaur18
How does extra work?

It is to be used for places that are available still?

It's available if you have received 5 rejections, or you withdraw from all your offers. You can see courses that still have places in UCAS Search (make sure you use the correct filter), and then contact those universities to check.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/extra-choices

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Doonesbury
It's available if you have received 5 rejections, or you withdraw from all your offers. You can see courses that still have places in UCAS Search (make sure you use the correct filter), and then contact those universities to check.

https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergraduate/apply-and-track/track-your-application/extra-choices

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks.

Through extra, can you only put down one choice at a time? So, you'll only have a firm choice?
Reply 47
Original post by MKaur18
Thanks.

Through extra, can you only put down one choice at a time? So, you'll only have a firm choice?

Yes.
Thanks everyone
Original post by PQ
There’s no point. If the universities agree to the switch then they’ll make a new offer via Track. Ucas don’t need to do anything and even if they did then the universities would contact ucas to sort it...there’s no requirement for the op to contact ucas.

How long should I expect to wait until I hear back (through email) from Manchester uni about the swap?
Original post by LunaCat
How long should I expect to wait until I hear back (through email) from Manchester uni about the swap?

I’ve no idea. Email will always be lowest priority for admissions staff which is why I always recommend phoning - you will normally get an instant answer by phone, email can take a week or more.
Original post by PQ
I’ve no idea. Email will always be lowest priority for admissions staff which is why I always recommend phoning - you will normally get an instant answer by phone, email can take a week or more.

Hmm :frown: I'll try calling if i don't hear back after a week.
Original post by wolfmoon88
Very well :smile: just wait for an response and hope for the best!

:erm: I believe a course change would be done on the university's end and would automatically show up on track... but PQ will confirm if I am wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am so worried I haven't heard back again, I can't stop stressing anymore I think i'm going crazy
:frown: I cant take the stress and worries of family, uni, this and exams arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Original post by LunaCat
I am so worried I haven't heard back again, I can't stop stressing anymore I think i'm going crazy
You said you'd try phoning in this instance....:redface:
Original post by LunaCat
Hmm :frown: I'll try calling if i don't hear back after a week.

Original post by LunaCat
:frown: I cant take the stress and worries of family, uni, this and exams arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Deep breaths. One thing at a time. Don't let your mind race ahead of you.:heart:
Original post by 04MR17
Deep breaths. One thing at a time. Don't let your mind race ahead of you.:heart:

I did say I'd phone, but when i sent the email, i got a reply back saying that they'll re consider whether tot are further applications after their last interview (14th of March) so i waited till then to then email them again. That was 10 days ago idk what to do tbh :frown:
I'd phone but I idk why phone calls just make my heart race so fast, it feels like I'll have a heart attack or something because i cant breathe :frown: i hate the feeling.

I know, one thing at a time BUT I DON'T HAVE TIME ANYMORE :cry: so piles and piles to revise and my parents decided to go abroad for a week, im like **** my revision rip:frown:
Original post by LunaCat
I did say I'd phone, but when i sent the email, i got a reply back saying that they'll re consider whether tot are further applications after their last interview (14th of March) so i waited till then to then email them again. That was 10 days ago idk what to do tbh :frown:

I'd phone but I idk why phone calls just make my heart race so fast, it feels like I'll have a heart attack or something because i cant breathe :frown: i hate the feeling.

I know, one thing at a time BUT I DON'T HAVE TIME ANYMORE :cry: so piles and piles to revise and my parents decided to go abroad for a week, im like **** my revision rip:frown:
If you can, please try phoning. I know it can be anxiety inducing and I don't like phoning someone I don't know either, but in this instance it may be the best way for you to get answers fast. Sending another email now might not have much effect (in my own view). @PQ do you agree?:dontknow:

Personally I'd say focus on revision. Even if your uni situation does change the exams you've got coming up aren't going to, this is one thing that is fixed, that you can trust and believe in, and you can work towards. PM me if you want.:hugs:
Original post by 04MR17
If you can, please try phoning. I know it can be anxiety inducing and I don't like phoning someone I don't know either, but in this instance it may be the best way for you to get answers fast. Sending another email now might not have much effect (in my own view). @PQ do you agree?:dontknow:

Personally I'd say focus on revision. Even if your uni situation does change the exams you've got coming up aren't going to, this is one thing that is fixed, that you can trust and believe in, and you can work towards. PM me if you want.:hugs:

Euh sorry I've missed out words in my reply before, hope you understood though

I'm thinking maybe they've not replied to me because they haven't yet made all their decisions (like who to give offers to after their last interview?)

My problem with phones is...that my dad is listening, or my family. Like my dad always (used to) criticise what I say and how I speak so now even when he's not there i feel like he'll come any minute. I'd do it whilst at school on a free but i don't have calls on my phone, i have to top it up and it runs out quiet fast and I'm assuming the phone call is gonna be long?

I know my exams are important, but i have to do these things too, i cant leave it last minute because I would have no option left. Not even clearing or adjustment, because my offer from keele is an unconditional. If i don't get an offer for optometry at Manchester I want this to be my choice ygm? :frown: so i cant firm it, but i don't want to firm anything else if it's not optometry. Ah this thing is giving me a headache :colonhash: i cant apply for student finance before having a firm, i guess? And im supposed to write a CV for a job in the summer holidays because i probs need to start now if i want a job then.
But
I'm too busy stressing :colonhash:
Probably gonna need to write a PS for Optometry separately too
Hi, hope this helps but if I were you I would phone the university and make clear that you have every intention of studying at their university and the reasons why you wish to change course and see if they will swap your course, I did this last week at a Scottish uni and they were very willing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending