The Student Room Group

Southampton Medicine 2018 offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rouxbyB
The last selection day was only on Monday, and I don't think they've given out all of their offers yet since I have a friend who's 'on hold'. On their website to says this about offer days...

Visit days

If you receive an offer of a place and live in the UK, you will be invited to attend a visit day. These usually take place on selected Wednesdays during term-time and involve a tour of the campus by student guides, talks on the degree programmes and the University, and a chance to meet the academic staff.

So we could hear about it in a week or two?..

Niiice, thanks very much!
Are there any mature students here? X
Reply 22
Guys do we have a offer holder group on facebook, bc I don't think I can find one? If not would that be something people would be interested in? :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by rouxbyB
Guys do we have a offer holder group on facebook, bc I don't think I can find one? If not would that be something people would be interested in? :smile:

You could create a group, but tbh relatively few people join that group every year, the medsoc freshers 18/19 (to be created usually in sept) is the group everyone joins :smile:
Anyone applied for accommodation yet?
Offer!! I’m so gassed never thought I’d get one
Reply 26
Original post by Doctor P

congrats!
yo lads join the offer holders group!! : https://www.facebook.com/groups/375877012925752/

How did you feel th interview went? Im still waiting for a decision - my panel interview went bad, they caught me up on one question about NHS and we ran out of time. I feel as if the group interview went well, but i didnt trust my instincts.
Original post by tabbyglitter
How did you feel th interview went? Im still waiting for a decision - my panel interview went bad, they caught me up on one question about NHS and we ran out of time. I feel as if the group interview went well, but i didnt trust my instincts.

you cant judge your own performance dw I fully thought I messed up group interview, said like two lines and thought id never get an offer. Although the panel went really well which is why I may have got one :')
you cant judge your own performance dw I fully thought I messed up group interview, said like two lines and thought id never get an offer. Although the panel went really well which is why I may have got one :':wink:

I hope they judge the panel and group performance on a 50-50 basis, or at least weigh the group a lot!
Original post by tabbyglitter
I hope they judge the panel and group performance on a 50-50 basis, or at least weigh the group a lot!

I believe they mark each as either unsatisfactory, satisfactory or excellent. So if u did good in the group task but okay in panel you've still got a really good chance!
I believe they mark each as either unsatisfactory, satisfactory or excellent. So if u did good in the group task but okay in panel you've still got a really good chance!

thank you for the reassurance :smile:
hi everyone :smile: does anyone know whether there is and when would be a post offer day? i know not all offers have gone out yet, but if u have any info, would be great. also, are there any non-native speaking, but considered as home applicants that have been asked for an IELTS? i was surprised it didnt come through on track in the offer, even though on the website it's in the requirements.
Original post by Szandihun
hi everyone :smile: does anyone know whether there is and when would be a post offer day? i know not all offers have gone out yet, but if u have any info, would be great. also, are there any non-native speaking, but considered as home applicants that have been asked for an IELTS? i was surprised it didnt come through on track in the offer, even though on the website it's in the requirements.

Last year there wasnt a post offer day for medicine but if you have any questions, I'd be happy to answer them :smile:
What do people think is the best accommodation to apply for? Which campus is in the best location with nice ish rooms that people recommend?
Reply 36
Original post by 11addisona
What do people think is the best accommodation to apply for? Which campus is in the best location with nice ish rooms that people recommend?

Glen EYRE by far the best in terms of proximity to highfield campus and the hospital
Does anyone know where most of our lectures are going to be held? I'm looking to book accommodation at Mayflower Halls but i'm worried it'll be far.
Reply 38
Original post by El-Guapo
Does anyone know where most of our lectures are going to be held? I'm looking to book accommodation at Mayflower Halls but i'm worried it'll be far.

Mayflower halls very nice
However most of your lectures in first year are in SGH some in campus and unfortunately the city centre is the furthest away from the hospital (buswise) so u will need to wake up slightly earlier for those 9am lectures
(on the bright side u will be guaranteed a seat on the bus!)
Original post by Ginga
Mayflower halls very nice
However most of your lectures in first year are in SGH some in campus and unfortunately the city centre is the furthest away from the hospital (buswise) so u will need to wake up slightly earlier for those 9am lectures
(on the bright side u will be guaranteed a seat on the bus!)

That's Southampton General Hospital right? How long is the bus journey? Also what halls are around there (If you know)? I want something modern! Old halls make me feel like i'm going to army training haha.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending