The Student Room Group

Can I cancel my student finance and restart a new one?

I messed up my Student finance by putting wrong course and uni (as i was expecting to go somewhere else) is it possible to cancel and just start again?
Original post by JessicaEMB
I messed up my Student finance by putting wrong course and uni (as i was expecting to go somewhere else) is it possible to cancel and just start again?

You don't need to start again. You should just be able to change the details.

Hi Jessica,

You do need to cancel the application, you do not need a confirmed place on a course to make your application.

If you decide to take up a different place, you can easily make changes to your university and course details online.

Thanks Rona
Reply 3
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi Jessica,

You do need to cancel the application, you do not need a confirmed place on a course to make your application.

If you decide to take up a different place, you can easily make changes to your university and course details online.

Thanks Rona

I have not been able to make theses changes online, everytime I try to it tells me to send a letter that takes 6 weeks to process.
I have not been able to make theses changes online, everytime I try to it tells me to send a letter that takes 6 weeks to process.

Hi Jessica,

Depending on what stage your application is at the system will either allow you to make changes online or prompt you to print the paper Change of Circumstances form, which are currently only taking five working days to process.

What is the status of your application currently?

Thanks Rona
Reply 5
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi Jessica,

Depending on what stage your application is at the system will either allow you to make changes online or prompt you to print the paper Change of Circumstances form, which are currently only taking five working days to process.

What is the status of your application currently?

Thanks Rona

Currently I have only filled in my details, I haven’t sent any of the evidence or financial information off.
Currently I have only filled in my details, I haven’t sent any of the evidence or financial information off.

Hi Jessica,

If your application status online is,

Data Entry Incomplete - You may not be able to change application yourself online if you have passed the relevant section.

You can cancel the application online and begin a new one.

Eligibility Incomplete - will not allow you either at this stage to change online, you will need to send a Change Of Circumstances form.

I checked today and a Change Of Circumstance form is currently only taking six working days to process.

Thanks Rona
hi does this mean I can cancel a submitted application to then restart because I entered wrong details about my parents annual income and will need more for maintenance. I have not sent off proof of identity but I did do bank details.
Original post by aliciaclamp00303
hi does this mean I can cancel a submitted application to then restart because I entered wrong details about my parents annual income and will need more for maintenance. I have not sent off proof of identity but I did do bank details.

Hi there,

If you have submitted the wrong income for your parents, they need to complete the PFF2 form found here.

Thanks, Erin
Hi,
I have entered the wrong email address for one of my parents, he hasn't received any emails but my other parent has. How can I change this?
Can I cancel and resubmit another form as it is for my 2nd year funding.

Hi there, If you have the option to cancel the application via your online account that you can do so. Alternatively we would advise to send us a Change of Circumstances form. Thanks, Angela

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending