The Student Room Group

MSc Psychology Conversion

Hello everyone,
Which universities would you recommend for a graduate with a 2:2 for MSc Psy conversion course 2018 entry?
I do have the BPS list of universities and researched their entry criteria and have compile uni's from Coventry at the top end and Leeds Beckett at the bottom as per the Guardian Psychology Department ranking.
I would be grateful if I could get some practical on the ground advice on the best uni with a 2:2.
I intend to do a PhD post my masters
Thank you in advance!
Kris
Hi @Kris Mar,

If you're at all interested in studying your masters online, take a look at our MSc Psychology, which is BPS accredited: https://arden.ac.uk/our-courses/distance-learning/postgraduate/msc-psychology-bps

We welcome applications from students who achieved a 2:2 in their undergraduate degree.

If you'd like to know more about the course or how are distance learning with Arden works, feel free to contact our admissions team. Their email is: [email protected]

All the best

Team Arden University
Reply 2
Thank you so much for you reply.I intend to do a full time course though.Thanks a again.
Original post by Kris Mar
Thank you so much for you reply.I intend to do a full time course though.Thanks a again.

MSc Psychology Conversion Fall'2018

University of Nottingham/ University of St Andrews/ University of Bristol?
Any inputs to share? Look forward to knowing more!
Reply 4
Hello everyone,
Which universities would you recommend for a graduate with a 2:2 for MSc Psy conversion course 2018 entry?
I do have the BPS list of universities and researched their entry criteria and have compile uni's from Coventry at the top end and Leeds Beckett at the bottom as per the Guardian Psychology Department ranking.
I would be grateful if I could get some practical on the ground advice on the best uni with a 2:2.
I intend to do a PhD post my masters
Thank you in advance!
Kris

Hello @alleycat393

I would be very grateful for your suggestions on top 5-7 Uni's where a graduate with a 2:2 could apply.

Looking forward to your inputs.

many thanks,

Kris
Hello @alleycat393

I would be very grateful for your suggestions on top 5-7 Uni's where a graduate with a 2:2 could apply.

many thanks,

Kris

Hi Kris,

I'm going to the University of Essex to study their MSc Psychology conversion this year. I believe they will accept a 2:2 at a push.
Reply 6
Original post by oliverearl
Hi Kris,

I'm going to the University of Essex to study their MSc Psychology conversion this year. I believe they will accept a 2:2 at a push.

@oliverearl Congratulations and thank you so much for your reply. I am applying to Essex definitely. I will also be applying to Coventry and Northumbria as well as they accept 2:2 score. Any inputs on these uni's and any suggestion of other Uni's that you could recommend for 2:2 would be highly appreciated.

All the very best for your course!
@oliverearl Congratulations and thank you so much for your reply. I am applying to Essex definitely. I will also be applying to Coventry and Northumbria as well as they accept 2:2 score. Any inputs on these uni's and any suggestion of other Uni's that you could recommend for 2:2 would be highly appreciated.

All the very best for your course!

Thank you! I can't comment on Northumbria, but I know plenty of people who went to Coventry. I had some vocational training provided by them all the way back in 2013 as well - I definitely think it's a great institution and worth your consideration.

Definitely apply for Essex though!
Hello @alleycat393

many thanks,

Kris

Unfortunately I’m not going to do your research for you and nor should anyone at this level. Look at uni websites and courses and find out where you can realistically apply that meets your academic requirements. Good luck!
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 9
Thank you! I can't comment on Northumbria, but I know plenty of people who went to Coventry. I had some vocational training provided by them all the way back in 2013 as well - I definitely think it's a great institution and worth your consideration.

Definitely apply for Essex though!

Thank you so much and apologies for the delay in replying. Thank you so much for your inputs on Coventry and Essex. I have already applied to their conversion courses.

Thank you once again for your inputs and wish you all the best!.
Reply 10
Original post by alleycat393
Unfortunately I’m not going to do your research for you and nor should anyone at this level. Look at uni websites and courses and find out where you can realistically apply that meets your academic requirements. Good luck!

I appreciate your feedback and suggestions.

I would like to apologize if I came across as I wanted my research outsourced. I have done my research as is mentioned in my first post. I was looking for any on-the-ground reality, apart from what is mentioned on their websites like direct student experience, and I am glad I have received a few important pointers in this regard from this forum itself.

Thank you!
Reply 11
Hi Kris,

Hi Oliver,

I m glad to inform you that I made it to Essex as well for their MSc Psychology Conversion as well. Just got my accommodation offer today as well.
Are you staying on campus itself?

Quick Reply

Latest