The Student Room Group

Preparing a Written Assignment

You are required to produce an assignment plan that will support you in writing a research report about the use of social media and whether or not it is addictive.

You do not need to write the report for this assignment you only need to produce an assignment plan.

A research report should be written using the recommended report format that you have been provided with in the ‘Academic Writing Skills’ unit. Each section within the report format includes an indicative number of words, so you should incorporate this information into your assignment plan.

A research report must also include your own research, such as surveys, questionnaires and/or interviews (known as primary research) you must include this element within your assignment plan.

The submission date for your report is 4 weeks from today, and the start date is today. Ensure that you use actual dates within your assignment plan and not ‘week 1’, ‘week 2’ etc.

Whilst this will be draft assignment plan, it must be as structured and as detailed as possible given the information outlined above.
Original post by tracy.regina56
You are required to produce an assignment plan that will support you in writing a research report about the use of social media and whether or not it is addictive.

You do not need to write the report for this assignment you only need to produce an assignment plan.

A research report should be written using the recommended report format that you have been provided with in the ‘Academic Writing Skills’ unit. Each section within the report format includes an indicative number of words, so you should incorporate this information into your assignment plan.

A research report must also include your own research, such as surveys, questionnaires and/or interviews (known as primary research) you must include this element within your assignment plan.

The submission date for your report is 4 weeks from today, and the start date is today. Ensure that you use actual dates within your assignment plan and not ‘week 1’, ‘week 2’ etc.

Whilst this will be draft assignment plan, it must be as structured and as detailed as possible given the information outlined above.

You are more likely to get a reply if you explaining what it is you want and what your situation is rather than simply posting your homework. People can then decide if they wish to assist.

It seems pretty straightforward.
You can start by reading the instruction paper and then break it down into a series of tasks as a to do list.
You can then think about and decide what you need to do and how you will ho abut doing each task.

If you are just returning to education, then a copy of this book should help.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Study-Guide-Andy-Northedge/dp/0749259744
(edited 6 years ago)
hey I'm in the middle of doing this now and really stuck duno what to include nothing have u done yours could u help in nayway
Original post by nats 20122
hey I'm in the middle of doing this now and really stuck duno what to include nothing have u done yours could u help in nayway

Hi nats and tracey,
I am also currently working on this assignment.
Could either of you kindly offer any advice as to what is required in the assigment planner?
When it states primary research did you actually have to create a survey/questionnaire?
any other helpful tips i would be super grateful for.
hope you are both enjoying the course so far!
leanne x
Original post by Leanne2230
Hi nats and tracey,
I am also currently working on this assignment.
Could either of you kindly offer any advice as to what is required in the assigment planner?
When it states primary research did you actually have to create a survey/questionnaire?
any other helpful tips i would be super grateful for.
hope you are both enjoying the course so far!
leanne x

hey yes u have to create a survey or questionaire also u have to reference it all the report nd cite it and bilbikography im still stuck on yhis ha only tiny bit tho but tutor said pass just got one thing to do which stuck on
I messaged my tutor about it but had no response, so rubbish! Didn’t realise you actually had to create the survey, just thought it is to be included into timetable! So thank you! Who are you going your access course through?
Stonebridge and yea I know the feeling yea if u type into Google social media report u get samples or things loke that that can help u and what u need to include and how to set it out and all that but questionnaire or survey got to be last
Thank you, I’ve created a timetable with all that needs to be included from reading the brief to submitting it and all the sections of the assignment including word count etc then put a notes column in, with how long it will take and dealine.I’m going to create a survey/questionnaire.Hopefully this will be ok. Did you include references list?
I’m so stuck! I don’t actually know where to start 😩
Reply 9
Hello can anyone help me with this assignment.
Reply 10
Original post by Leanne2230
Thank you, I’ve created a timetable with all that needs to be included from reading the brief to submitting it and all the sections of the assignment including word count etc then put a notes column in, with how long it will take and dealine.I’m going to create a survey/questionnaire.Hopefully this will be ok. Did you include references list?

Hi, did you pass this Unit? Could you help me? I'm super stuck on this.. :frown:
Mlxo
Please could u help me with the unit 4 am stuck with what to write
Reply 13
Original post by Ruth Anokye
Please could u help me with the unit 4 am stuck with what to write

im also stuck have you completed it yet?
Reply 14
Original post by sabby15
im also stuck have you completed it yet?

Hey
did you pass this assignment as i really need help :frown:
Original post by 999tigger
You are more likely to get a reply if you explaining what it is you want and what your situation is rather than simply posting your homework. People can then decide if they wish to assist.

It seems pretty straightforward.
You can start by reading the instruction paper and then break it down into a series of tasks as a to do list.
You can then think about and decide what you need to do and how you will ho abut doing each task.

If you are just returning to education, then a copy of this book should help.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Good-Study-Guide-Andy-Northedge/dp/0749259744

Hey ! I am currently doing research for my thesis on fashion magazines and was wondering if you could fill in a quick survey for me? Would be greatly appreciated https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/KNSRHSV

Have a great weekend!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending