The Student Room Group

Does this look like 2400kcal??

Hey guys. Does this look like 2400kcal to you. I currently want to cut but notice when I switched up my diet (2 days ago) I was expecting stalls on my lifts, however, I still seem to be progressing. I'm confident I should be losing weight on 2400kcal a day. Sounds stupid when I say i'm progressing but I don't want to be gaining anymore strength by gaining weight right now. (Gotta cut the belly a little)

Breakfast:
27 g Oats + 2x small Bannanas (250ml semi-skimmed milk)

Lunch: Chicken breast, 4 roast potatoes and steamed vege

Dinner: 6 ounce steak, 4 roast potatoes and steamed vege

Snacks: 4 whey protein scoops, 200ml milk, 2 Scotch eggs (113g each - the big ones)

Total Kcal: 2400 (according to myfitnesspal)

I'm using the my fitnesspal app.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Studento
Hey guys. Does this look like 2400kcal to you. I currently want to cut but notice when I switched up my diet (2 days ago) I was expecting stalls on my lifts, however, I still seem to be progressing. I'm confident I should be losing weight on 2400kcal a day. Sounds stupid when I say i'm progressing but I don't want to be gaining anymore strength by gaining weight right now. (Gotta cut the belly a little)

Breakfast:

Snacks: 4 whey protein scoops, 200ml milk, 2 Scotch eggs (113g each - the big ones)

Probably more, around 2900kcal
If you need any help with bodybuilding/weightloss dm me.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by 321Pidar
Probably more, around 2900kcal
If you need any help with bodybuilding/weightloss dm me.

Thanks man. Tbh 2900kcal might be a good recomp number for me. I ain't exactly into bodybuilding, I'd rather have the ability to do than look like I can do, but I sure as hell do want a decent body that can lift heavy weight :wink:.

Basically I did the program SS. Got strong, but chubby too. Want to test out the possibility of gaining/losing BF% so sticking to 2400kcal - although that might be a litte low for me. Hopefully I don't get to say goodbye to my 140kg squat - took me awhile to work up to this, not impressive I know but I'm happy. Had I known what to eat earlier on, progress probably would have been treble the speed and I'd probably would weigh less :frown:
Reply 3
Thanks man. Tbh 2900kcal might be a good recomp number for me. I ain't exactly into bodybuilding, I'd rather have the ability to do than look like I can do, but I sure as hell do want a decent body that can lift heavy weight :wink:.

Basically I did the program SS. Got strong, but chubby too. Want to test out the possibility of gaining/losing BF% so sticking to 2400kcal - although that might be a litte low for me. Hopefully I don't get to say goodbye to my 140kg squat - took me awhile to work up to this, not impressive I know but I'm happy. Had I known what to eat earlier on, progress probably would have been treble the speed and I'd probably would weigh less :frown:

Damn man and I took you for a noobie :biggrin:, 140kg squat is sick. What's your stats?
Reply 4
Damn man and I took you for a noobie :biggrin:, 140kg squat is sick. What's your stats?

140kg Squat 3x5
160kg Deadlift 1x5
60kg OHP 3x5
80kg Bench 3x5

Upper Body isn't the strongest right now, but I can't gain more weight. I weight 95kg, trying to loose at least 5kg worth or at least recomp and change bf%

Breakfast:

Those snacks are going to be carrying a **** tonne of calories.

140kg Squat 3x5
160kg Deadlift 1x5
60kg OHP 3x5
80kg Bench 3x5

Upper Body isn't the strongest right now, but I can't gain more weight. I weight 95kg, trying to loose at least 5kg worth or at least recomp and change bf%

Damn and I thought my 1RM for 140kg was impressive. feelsbadman
Reply 6
Original post by Bulletzone
Those snacks are going to be carrying a **** tonne of calories.

Damn and I thought my 1RM for 140kg was impressive. feelsbadman

I weight 100kg tho.... also been doing it for a year. I'd say I the past 5 months I have actually been doing the program properly tho.
Reply 7
140kg Squat 3x5
160kg Deadlift 1x5
60kg OHP 3x5
80kg Bench 3x5

I'm like 6'3 at 98kg
DL : 180kg
Bench: 110kg for 3
OHP: 70kg for 2
Squat: 100kg 5
Reply 8
I'm like 6'3 at 98kg
DL : 180kg
Bench: 110kg for 3
OHP: 70kg for 2
Squat: 100kg 5

You got some good lifts going for yourself mate. I'd feel happier that upper body at your weight.

The squat number seems really weird tho? Especially compared to the 180kg deadlift. Fantastic OHP, deadlift and Bench tho, what was your progression like?
Reply 9
You got some good lifts going for yourself mate. I'd feel happier that upper body at your weight.

The squat number seems really weird tho? Especially compared to the 180kg deadlift. Fantastic OHP, deadlift and Bench tho, what was your progression like?

Hahaha :wink: guilty here; I skip leg day. I train legs maybe once every 3 weeks which is bad and I know. Deadlift I started with 30kg maybe a year and a half ago, started my bulk made huge amounts of progress to 60kg for 2-3 reps, then 100kg for 1RM. Was stuck at 140-160 kg for a really long time (4-5 months). Did 5x5 which really helped get the numbers up. Rack pulls really helps as well with lock out so I would suggest you do that.

I was stuck at 80kg bench for a while as well until recently hit 100 for 9-10 reps. The thing that helped the most was probably changing it up a little to doing incline dumbbell press. I could probably do 110 kg squat for 1RM maybe.
(edited 6 years ago)

Also want to bulk to 110kg which is about the perfect weight for me
Reply 11
If you don't mind me saying so and you are trying to change your BF% I would not be eating 8 roast potatoes a day - if you need 8 spuds a day I would recommend you slice them and steam them with the rest of your veggies.
Reply 12
Original post by JaseyB
If you don't mind me saying so and you are trying to change your BF% I would not be eating 8 roast potatoes a day - if you need 8 spuds a day I would recommend you slice them and steam them with the rest of your veggies.

That's a fair comment. 4 potatoes just comes 164kcal (according to myfitnesspal). Perhaps use rice as a substituite instead?
Reply 13
That's a fair comment. 4 potatoes just comes 164kcal (according to myfitnesspal). Perhaps use rice as a substituite instead?

Sure as long as you use wholemeal rice and don't fry it. By frying potatoes (ie roasting them I presume in oil) you are actually saturating them, which definately isn't good - try steaming them or boiling them - steaming is better because they retain a lot more of the nutrients where as boiling them you lose quite a lot from them.
The other thing is that they are high in carbs - so eating 8 of them is going to mean you are getting a lot of carbs into your system which in turn turns to sugars which your body will have to burn through before it starts to burn off the fat.
Perhaps cut down on them a bit and try to find different vegetables which aren't so starch or carb heavy.

Quick Reply

Latest