The Student Room Group

History EPQ ideas

I'm thinking of doing an EPQ this year and I'm struggling to come up with a topic. I would like to do a Modern(ish) History themed one but got no further than that. I would also rather do a military or political history rather than social or economic.

I had a few ideas

Latin American revolutions

WWII - U-Boats (were they the biggest threat to Britain?)

Rise or fall of British Empire

Opium wars

If anyone has any good advice or ideas they would be greatly appreciated, thanks
Original post by Mammoth Table
I'm thinking of doing an EPQ this year and I'm struggling to come up with a topic. I would like to do a Modern(ish) History themed one but got no further than that. I would also rather do a military or political history rather than social or economic.

I had a few ideas

Latin American revolutions

WWII - U-Boats (were they the biggest threat to Britain?)

Rise or fall of British Empire

Opium wars

If anyone has any good advice or ideas they would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Just read and make a lit of areas you find interesting.

I have just seen Imitation Game and Enigma (fiction). Plus the documentary station X about the
word done at Bletchley Park.

You could do a great EPQ on that or a reappraisal of Turing. there were several others in history whose contributions seem to have been phased out or gone unrecognised.

An event or person I think fits nicely into 5000 words. make sure there is scope for research, you are interested and theres an opportunity to do analysis and evaluation.
Btw the War in the Atlantic and the cracking of the cipher for the German navy was one of the major successes for Bletchley Park.

Quick Reply

Latest