The Student Room Group

Student Finance

Hi

I recently applied for student finance for the tuition loan as well as the maintenance loan. Before applying for the maintenance loan they ask you questions to check your eligibility. A particular question regarding whether I will be employed during the academic year, I answered yes. I soon realised that with my current working pattern I would not be able to handle the workload of the assignments, and would not be able to aim for the highest grade as possible for my degree. Which is why I have made the decision of leaving my employment and dedicating myself to the study.

I am now wondering would I still be able to change my answer for that specific question?
Original post by RRahman10
Hi

I recently applied for student finance for the tuition loan as well as the maintenance loan. Before applying for the maintenance loan they ask you questions to check your eligibility. A particular question regarding whether I will be employed during the academic year, I answered yes. I soon realised that with my current working pattern I would not be able to handle the workload of the assignments, and would not be able to aim for the highest grade as possible for my degree. Which is why I have made the decision of leaving my employment and dedicating myself to the study.

I am now wondering would I still be able to change my answer for that specific question?

Just contact sfe and get them to update.
You can also post on the sfe sub forum on TSR.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910
Moved to Ask STFE

Original post by 999tigger

You can also post on the sfe sub forum on TSR.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=910

No need :smile:
Hi

Hi RRahman10,

Let me ask you a few questions to help you better.

First of all are you an EU national?

Secondly how long have you been living in the UK?

Thanks Rona
Reply 4
Original post by Rona SFE
Hi RRahman10,

Let me ask you a few questions to help you better.

First of all are you an EU national?

Secondly how long have you been living in the UK?

Thanks Rona

No I’m not an EU national rather a Born British Citizen.
[QUOTE=RRahman10
;76817468]No I’m not an EU national rather a Born British Citizen.

Hi RRahman10,

There is a question in the residency section of the application, for EU nationals asking if you are working and continue to work throughout your studies, that does not apply to UK nationals.

If you have answered YES to the question that your employer will release you to attend a course, in the section asking Student Financial Questions

Payments from an employer

b1 Will your employer be releasing you to attend your course this academic year? Yes No If ‘No’ go to c

If ‘Yes’, how much will your employer pay you for time spent attending your course during this period?

Then send a letter with your customer reference number explaining the mistake.

We do not take a students earned income into account when calculating your support.

Thanks Rona
Reply 6
Hi RRahman10,

There is a question in the residency section of the application, for EU nationals asking if you are working and continue to work throughout your studies, that does not apply to UK nationals.

If you have answered YES to the question that your employer will release you to attend a course, in the section asking Student Financial Questions

Payments from an employer

b1 Will your employer be releasing you to attend your course this academic year? Yes No If ‘No’ go to c

If ‘Yes’, how much will your employer pay you for time spent attending your course during this period?

Then send a letter with your customer reference number explaining the mistake.

We do not take a students earned income into account when calculating your support.

Thanks Rona

You when there was a question, will you be employed during the academic year? I answered yes and submitted the application. I want to change that to a no.
You when there was a question, will you be employed during the academic year? I answered yes and submitted the application. I want to change that to a no.

Hi RRahman10,

If you answered the question in the EU residency section, as you are a UK national, the assessors will understand that and it will not affect your application.

If you answered it in the student financial qustions, as described previously, then send a letter explaining the mistake and we will correct the application.

Thanks Rona

Hi RRahman10,

If you answered the question in the EU residency section, as you are a UK national, the assessors will understand that and it will not affect your application.

If you answered it in the student financial qustions, as described previously, then send a letter explaining the mistake and we will correct the application.

Thanks Rona

Hi RRahman10,

If you answered it in the student financial questions, as described previously, then send a letter explaining the mistake and we will correct the application.

Thanks Rona

Hi RRahman10,

If you answered it in the student financial questions, as described previously, then send a letter explaining the mistake and we will correct the application.

Thanks Rona
Reply 10
Hi RRahman10,

Thanks Rona

So what do I hand write a letter stating the mistake and quote my reference number? And what is the return address?
So what do I hand write a letter stating the mistake and quote my reference number? And what is the return address?

Hi RRahman10,

That is correct, just send your handwritten letter to the address on your online account, which is

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks Rona
Reply 12
Hi RRahman10,

That is correct, just send your handwritten letter to the address on your online account, which is

Student Finance England
PO Box 210
Darlington
DL1 9HJ

Thanks Rona

Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.
Thank you for your help, it is much appreciated.

Hi RRahman10,

You are welcome. Just check the progress of your application online.

Regards Rona

Quick Reply