The Student Room Group

What year do I start from for past papers

This is for SNAB biology edexcel.
I have so far started 2007 ( for both SNAB and normal for both months jan and june) but then realised that I have around 48 papers till i finish 2007 and 2008.
2009 is more relevant and more specific as well as 2 papers per unit but i am not sure whether i should continue from 2007 to gain the experience of some of the older questions or start from 2009
Original post by D.SHA64
This is for SNAB biology edexcel.
I have so far started 2007 ( for both SNAB and normal for both months jan and june) but then realised that I have around 48 papers till i finish 2007 and 2008.
2009 is more relevant and more specific as well as 2 papers per unit but i am not sure whether i should continue from 2007 to gain the experience of some of the older questions or start from 2009

What does your revision plan say?

Leave the last 4 papers for the final 3-4 weeks so you are doing the most recent closer to the exams.You can then countback from there and do little but often. Work out how many questions you get through in a week. You will soon be able to gauge whats a realistic target. You may also wish to id questions by type and topic. I would o from 2009 onwards and just keep a check on how many you get through.

Its important you practice plus also use mark schemes so you learn and improve.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
What does your revision plan say?

Leave the last 4 papers for the final 3-4 weeks so you are doing the most recent closer to the exams.You can then countback from there and do little but often. Work out how many questions you get through in a week. You will soon be able to gauge whats a realistic target. You may also wish to id questions by type and topic. I would o from 2009 onwards and just keep a check on how many you get through.

Its important you practice plus also use mark schemes so you learn and improve.

great idea!
Thanks for your help :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest