The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wired_1800
Wounds heal when you give a plaster. It is slow but it heals

Funny, as it’s worked no where and the populations are exploding like a bomb
Original post by bob072
No, we need aid, but the right kind that makes a difference rather than makes us feel good about ourselves. And actually a lot of aid does the opposite, through educating on contraception.

So why are African populations going through the roof?
Someone called the BBC, British Brainwashing Corporation.

Wikipedia shows that a MAJORITY came from the Middle East.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_migrant_crisis

Stop spreading fake news

Citing Wikipedia as a source, hilarious.

Also a majority can be as small as 50%+1 as brexit shows 😂
Original post by paul514
And that’s what makes them economic migrants dummy

Come on. If you are fleeing persecution, you need to look for the next safe country and not the next country.

Original post by paul514
Funny, as it’s worked no where and the populations are exploding like a bomb

Ok

Original post by paul514
So why are African populations going through the roof?

Populations are growing around the world. Just because they are poor does not mean that they should not reproduce. Are you mad?

Original post by paul514
Citing Wikipedia as a source, hilarious.

Also a majority can be as small as 50%+1 as brexit shows 😂

I agree that wikipedia can be debated but your review the document rather than making accusations.
Reply 344
For whom? If you were fleeing persecution, you had between Tunisia and Italy, so you would go to Tunisia. Come on, be honest.

That's not the point. NGOS should take them to the nearest safe country not where they want
Original post by Stewpid
That's not the point. NGOS should take them to the nearest safe country not where they want

That is what they did. The next safe country from Libya is Italy.
I agree that wikipedia can be debated but your review the document rather than making accusations.

No, they cited an example of a safe country that is passed to go to Europe, the could have cited turkey for example but they pass it for economic reasons.

Populations can grow but they can’t double and triple in short spaces of time

477 million Africans in 1980 to 1.2 billion now and 2.5 billion in 2050.

Do you enjoy getting schooled repeatedly?
(edited 6 years ago)
That is what they did. The next safe country from Libya is Italy.

The NGO’s are a migrant taxi service picking them up a couple of miles off coast.
Original post by paul514
No, they cited an example of a safe country that is passed to go to Europe, the could have cited turkey for example but they pass it for economic reasons.

Populations can grow but they can’t double and triple in short spaces of time

477 million Africans in 1980 to 1.2 billion now and 2.5 billion in 2050.

Do you enjoy getting schooled repeatedly?

They did not cite Turkey. The safety of Turkey is debatable depending on what side of the argument you are on.

That is similar to the UK, it was about 55 million in 1980s, 67 million today and about 80 million by 2050. That is about 25 million increase.

Global population is increasing, it is not Africans resposibility to not reproduce while Europeans and others are doing the same. It is idiotic.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/populationestimates/articles/overviewoftheukpopulation/mar2017
Original post by paul514
The NGO’s are a migrant taxi service picking them up a couple of miles off coast.

Care to back that up with evidence?

From the guy who thinks the BBC and governmental organisations aren’t credible sources, but Wikipedia is ? 🤔

I want whatever you’re taking 😂
If you let people be banned from a country for "wrong" beliefs, just remember that the law is created through precedents and when the leading party becomes something you ideologically oppose, you won't have a case against them banning people you agree with from the country.

Lauren Southern's pamphlets said "Allah is a gay god", a parody of an article saying "Jesus is a gay god" which no one gave a hoot about. That is no reason to ban someone from a country, especially with such a double standard. I would prefer no one have anything done to them for mocking religions, they deserve it for the atrocities they have caused throughout history.
Original post by Davij038
From the guy who thinks the BBC and governmental organisations aren’t credible sources, but Wikipedia is ? 🤔

I want whatever you’re taking 😂

Ok
They did not cite Turkey. The safety of Turkey is debatable depending on what side of the argument you are on.

That is similar to the UK, it was about 55 million in 1980s, 67 million today and about 80 million by 2050. That is about 25 million increase.

Global population is increasing, it is not Africans resposibility to not reproduce while Europeans and others are doing the same. It is idiotic.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/populationandmigration/populationestimates/articles/overviewoftheukpopulation/mar2017

Your maths isn’t very good is it if accept your figures which I will 55 million to 80 million over 70 years isn’t bad especially when a lot of that increase comes from migrants.
Africa’s population in the same time will go up more than 500% ours doesn’t even increase 50% and like I say a lot of that is due to migration.

You make yourself look stupid before I even reply

Yea there is a tracking service for boats in the med like there is for planes in the sky you can literally watch them go to the Libyan coast to pick them up a few miles off shore, it’s a well known fact which the European Parliament is investigating
Original post by paul514

Well, that's dishonest. They're rescue ships that, among other things, seek to save lives.
Original post by Conceited
Well, that's dishonest. They're rescue ships that, among other things, seek to save lives.

Tell that to the European Parliament who say they are picking up too close to shore to meet the rules and accuse them of talking to the smugglers themselves.

And like I said you are free to look at the ship tracking online
Original post by paul514
Tell that to the European Parliament who say they are picking up too close to shore to meet the rules and accuse them of talking to the smugglers themselves.

And like I said you are free to look at the ship tracking online

Can you provide evidence to back up your claims?

Original post by paul514
Your maths isn’t very good is it if accept your figures which I will 55 million to 80 million over 70 years isn’t bad especially when a lot of that increase comes from migrants. Africa’s population in the same time will go up more than 500% ours doesn’t even increase 50% and like I say a lot of that is due to migration. You make yourself look stupid before I even reply

That is wrong. Direct immigration only accounts for 5 million people. Most of the growth has come from organic population increases of the past decades.

I know that you hate to provide evidence to back up your claims and allegations, but I suggest you have a look at the ONS document which i previously posted. You should educate yourself more.

Look, i know that you are xenophobic and have a deep hatred for others. You should focus your energy on improving your apparently worthless existence.

Migrants/refugees are not the reason for your woes. You are probably just not good at what you do or life in general, so i suggest that you focus on that, rather than these attacks on other people.
(edited 6 years ago)
Can you provide evidence to back up your claims?

That is wrong. Direct immigration only accounts for 5 million people. Most of the growth has come from organic population increases of the past decades.

I know that you hate to provide evidence to back up your claims and allegations, but I suggest you have a look at the ONS document which i previously posted. You should educate yourself more.

Look, i know that you are xenophobic and have a deep hatred for others. You should focus your energy on improving your apparently worthless existence.

Migrants/refugees are not the reason for your woes. You are probably just not good at what you do or life in general, so i suggest that you focus on that, rather than these attacks on other people.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/04/are-we-helping-desperate-migrants-or-just-people-smugglers/

Investigation by italian prosecutors and accusations by the EU boarder agency frontex - Again you are proven wrong.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/livebirths/bulletins/birthsummarytablesenglandandwales/2016

UK birth rate at 1.8 children per woman. That's less than the current population which of course needs 2 to stay the same and 28% of all births are to women born outside of the UK.

YOU ARE WRONG over and over.

Why do you keep wanting to embarrass yourself?

Also I don't have any personal woes, you may feel like I am attacking you and if you want to classify it as that then fine but it is based on what you actually say with a proper reply and based on facts. You continually emote instead of use actual facts to back your emotional opinions and now you attack me based on nothing because you are left with nothing to attack the facts i present to you.
Original post by paul514
https://www.spectator.co.uk/2017/04/are-we-helping-desperate-migrants-or-just-people-smugglers/

Investigation by italian prosecutors and accusations by the EU boarder agency frontex - Again you are proven wrong.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/livebirths/bulletins/birthsummarytablesenglandandwales/2016

UK birth rate at 1.8 children per woman. That's less than the current population which of course needs 2 to stay the same and 28% of all births are to women born outside of the UK.

YOU ARE WRONG over and over.

Why do you keep wanting to embarrass yourself?

Also I don't have any personal woes, you may feel like I am attacking you and if you want to classify it as that then fine but it is based on what you actually say with a proper reply and based on facts. You continually emote instead of use actual facts to back your emotional opinions and now you attack me based on nothing because you are left with nothing to attack the facts i present to you.

Wow, it is incredible how you have cunningly tried to divert attention to people smugglers. Before you were on about how refugees should go to the next safe country, how a majority of the people were not refugees, but migrants, then how international NGOs were helping migrants by providing a taxi service.

Yet, what you have provided was an article on people smuggling which was not even part of the main argument or debate.

Two, your article ruthlessly focuses on the West African migrant crisis which is completely different from the refugee argument and not even accounts for 10% of the total problem. Even your article confirms that.

The current birth rate as of 2015 is 1.8 children per woman, but dropped over the decades due to lifestyle changes. You should read your own article properly before copying and pasting them on here to defend your points.

Although there has been a demographic shift in the groups of women having children (from 20s to early 30s/40s), the overall number of women giving birth is on the rise. Please read the entirety of the report.

I don’t think you are attacking me. I have seen some of your posts and you are quick to have an anti-Islam or anti-migration comment.

I have used facts to present my points, which you have not rejected. When presented with a fact, you either bat it away by making another point or you try to provide a counter-argument by using my same evidence or evidence that you have not properly read.

Whatever your reasons, i think you should have a more open mind.

Latest

Trending

Trending