The Student Room Group

Student Finance for EU Student if I Firm in England and Insurance in Scotland?

As an EU fee status student, if I choose a uni in England as my firm and a uni in Scotland as my insurance, do I have to apply to student finance twice in England and Scotland (just in case I have to go to my insurance, which I think is unlikely)?

Or do I just apply to England based on the firm choice? What's the normal procedure?
Original post by TheBirder
As an EU fee status student, if I choose a uni in England as my firm and a uni in Scotland as my insurance, do I have to apply to student finance twice in England and Scotland (just in case I have to go to my insurance, which I think is unlikely)?

Or do I just apply to England based on the firm choice? What's the normal procedure?

Hi TheBirder,

Are you currently still living in the EU or are you living in the UK ?

Thanks

Louise
Reply 2
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi TheBirder,

Are you currently still living in the EU or are you living in the UK ?

Thanks

Louise

I am currently still living in the EU, yes. In Poland.

Hi TheBirder,

If you are applying for a university in England you would apply to Student Finance EU TEAM and you maybe eligible for Tuition Fee Support. If you wish to apply to a university in Scotland then you would have to apply to SAAS (Student Award Agency for Scotland) directly.

Thanks

Louise
Reply 4
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi TheBirder,

If you are applying for a university in England you would apply to Student Finance EU TEAM and you maybe eligible for Tuition Fee Support. If you wish to apply to a university in Scotland then you would have to apply to SAAS (Student Award Agency for Scotland) directly.

Thanks

Louise

I'm at the stage where I have conditional offers and will be started in the 2018/19 academic year.
So if I put down Oxford as my firm choice an St Andrews as my insurance choice, would I have to apply to both the Student Finance EU TEAM and SAAS at this stage and make two applications for student finance?
I'm at the stage where I have conditional offers and will be started in the 2018/19 academic year.
So if I put down Oxford as my firm choice an St Andrews as my insurance choice, would I have to apply to both the Student Finance EU TEAM and SAAS at this stage and make two applications for student finance?

Hi TheBirder,

You can only apply to Student Finance EU team if you will be studying in England. If you wish to study in Scotland then you would be required to make a separate application to SAAS.

Thanks

Louise

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending