English Literature Coursework help :) Watch

Ella2001
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello, I'm currently in year 12 and I'm having to pick a poetry collection and theory to study for my coursework. I'm totally clueless, if anyone has any ideas about a literally theory or poetry collection pls tell me.

The theories involve: Feminsim, Marxism, pos-colonial, narrative, literally canon and ecocritical.

But I am struggling to find the right one, pls help if you've already done this x
hope.3
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what exam board are you on?
Ella2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by maria.3)
what exam board are you on?
AQA x
hope.3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
i was on AQA for english lit a level and didn’t have to do that.

my year 12 coursework included choosing a novel and writing as to why it should be considered for the literary canon.

my year 13 one was more to do with what you’re talking about. except we had to write about two poems from Sylvia Plath’s poetry collection ‘Ariel’ and link them to a theory.

so idk if my teacher just chose that collection for us to make it easier. but that might be a good idea
Ella2001
Rep:
?
i was on AQA for english lit a level and didn’t have to do that.

my year 12 coursework included choosing a novel and writing as to why it should be considered for the literary canon.

my year 13 one was more to do with what you’re talking about. except we had to write about two poems from Sylvia Plath’s poetry collection ‘Ariel’ and link them to a theory.

so idk if my teacher just chose that collection for us to make it easier. but that might be a good idea

Oh that's so good, we have to pick a poetry collection and a text but thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely search it and look into it, thank you. So did you use the literary canon for sylvia platt?
hope.3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ella2001)
So did you use the literary canon for sylvia platt?
no. i chose a novel for the literary canon, for example people chose things like Room, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby etc

then i used Sylvia Plath for my Y13 one and related two of the poems from her collection to feminism
Ella2001
Rep:
?
no. i chose a novel for the literary canon, for example people chose things like Room, To Kill A Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby etc

then i used Sylvia Plath for my Y13 one and related two of the poems from her collection to feminism

Oh thank you this is really helpful xxxx
hope.3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ella2001)
Oh thank you this is really helpful xxxx
no worries. if you need more help, feel free to pm me
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (315)
65.76%
No (164)
34.24%

Watched Threads