The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wilder's not a polished boxer but he showed resilience to overcome a tough round and best Ortiz. I'd still back Joshua to beat him but it wouldn't be as straight forward as expected. Wilder's style is unorthodox (can tell he was a basketball player with the way he throws his hands) and that makes it intriguing when he comes up against Joshua.
I'm actually tempted to believe his excuse tbh. Imagine actually getting caught taking a PED as a boxer.
Canelo been eating steak with Fury
Saw Dan Rafael on twitter saying the Canelo GGG fight is in with a serious chance of cancellation. Can't really see how the NAC can allow the fight to go ahead knowing what everyone knows now, not to mention what would happen if god forbid anything were to happen to GGG in the ring.

GGG saying he will fight regardless. Daniel Jacobs is fighting on 28th so hopefully if Canelo is rightfully suspended, they'll scrap that fight in favour of a rematch. Not quite Canelo but next best thing, and the last fight was really good.
Original post by Fizzel
Saw Dan Rafael on twitter saying the Canelo GGG fight is in with a serious chance of cancellation. Can't really see how the NAC can allow the fight to go ahead knowing what everyone knows now, not to mention what would happen if god forbid anything were to happen to GGG in the ring.

GGG saying he will fight regardless. Daniel Jacobs is fighting on 28th so hopefully if Canelo is rightfully suspended, they'll scrap that fight in favour of a rematch. Not quite Canelo but next best thing, and the last fight was really good.

Crazy stuff. Also, full refunds are available for the fight lmao.
It's all going down. I just want a Billy Joe Saunders vs Golovkin asap....
TBH, as much I want to see GGG-Canelo, it'd be fully deserved for the latter if it was cancelled. It's all too murky for it go ahead and if Rafael is suggesting that, it could be cancelled.

Joshua-Parker this weekend, 6th round KO for big Josh.
Original post by Aky786UK
TBH, as much I want to see GGG-Canelo, it'd be fully deserved for the latter if it was cancelled. It's all too murky for it go ahead and if Rafael is suggesting that, it could be cancelled.

Joshua-Parker this weekend, 6th round KO for big Josh.

You reckon? I want Parker to win bad!
Original post by Chittesh14
You reckon? I want Parker to win bad!

Yes, Parker's record doesn't suggest he's got the experience in what will be a difficult environment for him. He'll have some success but fully expect Joshua to step up and stop him.
Yes, Parker's record doesn't suggest he's got the experience in what will be a difficult environment for him. He'll have some success but fully expect Joshua to step up and stop him.

Yeah, I know - Parker is good, but he hasn't been exposed to the same stuff AJ has been. I just want someone to beat AJ, the heavyweight division is on fire right now!!
Original post by Chittesh14
Yeah, I know - Parker is good, but he hasn't been exposed to the same stuff AJ has been. I just want someone to beat AJ, the heavyweight division is on fire right now!!
I hope AJ keeps steaming, knocks out Wilder and hopefully we can get an AJ-Fury fight. Looks like he's back in shape, and ready for another big pay day.
Original post by Fizzel
I hope AJ keeps steaming, knocks out Wilder and hopefully we can get an AJ-Fury fight. Looks like he's back in shape, and ready for another big pay day.

Lol i want him to vs Fury because that's a great match up. I don't mind him winning but I see so many flaws in him, yet he's almost unstoppable. He's a great fighter with a great trainer.
Looks like the fight is going to be put on hold. NAC's statement acknowledges a doping violation has occurred. ESPN saying a 1 year suspension, cut by 50% for cooperation and back dated to the first test date would make Canelo eligible for a fight mid sept Mexican Independence Day weekend.
What a rubbish fight. Eddie Hearn paid off the ref, AJ took advantage.
AJ came in with a strong game plan too and Parker couldn't match.
Wonder if Parker could've knocked him out if the ref wasn't such a ****.

#1 thing - Parker has a granite chin. Took those uppercuts and hooks like they were nothing.
Amir Khan : gone in 39 seconds v Lo Greco. Difficult to gauge his standing after a two year hiatus but intrigued by who he fights in September (with Ramadan finishing in June, he has time to do so) potentially Brook at the end of the year but Khan, jumping on adrenaline shut up Brook quickly after the fight!
Khan, jumping on adrenaline shut up Brook quickly after the fight!

"im chasing you!"
*quickly runs away*
I'd find Khan vs Brook very difficult to pick. In 2015/16, I'd have put my house on Brook. But he looks broken these days.
Original post by Mackay
I'd find Khan vs Brook very difficult to pick. In 2015/16, I'd have put my house on Brook. But he looks broken these days.

Based on losing to GGG and Spence (looked good against Spence until the last few rounds, which is far longer than Khan would have lasted)?

I think we need to see them both in with some better opposition before we can see where they’re at at the moment, but I’d still heavily favour Brook and it’s clear Khan doesn’t want the fight.
Wilder’s team taking the piss with their PR stunt of Wilder personally offering $50m to AJ then giving Eddie a 24 hour deadline to accept the offer (with no proof of funds or formal contract)
Fury needs to fight Bellew. Both would love the pantomime of it all.
Bellew is a good puncher. Haye is a complete idiot though, genuinely thinks he can blow out Bellew lmao.
I so want Bellew vs Fury too :biggrin:!

Latest