The Student Room Group

Dofe help with night time toilet visits

I’m doing my bronze and we have a bathroom but it’s a 10-15min walk from our tents. We have to drink a lot and I have a small bladder so ik I’m gonna need to pee in the night. But since it’s a long walk idk whether to make the walk in the dark and cold or to just pee in a bush outside? But the girl I share a tent with doesn’t want woken so I’m scared I’ll wake her getting out of the tent to take a pee and her being mad. Should I pee in a cup in the tent or something or just try to hold it?

Scroll to see replies

Hold it don’t pee it will smell
Pee in a cup and throw the cup in a bush. Keeping it in isnt a good idea
Moved to Health
You really only have three options:
1: Talk to others in the group and highlight that it is not a good idea to be so far away from the toilets, I mean what if people get sick from the cooking etc.

2: You could try and pee into a cup, if you have a good aim

3: Wear a nappy. Like Drynites pants or something, that way you could change them under your sleeping bag and put them in a bag and ditch them in the bin, in the toilet in the morning... only problem with this is.... if you get caught, I don't think it would end well for your street credit :biggrin:
Original post by Studetroom123
I’m doing my bronze and we have a bathroom but it’s a 10-15min walk from our tents. We have to drink a lot and I have a small bladder so ik I’m gonna need to pee in the night. But since it’s a long walk idk whether to make the walk in the dark and cold or to just pee in a bush outside? But the girl I share a tent with doesn’t want woken so I’m scared I’ll wake her getting out of the tent to take a pee and her being mad. Should I pee in a cup in the tent or something or just try to hold it?

Close one eye
Stare at the light for a minute
Go in to the dark
Open the closed eye
You will have night vision

It works based on science. Try it
Just go in a bush, no one will care. Take baby wipes or toilet paper with you, along with a plastic bag, then you can put them in there when you’re done

Don’t hold it in as that can cause urine infections
Please don’t try and pee in a cup, I don’t know if you are a boy or a girl but if you are a girl then TRUST ME you are massively overestimating your ability to aim. You will end up covered in pee.
Original post by drovosek

I just don’t want to pee myself in the tent
But I don’t wanna wake her up by getting outta the tent just to go to the bathroom or a bush or something
Original post by drovosek

I just dk if I’d b able to hold it for so long and I don’t wanna pee myself but I don’t wanna wake her up just to use the bathroom or bush or something incase she’s annoyed
Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx
Pee in a cup and throw the cup in a bush. Keeping it in isnt a good idea
Moved to Health

But If I will need to throw it in a bush and open the tent anyway would it not be easier to just walk to the bathroom or pee in a tent. I really don’t wanna wake her
Original post by Anonymous
You really only have three options:
1: Talk to others in the group and highlight that it is not a good idea to be so far away from the toilets, I mean what if people get sick from the cooking etc.

2: You could try and pee into a cup, if you have a good aim

3: Wear a nappy. Like Drynites pants or something, that way you could change them under your sleeping bag and put them in a bag and ditch them in the bin, in the toilet in the morning... only problem with this is.... if you get caught, I don't think it would end well for your street credit :biggrin:

Lol. True. I’d b scared of her waking up to the sound of me peeing In a cup tho
Original post by Skyewoods
Close one eye
Stare at the light for a minute
Go in to the dark
Open the closed eye
You will have night vision

It works based on science. Try it

Lol. It’s not the seeing it’s the fact it would b a long walk with a bursting bladder
Original post by del1rious
Just go in a bush, no one will care. Take baby wipes or toilet paper with you, along with a plastic bag, then you can put them in there when you’re done

Don’t hold it in as that can cause urine infections

I don’t want ppl in other tents hearing me pee in a bush outside tho coz we do have bathrooms I just dk if I could walk that far in the cold without peeing myself
Please don’t try and pee in a cup, I don’t know if you are a boy or a girl but if you are a girl then TRUST ME you are massively overestimating your ability to aim. You will end up covered in pee.

I’m girl. I’d probs try a bottle before a cup coz id need to empty the cup before it spills which would involve opening the tent anyway so in that case I may as well have peed outside which I rlly don’t wanna do

I agree, if you are a girl... I assume you are if sharing a tent with another. The only way you can pee inside the tent well would be to either use some kind of shewee system or consider option 3. Could you not speak to the girl and ask if you can sleep near the tent door?
Original post by Studetroom123

Try not to drink for about an hour before you go to bed and make sure you go pee before bed. You can still drink loads in the day.
Take a torch so if you need to pee in the night you can make the walk to the loos/ have better lighting while you piss in a bush.
If anybody complains you woke them ask if they would rather you piss in their sleeping bag.
Do not attempt to pee in a cup in the tent. That's just silly. Piss will get everywhere.

Good luck :smile:
I agree, if you are a girl... I assume you are if sharing a tent with another. The only way you can pee inside the tent well would be to either use some kind of shewee system or consider option 3. Could you not speak to the girl and ask if you can sleep near the tent door?

Our tents small so it doesn’t make a diffetence where I lie so she will get woken by the noise of me trying to get out and wouldn’t be happy if I told her I’d woke her coz I really had to pee
Original post by Kindred
Try not to drink for about an hour before you go to bed and make sure you go pee before bed. You can still drink loads in the day.
Take a torch so if you need to pee in the night you can make the walk to the loos/ have better lighting while you piss in a bush.
If anybody complains you woke them ask if they would rather you piss in their sleeping bag.
Do not attempt to pee in a cup in the tent. That's just silly. Piss will get everywhere.

Good luck :smile:

I’ve been told to drink a cup of coffee right before I go to sleep to keep us warm and I always drink before bed coz I get really thirsty at night for some reason. I just don’t wanna walk to the bathrooms when it’s so cold and dark incase I end up forgetting how to get back or just not being able to make it there in time. And I don’t eanna pee outside the tent incase other people hear me pee
I’ve been told to drink a cup of coffee right before I go to sleep to keep us warm and I always drink before bed coz I get really thirsty at night for some reason. I just don’t wanna walk to the bathrooms when it’s so cold and dark incase I end up forgetting how to get back or just not being able to make it there in time. And I don’t eanna pee outside the tent incase other people hear me pee

I very much would not suggest attempting to pee inside the tent. People are more likely to hear you and you could get piss everywhere.
Grab a torch and walk a little distance away so you can still get back easily, but nobody will hear. Pissing isn't that loud so don't worry about it all that much. :smile:
Drynites I think might be your best option... Sounds like you've ruled out everything else.. lol

Quick Reply

Latest