The Student Room Group

Ameebo'sSuccessfulReachForPrivat eSkwl

Well, well, well... this is my third and final unsuccessful attempt at GYG and I really hope I stick to it because this is the most important one.

So, who am I?

Spoiler

My targets are...

Spoiler

My personal targets are...

Spoiler

So far for tomorrow I have planned out..
Tuesday...
ICT - BORING ASF
Science - Ask Science teacher to prepare a Biology, Physics and Chemistry test for me and check the levels.
English - Assessment day
Spanish - Bring in practice test
Maths - ?

xx Ameebo

Quote of the day...
"Sometimes good things fall apart so better things fall together"
Good luck!
Okay, so far, so good. I handed in my Practice Private school exam to my Spanish teacher which I got 71% on and it is for students in the year above me. The good thing about my Spanish teacher is, she has worked at all the private schools I have picked out and she is familiar with what the tests will contain and she was telling me how I can pass the interview and stuff like that which I am super grateful for.
This week I am hoping my science teacher will be in so that I can ask him to prepare some practice year 9 science tests for me to complete over the holidays.
I am also hoping that I am able to talk to my mathematics teacher about it so that she can also prepare some tests for me and check my level and sort of guide me for what I can improve on.
I am not too sure what to ask my English teacher on as I HATE him but I think i'll read for 30 mins everyday before bed or after school and do it more and more increasing the amount of time the closer I get to my exam.
I am also planning to revise a lot on GCSE stuff for the exam so that I can complete all my revision and I know roughly what it will be on. I think I will spend most of my time focusing on science as there are three tests and Science is a subject I suffer with difficulty in. And I think I will spend a week of my holiday on Science and another week on Maths while reading a lot and memorizing spanish vocabulary.
I have started to think about making 20 vocab words per week to focus on so 4 per day while I am at school.
And I have started recording my journey on a Snapchat story which makes everything much easier as I am on my phone most of the time and it will remind me that in the end, it will all be worth it.

xx Ameebo

Quote of the day...
"Sometimes I feel like giving up, then I remember I have a lot of motherf*ckers to prove wrong"
28/29.03.18
Everything is going off for a great start, I have decided I am going to plan my week and go and get my eyebrows done tomorrow on Friday and I have received a writing assessment from my Spanish teacher to do over the holidays. Recently I have felt like a big part of being disorganised is because other things keep coming up randomly so I think it’s time to fix my planning and organisation this term. I actually spoke to my science teacher and asked him to prepare a Biology, Physics and Chemistry test for me and he said okay but I think that he will forget 😂 If he does I think I will just go to the head of science, Mr Clarke and ask him what will be in the test and ask him to prepare something for me. My science teacher, Mr West is still really good but I feel like Mr Clarke would know better.
For the English side of this, I’m not too sure about who will help me for English I think I would like to get a tutor throughout some of this as I can’t do this al by myself I’ll lose track and I need someone to help me stay on top of myself.
On the school side of things, as each day goes by I’m eager to get into these schools as I hate this current one it’s sooo sh*tty.

Xx Ameebo
Quote of the day...
“Throw sass around like confetti” 🙌🏼✨
Hi i recieved a 98% scholarship to Harrow School, what schools are you interested in?
Original post by Science99999
Hi i recieved a 98% scholarship to Harrow School, what schools are you interested in?

Hey there, do you live in Brum?
Original post by queenmeelzx
Hey there, do you live in Brum?

No but I guess you want to apply for King Edwards VII GIRLS
No but I guess you want to apply for King Edwards VII GIRLS

Yes, I do actually I’m also interested in Edgbaston High School?
Yes, I do actually I’m also interested in Edgbaston High School?

I'm sure you'll be fine, my geography teacher was educated at King Edwards VII boys (The main one). Although, you should attempt to apply to some more ambitious schools such as Wycombe Girls, Westminster or Beneden.
I'm sure you'll be fine, my geography teacher was educated at King Edwards VII boys (The main one). Although, you should attempt to apply to some more ambitious schools such as Wycombe Girls, Westminster or Beneden.

THANKYOU, ngl i am sort of worried because I have heard there is a lot of competition... 🤦🏻*♀️
THANKYOU, ngl i am sort of worried because I have heard there is a lot of competition... 🤦🏻*♀️

Competition for that one school? xD I applied to Harrow, never though i would get in, but they liked what they read about me, I exelled through the interviews, hence being shortlisted to be the top 5 candidates in the world. Then later recieving a 98% scholarship. If I can defy the odds against an internationally renowned school, then anyone can; put your heart into it- make them believe why you really want to go.
Competition for that one school? xD I applied to Harrow, never though i would get in, but they liked what they read about me, I exelled through the interviews, hence being shortlisted to be the top 5 candidates in the world. Then later recieving a 98% scholarship. If I can defy the odds against an internationally renowned school, then anyone can; put your heart into it- make them believe why you really want to go.

Thanks x What tests did you do? What did they contain? X
Thanks x What tests did you do? What did they contain? X

Initially I did 2 tests, biology and chemistry- they were relatively easy since they covered previous past papers (Hence i saw some of the questions before). In addition to this, they were the last topics covered in the specification, and wil be covered in AS. Don't worry though, if you haven't covered the specification just discuss this issue with the master/head of the subject. Luckily I had a photographic memory, hence I memorised the required knowledge before partaking the examination.

I had my examination in a classics room, with the registrar Mr P. Hunter, and myself; it was only me.

Initially, the 5 of us met in at Churchill Shephard dining hall, having a tour around the school to accustom our atmosphere. We were then discussing our first meeting locations, in front of the chapel. Proceeding towards the biology rooms, I waited for Dr Keylock where we discussed my paper, in addition to the future of the NHS. Focussing on this intereview, the main concept was my medical career and the importance of biology to society, perhaps attempting to grasp by enthusiasm for my A level choice; it was perfect Oxbridge preparation, he reminded me that his interview style was that of a typical admission tutor. This went considerably well, walking me to Peel house, where i had a grouped interview with the registrars. This was relatively easy, since I've previously developed a rapport with the registrars and we later discussed the Shaftesbury enterprise, the NHS and my current studies/experience with boarding. It was very beneficial, since the other candidate who wanted tostudy geography was asked a question about plate tectonics, he never knew. Hence, I jumped in and saved the day :smile:. This was then proceeded with a seminar with Dr Worral (Ex chemistry head) in the science schools, discussing decay and molar quantities.

During the shortlisted day we had group seminars with professors, interviews with the heads of subject, in addition to meeting the headmaster; conversing about blade runner. Following this, we had a seminar with the physics professor, Dr Hyde in the Vaughan library (rooms downstairs), we discussed the photon model and quatumn mechanics. This was then followed by lunch with the registrars ( i was particularly closer to the registrars since I had an additional day, in addition to having many academic conversation, which were absent with the other candidates). I connected well, since I was the only "British English Speaking" student there. Lunch was absolutely glorious, chicken breast, with noodles. Unforunately on saturdays, there are no deserts, but oh well.

We then returned to Peel house, where I waited for the grouped intereviw to be over. Then for our final activity, the final exam- physics.
Physics was relatively easy, finishing off the day. Although, my father was in Feltham, hence it took half an hour from him to arrive. I upon approached Peel house, where I endured such a polite and academic discussion with Dr Sie, it was very uplifting.

March 4th 2017 would always be a memorably day in my heart.
Initially I did 2 tests, biology and chemistry- they were relatively easy since they covered previous past papers (Hence i saw some of the questions before). In addition to this, they were the last topics covered in the specification, and wil be covered in AS. Don't worry though, if you haven't covered the specification just discuss this issue with the master/head of the subject. Luckily I had a photographic memory, hence I memorised the required knowledge before partaking the examination.

I had my examination in a classics room, with the registrar Mr P. Hunter, and myself; it was only me.

Initially, the 5 of us met in at Churchill Shephard dining hall, having a tour around the school to accustom our atmosphere. We were then discussing our first meeting locations, in front of the chapel. Proceeding towards the biology rooms, I waited for Dr Keylock where we discussed my paper, in addition to the future of the NHS. Focussing on this intereview, the main concept was my medical career and the importance of biology to society, perhaps attempting to grasp by enthusiasm for my A level choice; it was perfect Oxbridge preparation, he reminded me that his interview style was that of a typical admission tutor. This went considerably well, walking me to Peel house, where i had a grouped interview with the registrars. This was relatively easy, since I've previously developed a rapport with the registrars and we later discussed the Shaftesbury enterprise, the NHS and my current studies/experience with boarding. It was very beneficial, since the other candidate who wanted tostudy geography was asked a question about plate tectonics, he never knew. Hence, I jumped in and saved the day :smile:. This was then proceeded with a seminar with Dr Worral (Ex chemistry head) in the science schools, discussing decay and molar quantities.

During the shortlisted day we had group seminars with professors, interviews with the heads of subject, in addition to meeting the headmaster; conversing about blade runner. Following this, we had a seminar with the physics professor, Dr Hyde in the Vaughan library (rooms downstairs), we discussed the photon model and quatumn mechanics. This was then followed by lunch with the registrars ( i was particularly closer to the registrars since I had an additional day, in addition to having many academic conversation, which were absent with the other candidates). I connected well, since I was the only "British English Speaking" student there. Lunch was absolutely glorious, chicken breast, with noodles. Unforunately on saturdays, there are no deserts, but oh well.

We then returned to Peel house, where I waited for the grouped intereviw to be over. Then for our final activity, the final exam- physics.
Physics was relatively easy, finishing off the day. Although, my father was in Feltham, hence it took half an hour from him to arrive. I upon approached Peel house, where I endured such a polite and academic discussion with Dr Sie, it was very uplifting.

March 4th 2017 would always be a memorably day in my heart.

Honestly, it sounds AMAZING! I hope you enjoy that school! Do you know what level the test covered?
Honestly, it sounds AMAZING! I hope you enjoy that school! Do you know what level the test covered?

End of specification for GCSE/ AS
End of specification for GCSE/ AS

Thanks x
Hey,
yes, I know I haven't updated my GRG thread lately but that is because I have actually made an improvement on some of my work! I organised out my Easter holiday, every single day i'm going to play my flute for 30 mins or possibly longer because I HAVEN'T been practising AT ALL and I need to for my grade 3 which IS not good. I should probably extend the time limit to about 45 mins... smh. I have also written down that everyday I will read for 30 mins and I will drink 4 glasses of water a day (at least). I got some revision done for my private school but it was so hard. I managed to stick things into my head. I selected a GCSE level and clicked AQA and this week i'm doing science stuff and next week mathematics. I will update AS MUCH AS I CAN!! But I can't promise everyday as I am super super super busy with other things like relaxing as well as revision and school homework and things like that. So far, so good! My week is going very well, i've split my time up as fairly and evenly as I possibly can and I think that this private school thing is going to turn a corner and go very well!!
I hope if you read this you join on my journey and enjoy, tomorrow i'll upload pics of my work and what's going well.

xx Ameebo

Quote of the day:
"Organisation is a journey, not a destination! x"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending