The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

OK, thats as maybe, but its one trial of small sample, versus a cohort of studies of much larger sample size. The scientific background seems sound, but back in the day, the existance of Phlogiston and Ether was scientifically sound... If I'm wrong, I apologise for misleading you, but I'd want a few more studies before I believed that being cold causes colds. Also, this study soaked their feet in ice-cold water, you merely had a lack of clothing :p:
The Mudman
OK, thats as maybe, but its one trial of small sample, versus a cohort of studies of much larger sample size. The scientific background seems sound, but back in the day, the existance of Phlogiston and Ether was scientifically sound... If I'm wrong, I apologise for misleading you, but I'd want a few more studies before I believed that being cold causes colds. Also, this study soaked their feet in ice-cold water, you merely had a lack of clothing :p:

These arguments are problematic if you only consider 'solid' science. Obviously colds are caused by Rhinovirus mainly and also the coronavirus, influenza A virus and Respiratory Syncitial Virus. But if you are feeling cold it is a sign that your body system is not at the optimum dynamic equilibrium and your body is trying to adjust back to the norm homeostatically. If you are not at the norm your body functions less efficiently and this is a potential risk for pathogens to induce a disease.
That's if you feel cold, but the OP didn't.
Reply 23
pig is not funny.

"yes I do know that, its not like some recent discovery, noob".

harsh. your mum is nice.

I call my parents and bro/sis n00bs all the time

yay!
Reply 24
Fluent in Lies
My parents have it soo easy. I'm such an easy child, I don't smoke, do drugs, stay out late or swear. And yet the act as If I am some devil child. I just got like a 30 minute lecture after I jokingly called my mum a 'noob'. Sometimes I just wan't to tell her to 'shut the f*** up b****' and see her response.

But I don't.

Bah.

direct her to this image and remind her how good she has it.

Hope you feel better!
Reply 26
Original post by tome123
Hope you feel better!

The last post before yours was 13 years ago, so it'd be very odd if they weren't.
If my son kept repeating the word "noob", I'd pull Pulp Fiction on him, I'd slap his ass on the chair and tell him "Say n00b again! Say n00b again, I dare you I double dare you mother****er SAY N00B AGAIN!"

and then I'd do a 360 noscope at him or something idk.

Edit: Wow just realised some smartass decided to bump this post 13 year old post.
Yh my parents are boobs too
Original post by Jheinexx
Yh my parents are boobs too

Sure they say same about you, you smelly fleabag.
Original post by trfyguhbnj
Sure they say same about you, you smelly fleabag.

Have a snickers man. You’re not you when you’re hungry. You probs haven’t had one for years😢 im being serious. Alternatively, you can have a kit kat cos u totally need a break.
(edited 6 years ago)
Have a snickers man. You’re not you when you’re hungry. You probs haven’t had one for years😢 im being serious. Alternatively, you can have a kit kat cos u totally need a break.

Am vegan
Am vegan

Oh.. lettuce know earlier next time cos we dont mess with vegans. I hope you’ve bean okay.
Oh.. lettuce know earlier next time cos we dont mess with vegans. I hope you’ve bean okay.

You are an utter utter disgrace. :rofl::rofl:
You are an utter utter disgrace. :rofl::rofl:

Glad we agree on something x
Glad we agree on something x

you agree you're a smelly wench with fleas?

I agree that you’re vegan

Dude why are you so negative to people here? Your a hurt soul it aint to late for you to change tho
I agree that you’re vegan

I'm going to make a thread on here telling everyone you're a smelly wench with fleas.

Latest