The Student Room Group

WJEC GCSE Geography (9-1) C111U10-1 C111U20-1 C111U30-1 22 May/05/11 June 2018

hello! i don't know if many people are doing wjec:colondollar: but geography's one of my favourite subjects so why not make a thread on it?:tongue:
the exam consists of 3 papers- two on the spec which you'll have done in class except for one of the optional modules on each paper and a fieldwork paper.
you need to know your case studies well as well as processes (especially in physical geography) and any reports/writings for your fieldwork are good pieces of work to revise from:h:

if you need a good revision guide, i highly recommend this one:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Revision-Notes-WJEC-Geography/dp/1471887405/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1521845933&sr=8-1&keywords=wjec+gcse+geography&dpID=4174ySysNbL&preST=_SY291_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch
formatting is nicer than cgp and there's plenty of case studies for you to revise from. there's also exam questions and summary questions on lots of the pages:smile:

if you have any resources, tips or questions feel free to post them:h:

exam dates:
22nd may- geography A: physical + human landscapes
5th june- geography A: environmental + development issues
11th june- geography A: fieldwork component

(pst, are any other schools struggling to finish the course in time? there's so much content!!)
(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Our school’s really struggling to get through it, we’ve had to speed up so much!!
Original post by amyando
Our school’s really struggling to get through it, we’ve had to speed up so much!!

there's so much content it's ridiculous! we still have one big topic we haven't even started yet ugh
Reply 3
Original post by entertainmyfaith
there's so much content it's ridiculous! we still have one big topic we haven't even started yet ugh

Yea so do we :\
Reply 4
How do I get hold of the resource folder that comes with Geography past papers unit 2 section B higher tier 2017 WJEC eduqas?
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by learn233
How do I get hold of the resource folder that comes with Geography past papers unit 2 section B higher tier 2017 WJEC eduqas?

resource folder? have you checked their website?
Reply 7
Yes, I have but I can only find mark schemes, modified papers and the actual exam papers.
Yes, I have but I can only find mark schemes, modified papers and the actual exam papers.

what's the content in unit 2 section b?
Reply 9
Staff on problem solving geography such as coasts and other topics in one paper.
o
Staff on problem solving geography such as coasts and other topics in one paper.

like "so-and-so has a flooding problem. explain a defence they could use"?
Yes, do you think it I will be able to get hold of the resource folder?
Yes, do you think it I will be able to get hold of the resource folder?

the revision guide has some questions like that. no idea if you'll be able to get hold of the resource folder though, you'll have to ask your teacher.
thanks
How are you guys going about revising......so much content
Original post by Lulumontagne
How are you guys going about revising......so much content

flashcards and constantly reading my revision guide! how about you?
Same its so tedious
Same its so tedious

we'll get through it, not long to go now:rave:
Original post by entertainmyfaith
flashcards and constantly reading my revision guide! how about you?

Flashcards and mindmaps as well!!
Also wondering why is the development gap dynamic?
Original post by Lulumontagne
Flashcards and mindmaps as well!!
Also wondering why is the development gap dynamic?

can't find the term in my revision guide:s-smilie: uh i presume it's growing or changing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending