The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ironmanwilldie
Not sure who to trust, our intelligence service that has made it clear right wing terrorists are a major threat to this country or Paul on TSR.

Perhaps you should trust yourself after looking for all these right wing terrorist attacks on the internet.
Original post by paul514
Perhaps you should trust yourself after looking for all these right wing terrorist attacks on the internet.

Blatant disregard for our intelligence services only weakens your point, Paul.
Blatant disregard for our intelligence services only weakens your point, Paul.

Ah right I would have thought stats were important when rating a threat.

Silly me I’ll look out for the right wing motive next time I see a terrorist attack
Original post by paul514
Ah right I would have thought stats were important when rating a threat.

Silly me I’ll look out for the right wing motive next time I see a terrorist attack

ah right silly me I would have thought intelligence services would be more accurate with their wider access to information than Paul who uses Breitbart
Might be of some interest to yous.

http://visionofhumanity.org/reports/
ah right silly me I would have thought intelligence services would be more accurate with their wider access to information than Paul who uses Breitbart

Not that there’s anything wrong with breitbart I don’t visit the site.

But hey don’t let that stop you grinding that axe of yours.

Devolve all your responsibility to fact check to a person of authority. What could possibly go wrong.

Like I said you don’t have to believe me, believe yourself after throughly checking.
Original post by paul514
No, in terms of ANY measurement you can’t compare Islamic terrorism to right wing ‘terrorists’.

When the head of UK counter-terrorism makes the comparison and warns the public about the threat from right wing terrorists I think I'll trust his judgement more than yours. If you know better perhaps you should let him know.
The basic values of our country are under attack from extremists who plant bombs, drive vehicles into innocent bystanders, threaten democracy through attacks on politicians, preach hatred online and radicalise vulnerable people through lies and propaganda.

There is then another layer who seek to defend and make excuses, commit provocative acts like burning poppies or invading mosques and deny that there is a problem.

I'm quite happy to condemn all terrorists, whether they run people down on London Bridge or Finsbury Park. The only difference between the two groups of extremists is that at the moment the Islamists are better trained and organised, and are mostly willing to die for what they believe in.
Reply 387
Original post by Lit teacher
You're experiencing what is known as cognitive dissonance. When Britain's leading anti-terrorist police chief confirms that right-wing extremism now poses a terrorist threat comparable to Islamist attacks, and all you can say is that you don't understand, I'm an idiot and the truth is a 'joke'.
I admit it must be hard for you, but if the best defence you've got is that right-wing terrorists have been less successful than Islamists when comparing body counts that doesn't count for much. I'll leave a more detailed list of right-wing terrorist acts to the response below.

There are 23,000 Islamic terrorists in Britain, 3000 are watched on a 24/7 basis. MI5/CTU don't have the resources to effectively monitor all 23,000. Right wing terrorism is nowhere near that proportion of scale- 9 Islamic terrorist plots was stoped last year the far right aren't even a big enough concern to monitor-why? All of our resources are being used up on stopping Jihadhis attacking us. There was 4 Islamic terrorist attacks and one far right attack, if there was just one Islamic attack let's say the Westminster bridge attack it would of still killed more than all the right wing attacks in the last 5 years.

The far right is a buzzword it is sensible to oppose mass immigration and integration of people who have a death to the West belief system.
Original post by paul514
Not that there’s anything wrong with breitbart I don’t visit the site.

But hey don’t let that stop you grinding that axe of yours.

Devolve all your responsibility to fact check to a person of authority. What could possibly go wrong.

Like I said you don’t have to believe me, believe yourself after throughly checking.

You dont have access to the information that intelligence services do. They are neutral and have no reason to lie.

Why is that difficult for you to understand? Or has old age affected your critical thinking?
You dont have access to the information that intelligence services do. They are neutral and have no reason to lie.

Why is that difficult for you to understand? Or has old age affected your critical thinking?

Why is it difficult for you to understand the government or authorities can say anything they like for the motive they like.

Go look for this similar amount of terrorist attacks, after all if it’s a similar threat in any way shape or form the information will be there.

Let’s also not forget these supposed terrorist are lone wolfs the hardest to detect and stop from carrying out an attack.

I don’t know why you refuse to look for the information yourself, if you are right you can easily prove me wrong.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by paul514
Why is it difficult for you to understand the government or authorities can say anything they like for the motive they like.

You're a conspiracist idiot.

I guess they just made this up right? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43200966

The far right is a massive threat to this country. You just dont like that because you support them.
(edited 6 years ago)
You're a conspiracist idiot.

I guess they just made this up right? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43200966

The far right is a massive threat to this country. You just dont like that because you support them.

So some guy hated gays so much he wanted to kill them and some other guy accused of wanting to kill an MP.

So exactly how does this mean they are right wing terrorists from the info you have provided? Where’s the unifying ideology from the conservatives all the way through the spectrum to the BNP?

The first one could just hate gays the second one isn’t even convicted and gives no motive.

Even if it were true where the evidence to say the threat is comparable? The article mentions 250% more Islamic attacks stopped in the same time period never mind the ones actually carried out.

It’s also for one year not even say a decade.

I don’t support the ‘far right’ you just like to portray me as such as if it’s going to shut me down, it won’t and the far right has very little support hence their lack of membership and electoral success.

Real evidence please that is incontrovertible and over a sustained period of time please 😁
Original post by paul514

Real evidence please that is incontrovertible and over a sustained period of time please 😁

"For the first time we have a home-grown proscribed white supremacist, neo-Nazi terror group, which seeks to plan attacks and build international networks."

"Last year, the security service MI5 joined the fight against the right-wing terrorist threat.
There are currently more than 600 live investigations and more than 3,000 people of interest at any one time."

The threat is real no matter how you try to underplay it Paul. Maybe try actually reading it instead of "some guy hates gays". In fact the way you simplify it only makes you look like a moron.

Evidence is there. The Far Right is a threat. You can deny it as much as you want.
@paul514

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/the-word-extremist-has-lost-all-meaning/

I think you’ll enjoy this article

To idiots like the above poster: being racist ot committing wrong-think is a worse crime or at least as equally to blowing up kids
I never liked the UK. I left 4 years ago and didn't regret it once.
"For the first time we have a home-grown proscribed white supremacist, neo-Nazi terror group, which seeks to plan attacks and build international networks."

"Last year, the security service MI5 joined the fight against the right-wing terrorist threat.
There are currently more than 600 live investigations and more than 3,000 people of interest at any one time."

The threat is real no matter how you try to underplay it Paul. Maybe try actually reading it instead of "some guy hates gays". In fact the way you simplify it only makes you look like a moron.

Evidence is there. The Far Right is a threat. You can deny it as much as you want.

I scanned it for the individual incidents.

What I said in the last post needs answering.

Also there can be 600 live investigations but what is the threshold for triggering such investigations?

You’re other post I won’t bother replying to it as you didn’t make any point and just went on a personal attack which just made you look stupid.
They are neutral and have no reason to lie.

Ha ha ha....Sure.
Original post by paul514
I scanned it for the individual incidents.

What I said in the last post needs answering.

Also there can be 600 live investigations but what is the threshold for triggering such investigations?

You’re other post I won’t bother replying to it as you didn’t make any point and just went on a personal attack which just made you look stupid.

This is not even a rebuttal. Its okay, no need to apologise for wasting my time. The far right is a threat and you've conceded.
Original post by Davij038
@paul514

https://www.spectator.co.uk/2018/03/the-word-extremist-has-lost-all-meaning/

I think you’ll enjoy this article

To idiots like the above poster: being racist ot committing wrong-think is a worse crime or at least as equally to blowing up kids

I did enjoy it 😁

I don’t agree with everything he said but most of it for sure.
This is not even a rebuttal. Its okay, no need to apologise for wasting my time. The far right is a threat and you've conceded.

Actually I just asked more questions of the information you put forward, I haven’t conceded anything you have simply refused to respond to the points I made in the last two posts.

It’s also funny you mention apologising after the post you made 10 minutes ago to me 😂

Latest

Trending

Trending