The Student Room Group

is psychology a good a level to take?

is psychology a good a level?
Probably not.

What do you want to do at uni?
Its sounds good iam taking it as an a level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Better to take maths, chem and bio if you wanted to do psychology at a good uni.
I'm doing Psychology Sociology and English Literature, I've got As at AS in all 3 and I've got Uni offers from Wawrick and York so far, it's worth doing it's hard but psychology is now regarded as a science and is accepted, so yeah it's worth doing, the first time round I did biology and it's so hard yet won't really make a difference doing that instead of psychology, do psychology it's more enjoyable and a lot less pressure
Original post by SamBreeden
I'm doing Psychology Sociology and English Literature, I've got As at AS in all 3 and I've got Uni offers from Wawrick and York so far, it's worth doing it's hard but psychology is now regarded as a science and is accepted, so yeah it's worth doing, the first time round I did biology and it's so hard yet won't really make a difference doing that instead of psychology, do psychology it's more enjoyable and a lot less pressure

I will be taking A Level Psychology next Sept, too. Don't you think the aspect of memorizing the psychologists and studies is quite difficult? I'm taking GCSE Psych now, and I would definitely say that is one of the harder aspects to the subjects.
I've applied to do Psychology next year at University and have received 5 offers doing Psychology, Home Economics and History at A-Level, with my offers including Reading, Leicester and East Anglia. Psychology is an excellent subject to do and does not hinder your options at all. In terms of the actual subject at A-Level, it's not difficult if you're interested. You don't have to remember specific names in the exams and is very interesting to learn
Original post by missmathersxx
I've applied to do Psychology next year at University and have received 5 offers doing Psychology, Home Economics and History at A-Level, with my offers including Reading, Leicester and East Anglia. Psychology is an excellent subject to do and does not hinder your options at all. In terms of the actual subject at A-Level, it's not difficult if you're interested. You don't have to remember specific names in the exams and is very interesting to learn

You do have to remember specific names!!
Original post by Aimee_101
You do have to remember specific names!!

I’m currently taking A2 psychology AQA and there are literally 7 names to remember. All the others are optional and won’t improve your grade if you include them as long as you can outline the basic study.
Original post by poppyjayne
I’m currently taking A2 psychology AQA and there are literally 7 names to remember. All the others are optional and won’t improve your grade if you include them as long as you can outline the basic study.

I'm taking psychology and we are tolled we need to state their second name e.g. Milligrams study of obedience. Maybe it's not entirely crucial but that's what we're recommended to do to demonstrate we have thorough knowledge and to show clearly the study we are giving is a real, relevant study.
Stanley Milgram, legend.
Hi,
I'm currently in my first year of A level psychology I'm doing the ocr exam board. I absolutely love psychology, I enjoy it so much I just find it all so intresting. Yes there's a lot to remember but it's also a really great subject. I want to do it at uni as well :smile:
Original post by Aimee_101
I'm taking psychology and we are tolled we need to state their second name e.g. Milligrams study of obedience. Maybe it's not entirely crucial but that's what we're recommended to do to demonstrate we have thorough knowledge and to show clearly the study we are giving is a real, relevant study.

Milgram is one of the names we HAVE to know aswell like Asch, Strange, HM, KF, Zimbardo, Bowlby etc etc . But most case studies we are taught for evaluation which use names such as ‘Court-Brown’ we don’t actually have to know as it only shows extra knowledge and it won’t gain marks. Probs different for different specs though
Original post by poppyjayne
Milgram is one of the names we HAVE to know aswell like Asch, Strange, HM, KF, Zimbardo, Bowlby etc etc . But most case studies we are taught for evaluation which use names such as ‘Court-Brown’ we don’t actually have to know as it only shows extra knowledge and it won’t gain marks. Probs different for different specs though

Oh okay i see, that's good to know

Quick Reply

Latest