The Student Room Group

BPTC 2018 intake

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LawGrad1
Thanks for that, I had a quick look - they seem to be from out of London. I wonder if there is a delay with the London ones. Very frustrating as it's a long bank holiday weekend and the deadline is looming.

I got my scholarships from Manchester on Tuesday - one being the advocacy award (they are organised by someone in London not by region - apparently). Everyone who got one that I know of was told by Thursday and when I was at the regional award interview, they said all scholarships would be awarded by Thursday. I believe the advocacy and excellence awards go to the top 10 students per scholarship across the country. So it doesn’t necessarily mean anyone from London will have been awarded one. It’s only the regional awards that are specific to location. I could be wrong though - but that’s what another student told me. It might be worth emailing and asking. Hopefully you’ve got something and it’s just a late email! Good luck! ☺️
Original post by Katherinelou23
I got my scholarships from Manchester on Tuesday - one being the advocacy award (they are organised by someone in London not by region - apparently). Everyone who got one that I know of was told by Thursday and when I was at the regional award interview, they said all scholarships would be awarded by Thursday. I believe the advocacy and excellence awards go to the top 10 students per scholarship across the country. So it doesn’t necessarily mean anyone from London will have been awarded one. It’s only the regional awards that are specific to location. I could be wrong though - but that’s what another student told me. It might be worth emailing and asking. Hopefully you’ve got something and it’s just a late email! Good luck! ☺️

Thanks for that, I had a quick look - they seem to be from out of London. I wonder if there is a delay with the London ones. Very frustrating as it's a long bank holiday weekend and the deadline is looming.

If you have LinkedIn, and search BPP scholarship you’ll seen some London students have been awarded them. Still email, but it looks like they might’ve been awarded! Really sorry!
If you have LinkedIn, and search BPP scholarship you’ll seen some London students have been awarded them. Still email, but it looks like they might’ve been awarded! Really sorry!

Thank you for that, that's ok! I would rather have gotten a rejection email than not hearing anything.

And also congratulations! Nothing's easy when you're aspiring to be a barrister
And also congratulations! Nothing's easy when you're aspiring to be a barrister

I’m surprised they didn’t send emails to everyone! Thank you! This whole process is stressful - the hardest part so far is paying for the course, the fees are just ridiculous!
I got my BPP scholarship on 29th. I think they said that we’d know by 30th.
Accepted my offer for the University of Law Leeds recently. Anyone else here going there?
Do you think there is any difference between BPP Bristol and UWE for BPTC?
Reply 88
City law school, UOL London or BPP London?
Reply 89
Original post by HelenaSorrows
Accepted my offer for the University of Law Leeds recently. Anyone else here going there?

I am!
I thought I would join the hype on this thread. I have accepted my place at BPP in Birmingham and am wanting more information about the study times/timetable of the students, anyone have any ideas? Congrats to all with offers
Original post by _Bethany_
I thought I would join the hype on this thread. I have accepted my place at BPP in Birmingham and am wanting more information about the study times/timetable of the students, anyone have any ideas? Congrats to all with offers

Congrats on your place! I am going to BPP but in Manchester! They’ve said a typical week is 3 half days, and that everyone has Friday off! According to friends, the times are usually 9-1 or 1-5.
Congrats on your place! I am going to BPP but in Manchester! They’ve said a typical week is 3 half days, and that everyone has Friday off! According to friends, the times are usually 9-1 or 1-5.

Thank you for your reply! Hope you are looking forward to it? I only have friends at Uni of Law so was not sure what BPP's timetable looked like. If it can work out as 3.5 days this would be ideal as I am planning on working part time during the course. Do you happen to know if we get to choose AM or PM times? Or is it full days? Again as I know uni of law lets you choose

Thank you!
Original post by _Bethany_
Thank you for your reply! Hope you are looking forward to it? I only have friends at Uni of Law so was not sure what BPP's timetable looked like. If it can work out as 3.5 days this would be ideal as I am planning on working part time during the course. Do you happen to know if we get to choose AM or PM times? Or is it full days? Again as I know uni of law lets you choose

Thank you!

Yeah I can’t wait, but it overlaps by two weeks with my LLM dissertation! Hope you are! Ermm I think it’s usually 3 days at BPP - so hopefully works out well. I am working around the course to so I know how you feel wanting to know the timetable. Not sure if you get to pick your times, I don’t think you do. At BPP I think you get put with a group of 6-10, which is like your ‘Chambers’ for the 9 months. So you have to do whatever times your whole grouo does. Apparently it’s either 9-1 or 1-5! I have been told they just try and give people a mix of both wherever possible.
Any thoughts in choosing between BPP and City Law School?
Reply 95
anyone for BPP Manchester?
Yeah I can’t wait, but it overlaps by two weeks with my LLM dissertation! Hope you are! Ermm I think it’s usually 3 days at BPP - so hopefully works out well. I am working around the course to so I know how you feel wanting to know the timetable. Not sure if you get to pick your times, I don’t think you do. At BPP I think you get put with a group of 6-10, which is like your ‘Chambers’ for the 9 months. So you have to do whatever times your whole grouo does. Apparently it’s either 9-1 or 1-5! I have been told they just try and give people a mix of both wherever possible.

Thanks for this! Sounds good to me, the course leader has emailed me saying that it will be approx 3 days which is good as this allows for me to still work part time. Good luck with your LLM diss!
Unsure between UoL or BPP Birmingham? Any suggestion ?
Reply 98
Original post by Pupcake
I got offers from my top 2 choices! MMU and UoL Leeds. Thinking of going to Manchester because it's closer.

Hey, did you decide to go for MMU for the BPTC?!
Reply 99
Hi all, any advice for immediate paid summer work to help meet the first payment instalment deadline (£3000) on 13th July for BPTC LLM students? Student loan doesn't arrive till September

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending