The Student Room Group

GCSE History 2018 Grade Boundaries

Hello,
As a Year 11 student doing the new History 9-1 course I am very weary of the potential grade boundaries.
I feel like my school has set them too high, for example, I got 50/52 for Paper 1 and 60/64 for Paper 2 and they told me that would be a 8. However, I am aiming for a 9 and was wondering if I do need to improve more to try and get it.
I know mock grades don't really matter but it has been on my mind for the past month.
Any predictions would be appreciated.
Original post by halimadoski
Hello,
As a Year 11 student doing the new History 9-1 course I am very weary of the potential grade boundaries.
I feel like my school has set them too high, for example, I got 50/52 for Paper 1 and 60/64 for Paper 2 and they told me that would be a 8. However, I am aiming for a 9 and was wondering if I do need to improve more to try and get it.
I know mock grades don't really matter but it has been on my mind for the past month.
Any predictions would be appreciated.

What would be the point of an anonymous random predicting grades on a paper they havent seen?
Stop wasting energy and just do your best. You cna fret about grade boundaries after.
Lol halima i can't believe i ****ing found ur ass
I'm laughing why u speaking so formally fam ur not emailing a teacher
Nobody knows
Bruh chillax fam a 9 isn't gonna be that high it'll probably be 90% cuz we've got way more content and no coursework
Original post by bryan drozario
Lol halima i can't believe i ****ing found ur ass

Why are you procrastinating on here and why is your name Bryan D'Rozario????
Original post by halimadoski
Why are you procrastinating on here and why is your name Bryan D'Rozario????

smfh i wasnt procrastinating i was trying to find grade boundary predictions and the name is cuz its never taken lmao like all my accounts for everything r bryan drozario
Really? Wow..
The teacher in my old school said that in History the grade boundaries are REALLY HIGH because the stupid government takes History for granted and believes that History is the easiest. So he told us that 95+% is a 9. And you were literally 0.17% away from that. Oof.
Don't worry though- first of all, in the real exam the grade boundaries are much lower. In fact, a friend of mine said the REAL grade boundary for 9 is 70%. I don't know if it's a mistake or not, but it's on the AQA website. Now COME ON. In rl a 90% should be more than enough to get a 9. Also, you need to take account of the fact that 1. you're amazing and you will only continue improving from now on 2. in real life you'd either be awarded a 8+ or they would round it up to 95% == just 9. So you're good.
Reply 9
The grade boundaries were every high last year, for me 92% was an A* and 84% an A
It depended on the option, but if you look at last year's AQA boundaries you'll find that the grade 9 threshold was as high as 90%.

One issue regarding History is that the marking can be fairly subjective, especially on the extended writing questions. I think those could be the reasons why your teachers are sticking quite close to a 90/80/70 threshold pattern for 9/8/7.

At the end of the day, though, please don't spend your lives trying to secong guess the examiners and the boards' statisticians. All you can control is the work you put in between now and the exams, as well as your effort in the exam room itself.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending