The Student Room Group

English lit

I'm really struggling to revise for Literature (AQA)
I'm doing Macbeth, A Christmas Carol, Inspector Calls and Power and Conflict Poetry.
I don't know what to learn, like themes quotes I'm just confused.
Anyone help??
Reply 1
i'm doing an inspector calls, and i would suggest revising quotations for all the characters as well as social class, responsibility, gender, old vs young, and the importance of time. also, a lot of the themes overlap so if you revise those you should be good for the exam! if you need any more help feel free to message me
Original post by deanoru
i'm doing an inspector calls, and i would suggest revising quotations for all the characters as well as social class, responsibility, gender, old vs young, and the importance of time. also, a lot of the themes overlap so if you revise those you should be good for the exam! if you need any more help feel free to message me

Help me!!!
Original post by mistakess
I'm doing Macbeth, A Christmas Carol, Inspector Calls and Power and Conflict Poetry.
Anyone help??

Girl...English Lit is disgusting, deceitful, and animalistic!!! I hate it..I got a 5 in my recent year 11 mock aaa!!! I am doing everyhting you are except a christmas carol..instead I am doing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde!!!
Reply 4
Original post by HettiBetti
Girl...English Lit is disgusting, deceitful, and animalistic!!! I hate it..I got a 5 in my recent year 11 mock aaa!!! I am doing everyhting you are except a christmas carol..instead I am doing Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde!!!

TRUST MEE, I hate itttt I got a 4 :/ and I defo need to improve that
Reply 5
Identify key themes within each of the texts and then find quotes to match each theme. 4/5 for every key theme should be enough. Make a comment on each quote regarding how they link to the theme and mentioning a contextual factor if you can.

For poetry, make a flashcard for each poem with a comment about the use of language (2/3 quotes you can analyse) form (wrote in quatrains, blank verse, ABBA rhyme scheme) and structure (use of punctuation etc.)

Hope this helps.
TRUST MEE, I hate itttt I got a 4 :/ and I defo need to improve that

Oh we both need help..Girl!!
Reply 7
Original post by HT2412
Identify key themes within each of the texts and then find quotes to match each theme. 4/5 for every key theme should be enough. Make a comment on each quote regarding how they link to the theme and mentioning a contextual factor if you can.

For poetry, make a flashcard for each poem with a comment about the use of language (2/3 quotes you can analyse) form (wrote in quatrains, blank verse, ABBA rhyme scheme) and structure (use of punctuation etc.)

Hope this helps.

Thank you, I will defo try. I need all the help I can get.
I got an 8 & 7 in my mocks for Macbeth & Conflict Poetry / Never Let Me Go & War Of the Worlds respectively without reading the books, and to be honest the key is to look up some quotes, remember the vague idea of them and then go in and BS to your hearts content. Make sure to focus on close language analysis of individual words and their effects and try to learn what the questions are asking for. Your quotes don't need to be exact because the likelihood that an examiner will know the texts well enough to not give the quote are extremely low so just remember the idea of some quotes and then you can also twist the exact words for what would work best with your analysis.
Original post by Zahra_2001
I'm attaching you some quotation banks for Macbeth, an inspector calls and power and conflict (made by my teachers) I don't have a Christmas carol one cuz I do Jekyll and Hyde instead. just learn all the quotes in those banks maybe some extra stuff I think r useful also watch Mr bruff on YouTube he's so good.
plus use petal structure foe your answers
P point
E evidence
T technique
A analysis
L link (context etc.)
hope this helps

Anyone help??

Anyone help??

I'm attaching you some quotation banks for Macbeth, an inspector calls and power and conflict (made by my teachers) I don't have a Christmas carol one cuz I do Jekyll and Hyde instead. just learn all the quotes in those banks maybe some extra stuff I think r useful also watch Mr bruff on YouTube he's so good.
plus use petal structure for your answers
P point
E evidence
T technique
A analysis
L link (context etc.)
hope this helps
EDIT: I'm trying to attach them but don't know how
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest