The Student Room Group

Dyson institute

Has anyone applied to the dyson institute of tech , and if so has anyone heard back from them yet

Scroll to see replies

Oh yes! No one else seems to have on here but applied ages ago. I have done an aptitude test but no reply on how that went so far. What point are you at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by wholockonmars
Oh yes! No one else seems to have on here but applied ages ago. I have done an aptitude test but no reply on how that went so far. What point are you at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same I applied ages ago too , but all I heard back from them was that they have received my application and would get back to me in the new year that's about it.
If it helps I literally just did the aptitude test. I have a feeling they're doing it like unis do so they must still be considering you if they haven't said anything. I'm sure they'll get back to you soon.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
@wholockonmars @Snxoxo

I posted about the Dyson Institute when it was first launched:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4397726#primary_content

So I'm interested to know how you are finding the application process, and if you also applied to "conventional" courses at other universities? And/or other Higher Level or Degree Apprenticeships?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by jneill
@wholockonmars @Snxoxo

I posted about the Dyson Institute when it was first launched:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4397726#primary_content

So I'm interested to know how you are finding the application process, and if you also applied to "conventional" courses at other universities? And/or other Higher Level or Degree Apprenticeships?

Ohhhh so you did a recently?
And that may be the case but i was wondering how many people would have applied and things like that.
I applied for jaguar Land Rover and they called me to a work experience which I didn't attend but they have also offered me the degree apprenticeship which I won't be taking up because it is six years. Other than that I have applied to unis through UCAS as normal and got offers from the three that have got back to me and just waiting for the rest.

What about you
Reply 6
Original post by Snxoxo
Ohhhh so you did a recently?
And that may be the case but i was wondering how many people would have applied and things like that.
I applied for jaguar Land Rover and they called me to a work experience which I didn't attend but they have also offered me the degree apprenticeship which I won't be taking up because it is six years. Other than that I have applied to unis through UCAS as normal and got offers from the three that have got back to me and just waiting for the rest.

What about you

No, no. I'm merely a helper on TSR (and a parent :smile: ) with an interest in engineering.

Why didn't you follow-up the degree apprenticehip at JLR? Especially if it's a guaranteed job for 6 years, with a degree for free.
Hi, so whats the latest with everyone's applications at Dyson.

I sent my form about a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone been accepted yet.

Seems like they are taking their time which is annoying as I have to let my other unis know and sort out accommodation.

Also whats the aptitude test like?
Original post by halzunicorn
Hi, so whats the latest with everyone's applications at Dyson.

I sent my form about a week ago and haven't heard anything yet. Has anyone been accepted yet.

Seems like they are taking their time which is annoying as I have to let my other unis know and sort out accommodation.

Also whats the aptitude test like?

I have been through the whole process and was rejected. But hey ho we move on. The aptitude test should be okay if you are good at maths, it will push you near the end questions but don't panic if you can't answer everything! They may have already filled quite a few spaces as they've already had one wave of applicants but I'm sure they will be in contact with you soon. All the best of luck!
I have been through the whole process and was rejected. But hey ho we move on. The aptitude test should be okay if you are good at maths, it will push you near the end questions but don't panic if you can't answer everything! They may have already filled quite a few spaces as they've already had one wave of applicants but I'm sure they will be in contact with you soon. All the best of luck!

Aw that's a shame to hear. Did they give a reason why.

So what will you be doing next i.e. which uni or apprenticeship after your a-levels.
Aw that's a shame to hear. Did they give a reason why.

So what will you be doing next i.e. which uni or apprenticeship after your a-levels.

They called up to give feedback which was really useful. Jist of it was I wasn't very confident (hardships of being an introvert), if you do get to interview don't be scared, like me! Hopefully, I will be going to Bath this September.
They called up to give feedback which was really useful. Jist of it was I wasn't very confident (hardships of being an introvert), if you do get to interview don't be scared, like me! Hopefully, I will be going to Bath this September.

Hi,

I have received an invitation for the telephone interview on Thursday. Do you have any advice, and what kind of questions did they ask.

They said they will ask about a problem I have solved. What did you answer for this.

Thanks
Hi,

I have received an invitation for the telephone interview on Thursday. Do you have any advice, and what kind of questions did they ask.

They said they will ask about a problem I have solved. What did you answer for this.

Thanks

Sorry I missed this! How did it go?
Sorry I missed this! How did it go?

It went very well thanks.

I've got my interview at Dyson HQ tomorrow! eeek
It went very well thanks.

I've got my interview at Dyson HQ tomorrow! eeek

I'd love to know how this went, can I PM you? Did you get a job there? any tips or hints?
Anyone had a telephone interview yet?
Original post by Mozzamanpapi
Anyone had a telephone interview yet?

I've not back anything and I applied in early November, not even the online exam. What about you
Original post by GeorgeBear
I've not back anything and I applied in early November, not even the online exam. What about you

I did the online assessment last week. I assume you will find out soon from them. I applied in October time
Original post by Mozzamanpapi
I did the online assessment last week. I assume you will find out soon from them. I applied in October time

Damn. What subjects do you take? Predicted grades? Etc?
Original post by GeorgeBear
Damn. What subjects do you take? Predicted grades? Etc?

I'm on my gap year. I got A*AA D* in Maths, F.Maths, Physics and BTEC IT. Also A* EPQ. Yourself?

Quick Reply