The Student Room Group

What projects have you coded? (CS)

Have you built a cool project using java or python or any other language? If yes, what types?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by susu66s
Have you built a cool project using java or python or any other language? If yes, what types?

i wouldnt call them cool one but ive writtencodes in python and visual basic but they were done as tasks so i wouldnt call them cool
Original post by Robert_Gray
i wouldnt call them cool one but ive writtencodes in python and visual basic but they were done as tasks so i wouldnt call them cool

Would u ever want to create like a project with python
Original post by susu66s
Would u ever want to create like a project with python

Yes but dependent on what the project was. it has been abit of time since i have used it but i remember most of it
Yes but dependent on what the project was. it has been abit of time since i have used it but i remember most of it

that’s cool and same.
Original post by susu66s
that’s cool and same.

Was you taught by someone or did you self learn???
Was you taught by someone or did you self learn???

I take ap cs so I’m learning JavaScript through there and I learned python through this book (still working on it tho) “automate the boring stuff” 10/10 recommend.
Original post by susu66s
I take ap cs so I’m learning JavaScript through there and I learned python through this book (still working on it tho) “automate the boring stuff” 10/10 recommend.

i learnt some baisic python from my gcse teacher then i tought myself more (planning on getting the course on udemy aas its on sale rn) and i self taught myself everything ive done on visual basic so far
i learnt some baisic python from my gcse teacher then i tought myself more (planning on getting the course on udemy aas its on sale rn) and i self taught myself everything ive done on visual basic so far

You’re in year 11 too? Yeah python is fun I haven’t mastered it bc I was learning JavaScript but I want to start using Python more.
Original post by susu66s
You’re in year 11 too? Yeah python is fun I haven’t mastered it bc I was learning JavaScript but I want to start using Python more.

no im now in year 12. i last used python in year 10/11 for gcse coursework
no im now in year 12. i last used python in year 10/11 for gcse coursework

Ohh I’m in year 11 going to 12 haha
Original post by susu66s
Ohh I’m in year 11 going to 12 haha

have fun with the GCSE's i only gotta redo my english. i hated them
have fun with the GCSE's i only gotta redo my english. i hated them

Lmao I don’t take the GCE’s because I don’t live in England , I take the SAT but I guess it’s equally as stressful .
I study Natural Sciences at Durham University. I did an internship that mainly featured Programming although the supervisor didn't help me with the Programming rather with understanding the project topic. However, I did do a Programming module in my 1st year but I had to relearn the Programming and then also learn new Programming skills to do the Programming for the project.

I did the project in the Theoretical Particle Physics department in the Maths department. The idea of the project is that particles actually take infinitely many paths to go from A to B rather than just one path as you'd expect in the everyday world and the project explored how much each path contributed to the probability of the particle going from A to B as you go from smaller scales to larger scales essentially where you'd expect the contributions to be dominated by one path.

Here is a short video showing what was produced in the case of a free particle the everyday case being travelling at constant velocity which would be a diagonal path on the diagram showing as the velocity is the gradient and that is constant.
I guess C# is my main language, but I haven't done a personal project in ages!

I just went back to look at the last couple of personal mini-projects I wrote a few years ago, which were console window games - Snake and Space Invaders.

I sort of wish I hadn't looked at those now because the code is a bit embarassing to look at now. I guess that's how most people feel when they go back to look at code they'd written after several years of learning how to do things in a better way :tongue:

I like Python, I haven't done anything interesting with it though. Maybe one day I'll rewrite my snake in python :biggrin:
Original post by Dalek1099
I study Natural Sciences at Durham University. I did an internship that mainly featured Programming although the supervisor didn't help me with the Programming rather with understanding the project topic. However, I did do a Programming module in my 1st year but I had to relearn the Programming and then also learn new Programming skills to do the Programming for the project.

I did the project in the Theoretical Particle Physics department in the Maths department. The idea of the project is that particles actually take infinitely many paths to go from A to B rather than just one path as you'd expect in the everyday world and the project explored how much each path contributed to the probability of the particle going from A to B as you go from smaller scales to larger scales essentially where you'd expect the contributions to be dominated by one path.

Here is a short video showing what was produced in the case of a free particle the everyday case being travelling at constant velocity which would be a diagonal path on the diagram showing as the velocity is the gradient and that is constant.

Woah this is amazing I love your video!
Original post by winterscoming
I guess C# is my main language, but I haven't done a personal project in ages!

I just went back to look at the last couple of personal mini-projects I wrote a few years ago, which were console window games - Snake and Space Invaders.

I sort of wish I hadn't looked at those now because the code is a bit embarassing to look at now. I guess that's how most people feel when they go back to look at code they'd written after several years of learning how to do things in a better way :tongue:

I like Python, I haven't done anything interesting with it though. Maybe one day I'll rewrite my snake in python :biggrin:

Yup python is pretty fun and that’s cool, haha I made these tiny clicker apps for School so I know what you mean. :smile:
Aside from all my work based projects, the latest personal project is tuning a machine learning algorithm for a CNN using a grid search. Using Python of course.
Original post by jestersnow
Aside from all my work based projects, the latest personal project is tuning a machine learning algorithm for a CNN using a grid search. Using Python of course.

Oooh that’s cool I think my brother did something like that for Wikipedia
I don’t do much programming this year but I mainly stick with Python and my idea of projects is just producing useful scripts for automating my workflow.

One example was creating a task which was based around evaluating apps. I needed a CSV file to load into a Python library to make a seaborn chart.

I wrote a Python script which created a text file, asked the user for a file name and then used a for loop to add however many column names and rows, it wrote each row to the text file and performed a market size calculation. Saved me about 10 hours worth of work and made life easier when writing the essay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending