The Student Room Group
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh

Salisbury Court Accommodation

Hey everyone,

Thought I would start a thread for anyone applying or thinking of applying for a room in Salisbury Court.
I've applied for it as my first choice:smile:

I was wondering if it will be difficult to get into this year, as it's so modern and not too far from George Square?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by abbie24ab
Hey everyone,

Thought I would start a thread for anyone applying or thinking of applying for a room in Salisbury Court.

I was wondering if it will be difficult to get into this year, as it's so modern and not too far from George Square?

I doubt it'll be difficult seeing it's one of the more expensive student halls (and also because it's not Pollock :tongue:)
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 2
Original post by Blue_Cow
I doubt it'll be difficult seeing it's one of the more expensive student halls (and also because it's not Pollock :tongue:)

Ahh right ok, that's good- thanks!
Does anyone know about the twin rooms; on the website it says that they are twin "studios" and I'm unsure if this means they are part of the communal kitchen or are seperate?
Original post by Qmwnebrv
Does anyone know about the twin rooms; on the website it says that they are twin "studios" and I'm unsure if this means they are part of the communal kitchen or are seperate?

I think it means it's a studio room but has two beds/is shared between two people.
Reply 5
Hey everyone,

Hey - I am firming Edinburgh for psychology 2018, and thinking of applying for Salisbury Court.... Does anyone know if it is purely for undergrads or is it also open for postgrads?
Reply 6
Original post by Qmwnebrv

from the pictures I've seen, the studio rooms have their own kitchenette - but this may only apply to a few of them...
Original post by m.a.j.e
Hey - I am firming Edinburgh for psychology 2018, and thinking of applying for Salisbury Court.... Does anyone know if it is purely for undergrads or is it also open for postgrads?

Salisbury is just for undergrads, I applied to it for 2018 entry (:
Not applied yet, but definitely considering applying for accommodation and if I do Salisbury Court will be my first choice :smile: Accepted an unconditional for Law so will be starting in Edinburgh this September 😊
Hey everyone,

Hey, I’ve also applied to Salisbury Court as my first choice too! I’m studying history!
I put Salisbury as my first choice for a single standard room :wink: I'm a French student with an English Language offer
I'm thinking of putting a twin room as my first choice because I adore Salisbury and there's no way i can shell out 6k :'(
Original post by rflxvvrbs
I'm thinking of putting a twin room as my first choice because I adore Salisbury and there's no way i can shell out 6k :'(

Think carefully about this. What is it about Salisbury that makes you like it so much?
im looking at salisbury too, im just worried that its a bit further out?
Original post by Charlmc3
im looking at salisbury too, im just worried that its a bit further out?

also just to add im also looking at fraser court, darroch court and maybe south clerk st? im studying french and business so will probs be based in george square. im quite sociable so my worst nightmare would be to be isolated from the main student area.. ive heard new arthurs place is decent too? sciennes looks quite sociable too although kincairds seems to come out top regarding social events. but i think its also subsequently a bit of a shithole. i have a mate who is at salisbury currently tho and loves it!
Original post by Charlmc3
also just to add im also looking at fraser court, darroch court and maybe south clerk st? im studying french and business so will probs be based in george square. im quite sociable so my worst nightmare would be to be isolated from the main student area.. ive heard new arthurs place is decent too? sciennes looks quite sociable too although kincairds seems to come out top regarding social events. but i think its also subsequently a bit of a shithole. i have a mate who is at salisbury currently tho and loves it!

I've applied to Salisbury for 2018 entry and it's not actually that far out, probs like a 15 min walk to George Square (i walked past it on the way to Fraser court for the offer holder's day) and is actually closer than Fraser Court. Also if you're worried about the social thing, Salisbury flats are 6-10 people which is bigger compared to a lot of the other options. But i've been past Kincaird's before and that's really really central and a bit more social. hope this helped in anyway!
Original post by lottiedoc27
Not applied yet, but definitely considering applying for accommodation and if I do Salisbury Court will be my first choice :smile: Accepted an unconditional for Law so will be starting in Edinburgh this September 😊

Me too! Also applied for Salisbury Court.
Does anyone know how much is the accomodation per week because I'm kind of confused... I mean in the university's website it says that the rent is £5,857 but they don't mention for how many weeks. In another website I saw that the rent was at £59 per day... It's a big difference between the two prices so I don't know what to believe.. I'm applying for the next year. Btw I'm going for the single room.😊
Original post by SunnyDay158
Does anyone know how much is the accomodation per week because I'm kind of confused... I mean in the university's website it says that the rent is £5,857 but they don't mention for how many weeks. In another website I saw that the rent was at £59 per day... It's a big difference between the two prices so I don't know what to believe.. I'm applying for the next year. Btw I'm going for the single room.😊

Is the £59 / day price for holiday / conference accommodation?
Original post by SunnyDay158

If I remember correctly the tenancy lasts 40 weeks, so you'd be looking at about £146 per week for the particular accommodation you're looking at.

Spoiler

Original post by Isinglass
Is the £59 / day price for holiday / conference accommodation?

I think that must be what OP is referring to by mistake, the actual daily cost would be about £21.
(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending