Should I start boxing?

Watch
username3872488
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Boxing seems really fun and it’s a good exercise but I’m not sure if I should take classes. Haha I don’t want to break any bones , no thank you 😁
JaseyB
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you wanted to do it as a keepfit thing there is always boxercise which is like boxing training without the need to get involved in bouts I think correct me if I am wrong.
username3872488
Rep:
?
(Original post by JaseyB)
If you wanted to do it as a keepfit thing there is always boxercise which is like boxing training without the need to get involved in bouts I think correct me if I am wrong.
Yeah I wanted to do it as a keepfit thing but also because it looks fun and relieves stress I guess. I have no idea what boxercise is though , well obviously boxing as exercise.
JaseyB
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by susu66s)
Yeah I wanted to do it as a keepfit thing but also because it looks fun and relieves stress I guess. I have no idea what boxercise is though , well obviously boxing as exercise.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeands...being.features
username3872488
Rep:
?
That looks like fun I’m still undecided though maybe I’ll start it yolo right
JaseyB
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
That looks like fun I’m still undecided though maybe I’ll start it yolo right
Yeah hope you enjoy it.
TrelaiBoy
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Boxing's a decent laugh and you're unlikely to break bones if you only do it for exercise rather than to be an actual boxer. You shouldn't be breaking bones if you're sparring for example
username3872488
Rep:
?
(Original post by TrelaiBoy)
Boxing's a decent laugh and you're unlikely to break bones if you only do it for exercise rather than to be an actual boxer. You shouldn't be breaking bones if you're sparring for example
More like breaking my fist
TrelaiBoy
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
More like breaking my fist
If you punch properly and prepare properly, you won't seriously injure your hand
rob15
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Boxing seems really fun and it’s a good exercise but I’m not sure if I should take classes. Haha I don’t want to break any bones , no thank you 😁
If ur gonna do it competitively it's hella hard but if just for fitness it might be alright, I've been doing it for years and it's so stressful I'm thinking of stopping after winning national titles and all that
Hiraeth.
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I would love to also do boxing; IMO I think the sparring sessions are what makes it fun and its probably more helpful then just training. Unfortunately lots of Asians tend to partake in such classes :/
DarkKnight06
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Im gonna start when I go uni after exams.
username3872488
Rep:
?
(Original post by rob15)
If ur gonna do it competitively it's hella hard but if just for fitness it might be alright, I've been doing it for years and it's so stressful I'm thinking of stopping after winning national titles and all that
Nope, I want to take lessons just for fitness not competitive 😂
DarkKnight06
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Nope, I want to take lessons just for fitness not competitive 😂
Lessons will be expensive.. I'm gonna try self teaching myself until I know enough and then get an instructor if need be.
username3872488
Rep:
?
(Original post by ReadySalted28)
Lessons will be expensive.. I'm gonna try self teaching myself until I know enough and then get an instructor if need be.
They have group lessons where I am like once a week on weekends , it’s not a bad price. But if you do like private lessons those can get pretty expensive.
YouAreAYute
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Hiraeth.)
I would love to also do boxing; IMO I think the sparring sessions are what makes it fun and its probably more helpful then just training. Unfortunately lots of Asians tend to partake in such classes :/
what
username3872488
Rep:
?
(Original post by YouAreAYute)
what
Haha I was wondering about that too
YouAreAYute
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Haha I was wondering about that too
and who repped him smh
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
yes
username3872488
Rep:
?
(Original post by YouAreAYute)
and who repped him smh
Lol I did , i think he means as in like if you do competitive they are really good at it? I’m not even sure tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.07%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (67)
30.59%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (26)
11.87%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.22%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.48%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.4%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.37%

Watched Threads