The Student Room Group

Should I start boxing?

Boxing seems really fun and it’s a good exercise but I’m not sure if I should take classes. Haha I don’t want to break any bones , no thank you 😁

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
If you wanted to do it as a keepfit thing there is always boxercise which is like boxing training without the need to get involved in bouts I think correct me if I am wrong.
Original post by JaseyB
If you wanted to do it as a keepfit thing there is always boxercise which is like boxing training without the need to get involved in bouts I think correct me if I am wrong.

Yeah I wanted to do it as a keepfit thing but also because it looks fun and relieves stress I guess. I have no idea what boxercise is though , well obviously boxing as exercise.
Reply 3
Original post by susu66s
Yeah I wanted to do it as a keepfit thing but also because it looks fun and relieves stress I guess. I have no idea what boxercise is though , well obviously boxing as exercise.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2007/mar/24/healthandwellbeing.features

That looks like fun I’m still undecided though maybe I’ll start it yolo right
Reply 5
Original post by susu66s
That looks like fun I’m still undecided though maybe I’ll start it yolo right

Yeah hope you enjoy it.
Boxing's a decent laugh and you're unlikely to break bones if you only do it for exercise rather than to be an actual boxer. You shouldn't be breaking bones if you're sparring for example
Original post by TrelaiBoy
Boxing's a decent laugh and you're unlikely to break bones if you only do it for exercise rather than to be an actual boxer. You shouldn't be breaking bones if you're sparring for example

More like breaking my fist
Original post by susu66s
More like breaking my fist

If you punch properly and prepare properly, you won't seriously injure your hand
Reply 9
Original post by susu66s
Boxing seems really fun and it’s a good exercise but I’m not sure if I should take classes. Haha I don’t want to break any bones , no thank you 😁

If ur gonna do it competitively it's hella hard but if just for fitness it might be alright, I've been doing it for years and it's so stressful I'm thinking of stopping after winning national titles and all that
I would love to also do boxing; IMO I think the sparring sessions are what makes it fun and its probably more helpful then just training. Unfortunately lots of Asians tend to partake in such classes :/
Im gonna start when I go uni after exams.
Original post by rob15
If ur gonna do it competitively it's hella hard but if just for fitness it might be alright, I've been doing it for years and it's so stressful I'm thinking of stopping after winning national titles and all that

Nope, I want to take lessons just for fitness not competitive 😂
Original post by susu66s
Nope, I want to take lessons just for fitness not competitive 😂

Lessons will be expensive.. I'm gonna try self teaching myself until I know enough and then get an instructor if need be.
Original post by ReadySalted28
Lessons will be expensive.. I'm gonna try self teaching myself until I know enough and then get an instructor if need be.

They have group lessons where I am like once a week on weekends , it’s not a bad price. But if you do like private lessons those can get pretty expensive.
Original post by Hiraeth.
I would love to also do boxing; IMO I think the sparring sessions are what makes it fun and its probably more helpful then just training. Unfortunately lots of Asians tend to partake in such classes :/

what
Original post by YouAreAYute
what

Haha I was wondering about that too
Original post by susu66s
Haha I was wondering about that too

and who repped him smh
yes
Original post by YouAreAYute
and who repped him smh

Lol I did , i think he means as in like if you do competitive they are really good at it? I’m not even sure tho

Quick Reply

Latest