The Student Room Group

How can i revise for OCR Computer science?

The mark scheme is so harsh! You need specific words, like "malicious" for SQL injection, so how do i make sure i get these key points in?
Don't do OCR
Original post by Kangaroo17
The mark scheme is so harsh! You need specific words, like "malicious" for SQL injection, so how do i make sure i get these key points in?

Craigndave youtube channel, I revised using them and found their videos concise and use the correct terminology. You might need to play it on 1.25 speed though as they speak quite slowly.
No idea how good it is for OCR but this guy is good

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsBxhDfwURg-vQASN2ZeHwg
Practice papers, even if it is old spec, make sure you keep reading notes, book, online etc. whatever works for you so that you don't forget those key words that get you marks. And very important, make sure you properly understand every topic.
Reply 5
Original post by Bill Nye
Don't do OCR

Too late now lol :tongue:

Original post by Goldenshark
Craigndave youtube channel, I revised using them and found their videos concise and use the correct terminology. You might need to play it on 1.25 speed though as they speak quite slowly.

Original post by Bill Nye
No idea how good it is for OCR but this guy is good

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsBxhDfwURg-vQASN2ZeHwg

Original post by Hammad(214508)
Practice papers, even if it is old spec, make sure you keep reading notes, book, online etc. whatever works for you so that you don't forget those key words that get you marks. And very important, make sure you properly understand every topic.

Thanks for the advice! Nearly forgot about that youtube channel.
Personally, I think THIS website it really good. Just signed up and paid for membership - only £2.50 from now to the end of our exams!

Just keep going over definitions. What i've found really helps is looking at the topic in the specification (e.g 1.1 systems architecture) and then just writing everything i know from memory - e.g all the registers, what they do, definition of an embedded system. Then check all the information with a revision guide, and correct parts you've either missed out or gotten wrong. Do this for 3/4 of the topics (e.g 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4) and then write out everything you've done so far from memory. Keep repeating this (or iterating for some more technical vocabulary :wink: ) and it will stay in your memory for sure!

Edit: attatched link.
Reply 7
Original post by 15jturner
Personally, I think THIS website it really good. Just signed up and paid for membership - only £2.50 from now to the end of our exams!

Just keep going over definitions. What i've found really helps is looking at the topic in the specification (e.g 1.1 systems architecture) and then just writing everything i know from memory - e.g all the registers, what they do, definition of an embedded system. Then check all the information with a revision guide, and correct parts you've either missed out or gotten wrong. Do this for 3/4 of the topics (e.g 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4) and then write out everything you've done so far from memory. Keep repeating this (or iterating for some more technical vocabulary :wink: ) and it will stay in your memory for sure!

Edit: attatched link.

Wow! I use that website for 6-a-day questions, but completely missed the membership bit!
Thanks for pointing it out, i'll pay for it now.

Quick Reply

Latest