The Student Room Group

IRP Question Struggle: Amélie OR Antisemitism

Dear all people doing AS french. I am struggling coming up with a title for my IRP and would like to ask anyone who has done an IRP or is currently doing one for advice. I would like to do my IRP on the film Amélie however we are required to come up with an evaluative question or title for our IRP and I don't know what this could be, does anyone know how I could combine "an analysis of the themes of Amélie" with something evaluative (maybe relevant to french society)?

Alternatively does anyone know any good french (serious) films on antisemitism in modern day france or france during the war? And what would be the best way to phrase this into an evaluative and analytical question?
Reply 1
Original post by stressedanddead
Dear all people doing AS french. I am struggling coming up with a title for my IRP and would like to ask anyone who has done an IRP or is currently doing one for advice. I would like to do my IRP on the film Amélie however we are required to come up with an evaluative question or title for our IRP and I don't know what this could be, does anyone know how I could combine "an analysis of the themes of Amélie" with something evaluative (maybe relevant to french society)?

Alternatively does anyone know any good french (serious) films on antisemitism in modern day france or france during the war? And what would be the best way to phrase this into an evaluative and analytical question?
my top advice would be to choose only onee theme of the film and analse that deeply. Doing all the themes is too broad and would be something you greatly suffer with this time next year!! Currently practising mine on how frances protects its language, my exam is a month today!
Original post by Ljudge2
my top advice would be to choose only onee theme of the film and analse that deeply. Doing all the themes is too broad and would be something you greatly suffer with this time next year!! Currently practising mine on how frances protects its language, my exam is a month today!

Do you have any tips on how to make it evaluative? Because Amélie's main themes are love, isolation (feeling like an outsider), reality vs fantasy (surrealism) and utilitarianism. I believe that all these themes are very present in the film but I'm not sure how to form this into an IRP.
Reply 3
Do you have any tips on how to make it evaluative? Because Amélie's main themes are love, isolation (feeling like an outsider), reality vs fantasy (surrealism) and utilitarianism. I believe that all these themes are very present in the film but I'm not sure how to form this into an IRP.

One question could be like “how effective is is the theme of isolation in the film” or “how effective is the directors portrayal of isolation in the film Amelie” or something like that?

How about:

To what extent does the film Amélie show that we should prioritise the needs of others before those of ourselves?
To what extent does Amélie compromise her own happiness in helping those around her?
To what extent does the film Amélie depict an outdated and romanticised vision of modern Parisien society?

These are just a few ideas I had and maybe will hopefully give you some inspiration.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending