The Student Room Group

Folders and Paper printouts... or Full on digital revision?

I revise everything electronically wbu?
Hi!

I feel that doing it hand-written helps me remember the notes I have taken far easier than on the computer, for one simple reason: it's the exact same thing on your brain a few keystrokes are identical to one another (Whether you press the A or Z key, it's the same thing for your brain), writting A or Z is very different, which makes for a far better learning experience.

That being said, the digital is easier to take around (so why not have screenshots of your pen and paper notes) ?
Original post by SpotOnUni
Hi!

I feel that doing it hand-written helps me remember the notes I have taken far easier than on the computer, for one simple reason: it's the exact same thing on your brain a few keystrokes are identical to one another (Whether you press the A or Z key, it's the same thing for your brain), writting A or Z is very different, which makes for a far better learning experience.

That being said, the digital is easier to take around (so why not have screenshots of your pen and paper notes) ?

I always lose paper and stuff lol... so i just make folders and makes notes in word documents...
Original post by Realitysreflexx
I always lose paper and stuff lol... so i just make folders and makes notes in word documents...

What I am doing right now is that I take my notes on paper then take a picture of it and throw it on Evernote (which is free and very easy to access on your phone) - and I can review all my notes on the go if I want to. Give it a try :smile:
Original post by SpotOnUni
What I am doing right now is that I take my notes on paper then take a picture of it and throw it on Evernote (which is free and very easy to access on your phone) - and I can review all my notes on the go if I want to. Give it a try :smile:

Definitely will look into that! thanks
I pop all of my notes on to evernote or one note
I usually store my resources on Google Drive, but I will do stuff like past papers on lined paper so that I use as little paper as possible for the environment. I recommend only printing papers for the actual exam preparation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending