The Student Room Group

Geography Revision?

Is it just me or do you find Geography the hardest subject to revise for? For some reason compared to the other subjects I take, Geography seems to be the hardest, maybe because it has so many topics... Any tips on how to revise for it? Maybe youtube channels or websites? because I haven't found any other than bitesize. Thanks in advance :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lozzylouise
Is it just me or do you find Geography the hardest subject to revise for? For some reason compared to the other subjects I take, Geography seems to be the hardest, maybe because it has so many topics... Any tips on how to revise for it? Maybe youtube channels or websites? because I haven't found any other than bitesize. Thanks in advance :smile:

Nope, if it is GCSE I can help you with it.
Reply 2
Original post by TheAlchemistress
Nope, if it is GCSE I can help you with it.

Yes, it is GCSE, AQA. Can you recomend any good websites or youtube, channels to help? Thanks :smile:
Yes, it is GCSE, AQA. Can you recomend any good websites or youtube, channels to help? Thanks :smile:

I done OCR and I used a CPG book, I would first find a textbook that outlines everything and go over the notes you make, plus draw diagrams.
Reply 4
I find it hard to revise only because I find it extremely boring, and I’m doing Igcse edexcel geography, the exam is 3 HOURS so it’s pretty dreadful
Hey, I got an A* at GCSE geography and am now taking it for A level so listen up!
I hate revision with a burning passion and did barely anything for any of my subjects, so I feel your pain, but this is what I did for geography:
- Grab a load of A3 paper, whack out the Sharpies and put a topic on each page; don't worry too much about presentation and put on some music to prevent boredom from killing you, just get all the info down
- Use a different colour for stuff you don't know; this makes life easier later as you can just read over the stuff in that colour
- Get someone else to test you on any key words you're not sure of

There are obviously loads more things you can do and I would recommend you do as many as you can tolerate - good luck! :smile:
I done OCR and I used a CPG book, I would first find a textbook that outlines everything and go over the notes you make, plus draw diagrams.

What did you get in Geography at GCSE?
Is the CGP guide enough?
Original post by lucilletea
Hey, I got an A* at GCSE geography and am now taking it for A level so listen up!
I hate revision with a burning passion and did barely anything for any of my subjects, so I feel your pain, but this is what I did for geography:
- Grab a load of A3 paper, whack out the Sharpies and put a topic on each page; don't worry too much about presentation and put on some music to prevent boredom from killing you, just get all the info down
- Use a different colour for stuff you don't know; this makes life easier later as you can just read over the stuff in that colour

There are obviously loads more things you can do and I would recommend you do as many as you can tolerate - good luck! :smile:

Is the CGP guide enough?
Original post by Ihatelife2
What did you get in Geography at GCSE?
Is the CGP guide enough?

B, not CPG sorry OCR. You might have to get AQA.
B, not CPG sorry OCR. You might have to get AQA.

I'm a bit confused. So is the CGP guide enough for Edexcel?
I'm a bit confused. So is the CGP guide enough for Edexcel?

Alright, so I used the OCR book because I done OCR. My mistake I didn’t use CPG, so if you are doing Edexcel you would have to get Edexcel.
Alright, so I used the OCR book because I done OCR. My mistake I didn’t use CPG, so if you are doing Edexcel you would have to get Edexcel.

Ohhh. Thanks.
Is the CGP guide enough?

The CGP guide is good, just make sure you go through the exam specification to check it hasn't missed anything :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by simajabri
I find it hard to revise only because I find it extremely boring, and I’m doing Igcse edexcel geography, the exam is 3 HOURS so it’s pretty dreadful

3 hours?! That’s awful. I have 3 geography exams and each one is 1hr 30 so I feel your pain
Reply 14

A* is amazing, congrats! Thanks for the advice 🙂
I am also doing Geography for A level (hopefully) so I have to get at least a B in the exams so it’s a lot of pressure
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 15
I am using the AQA textbook, it’s quite good for knowing all the topics but it doesn’t go into much detail so I usually look everything up online to get more detail.
The CGP guide is good, just make sure you go through the exam specification to check it hasn't missed anything :smile:

Good idea. Thanks

For physical learn the theory. I create tables for land forms and key terms and learn them by route. Once you understand the theory learn case studies you need. Make sure they are detailed. For human again learn the theory e.g globalization- the origins of globalization. Human is more about case studies. Learn those parrot fashion. Also have a stats page where you have all the statistics you need to learn and learn those off by heart. Then do past papers and make sure you know exactly what each command word means.
Is the CGP guide enough?

YES. I only revised the CGP Aqa geography revision guide, and I got a 7 in the last mock :biggrin:
Original post by Bathila
YES. I only revised the CGP Aqa geography revision guide, and I got a 7 in the last mock :biggrin:

Do you think it will be enough for a 9?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending