The Student Room Group

Re applying throught Ucas while being at uni.

So this year I applied to various universities, but only got in the ones that I like the least. I want to take a gap year to reapply next year but my parents won't let me, so I have to go to university this year while reapplying. My question is : do I have to mention the university that I am going to be attending on my Ucas application. Because the starting day for my university is the 1st of October, so if I finish my Ucas application by mid September do I still have to mention the university I am going to be attending ( even thought I didn't go there yet ) ?
why aren't your parents allowing for a gap year its more financial beneficial if you took a gap year and re applied rather than going to this uni paying the fees and probably gonna waste a semester. I dont think you have to mention you started uni, idk maybe i'm wrong. Just talk to your parents about how its a waste of money, if they dont agree what makes you think that you are allowed to switch unis after the first year.
Original post by varnaul
So this year I applied to various universities, but only got in the ones that I like the least. I want to take a gap year to reapply next year but my parents won't let me, so I have to go to university this year while reapplying. My question is : do I have to mention the university that I am going to be attending on my Ucas application. Because the starting day for my university is the 1st of October, so if I finish my Ucas application by mid September do I still have to mention the university I am going to be attending ( even thought I didn't go there yet ) ?
What are you grades looking like?

Are you a candidate to move up the league tables with your university choice, enhancing employability.... or are you just not keen on the city, if you let us know we may have strategies to helo you make your parents more aware of your reasoning....
Reply 3
Original post by Realitysreflexx
What are you grades looking like?

Are you a candidate to move up the league tables with your university choice, enhancing employability.... or are you just not keen on the city, if you let us know we may have strategies to helo you make your parents more aware of your reasoning....

Well I'm in the french system but my predicted were basically A* in math A* in English A* in Spanish A in economics A* in History and geography and B in philosophy.

I got into Warwick management but the thing is that Warwick is in Coventry and I know that I won't like it there because I hate the countryside. I want to reapply for LSE because I didn't apply their last year ( I know I'm stupid ).

And I have already discussed the gap year issue with my parents and they won't let me do it. But they said they would let me reapply at a Uni for 1st year ( I know it's weird )
Reply 4
Original post by assassinbunny123
why aren't your parents allowing for a gap year its more financial beneficial if you took a gap year and re applied rather than going to this uni paying the fees and probably gonna waste a semester. I dont think you have to mention you started uni, idk maybe i'm wrong. Just talk to your parents about how its a waste of money, if they dont agree what makes you think that you are allowed to switch unis after the first year.

Well I'm in the french system but my predicted were basically A* in math A* in English A* in Spanish A in economics A* in History and geography and B in philosophy.

I got into Warwick management but the thing is that Warwick is in Coventry and I know that I won't like it there because I hate the countryside. I want to reapply for LSE because I didn't apply their last year ( I know I'm stupid ).

And I have already discussed the gap year issue with my parents and they won't let me do it. But they said they would let me reapply at a Uni for 1st year ( I know it's weird )
Original post by varnaul

I can kind of see their point tbh and yours also, whilst LSE is obviously better its notoriously difficult to get into....

Yet Warwick isnt so bad......good uni... and tbh with you, you wont much be affording the london lifestyle once you live there... its extremely expensive..
i lived there during my foundation course. At Russell square..

You obviously can reapply to LSE and then do two first years... which wouldnt hurt you either, just rather a waste of money, but hey... its not your money... what i think your parents might think is lets send her to Warwick if she hates it, then if she gets in we will let her go to LSE but warwick isnt too bad. I go to Nottingham, i didnt apply to Warwick because it was in the middle of well nowhere also... so i feel your worry.
Reply 6
I can kind of see their point tbh and yours also, whilst LSE is obviously better its notoriously difficult to get into....

Yet Warwick isnt so bad......good uni... and tbh with you, you wont much be affording the london lifestyle once you live there... its extremely expensive..
i lived there during my foundation course. At Russell square..

You obviously can reapply to LSE and then do two first years... which wouldnt hurt you either, just rather a waste of money, but hey... its not your money... what i think your parents might think is lets send her to Warwick if she hates it, then if she gets in we will let her go to LSE but warwick isnt too bad. I go to Nottingham, i didnt apply to Warwick because it was in the middle of well nowhere also... so i feel your worry.

That's exactly what I think my parents are thinking. But do you think that if I finish my application of Ucas mid September, do I have to say that I have been in Warwick ( in the education section ), or could I just not mention it because I didn't actually go there ( the starting day is on the 1st of October and I will have sent my application mid Sptember)
Original post by varnaul
That's exactly what I think my parents are thinking. But do you think that if I finish my application of Ucas mid September, do I have to say that I have been in Warwick ( in the education section ), or could I just not mention it because I didn't actually go there ( the starting day is on the 1st of October and I will have sent my application mid Sptember)

no point in mentioning it, because you cant transfer from year one at the higher up unis, so likely they wont allow it from warwick to lse, if anything they would disadvantage making you an offer, because they would find it odd you leave a course to redo year one there.
Reply 8
no point in mentioning it, because you cant transfer from year one at the higher up unis, so likely they wont allow it from warwick to lse, if anything they would disadvantage making you an offer, because they would find it odd you leave a course to redo year one there.

Thank you so much for your answer. But just to be sure if I don’t mention it I wouldn’t be doing anything “illegal” by that I mean that will result in my Application being withdrawn?
Original post by varnaul
Thank you so much for your answer. But just to be sure if I don’t mention it I wouldn’t be doing anything “illegal” by that I mean that will result in my Application being withdrawn?

No its not illegal, an offer of place isnt binding.....its up to you to accept it...but if you give the university reason to not give you a place thats more of a detriment to your own desire to get one of the highly valued places at lse which are in short supply.
Original post by varnaul

Your application asks for your full education history. That includes attendance at a university. If you don’t declare it your application will be fraudulent and any offers can be withdrawn.

If you want to apply to transfer university you are better applying after Christmas and having a reference from your current university. Applying elsewhere before you have even given your current course a chance makes you look like a time waster.

No its not illegal, an offer of place isnt binding.....its up to you to accept it...but if you give the university reason to not give you a place thats more of a detriment to your own desire to get one of the highly valued places at lse which are in short supply.

It’s not illegal but it is fraudulent. LSE will withdraw offers from applicants who have withheld information on their application
http://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Undergraduate/Prospective-Students/How-to-Apply/Completing-the-UCAS-form

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending