The Student Room Group

struggling with french orals

My real GCSE exam is in 2 weeks and I'm really struggling. I've learned about 45% of all my questions but I'm really close to giving up! There's just soooo many questions to learn. I usually just repeat and repeat but I feel like I should perhaps take a different approach?I feel like this doesn't work that well anymore and takes time. I literally do anything I can to avoid learning it. I go to the kitchen and eat when I'm not even hungry! etc. I tried the writing down thing today but I didn't like it at all, my hand just hurts and I barely learnt it. Quizlet. I feel is useless if I don't already know the questions it's better just to use it to review not learn from scratch. I'm trying to recording and listening thing tonight but any other suggestions please help me out! Thank you.
Original post by gurlll
My real GCSE exam is in 2 weeks and I'm really struggling. I've learned about 45% of all my questions but I'm really close to giving up! There's just soooo many questions to learn. I usually just repeat and repeat but I feel like I should perhaps take a different approach?I feel like this doesn't work that well anymore and takes time. I literally do anything I can to avoid learning it. I go to the kitchen and eat when I'm not even hungry! etc. I tried the writing down thing today but I didn't like it at all, my hand just hurts and I barely learnt it. Quizlet. I feel is useless if I don't already know the questions it's better just to use it to review not learn from scratch. I'm trying to recording and listening thing tonight but any other suggestions please help me out! Thank you.

Hey, I did mine in year 10 last year, and I practiced with my mum every night in the run up to the exam. It really helped to practice speaking with someone as it meant it'd feel much more natural rather than just having to write everything on a card and hoping for the best. The more you practice, the better you'll get and the more easy it will be to remember. Try to practice with just your prompt card/no prompt card to help best test your knowledge
.retention-graph.png

This graph shows what I said- if you keep practising and re-learning it, it will stick.
Reply 2
Original post by lydiarutharnold
Hey, I did mine in year 10 last year, and I practiced with my mum every night in the run up to the exam. It really helped to practice speaking with someone as it meant it'd feel much more natural rather than just having to write everything on a card and hoping for the best. The more you practice, the better you'll get and the more easy it will be to remember. Try to practice with just your prompt card/no prompt card to help best test your knowledge
.retention-graph.png

This graph shows what I said- if you keep practising and re-learning it, it will stick.

Thank you!
Original post by gurlll
Thank you!

You’re welcome, hope all goes well :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest