The Student Room Group

GCSE and haven’t started revision?

Am I the only one who hasn’t started revision yet and my exams are in a month??
Statistically: probably not.
But that doesn't lessen your approach.
Reply 2
People have told me that they started a week before and they got all A*s so I don’t think my approach is “dumb”
Yh I havent and i am predicted 7s & 8s. Dk how im gonna get them. Do u feel as if its too late?
Original post by SilverLipa
Yh I havent and i am predicted 7s & 8s. Dk how im gonna get them. Do u feel as if its too late?

Nope - Make checklists for Each Subject
Divide all the points by the weeks remaining
Complete each point(unit) and then test it
For Maths ongoing practice and learning!
Original post by adamantacademic
Nope - Make checklists for Each Subject
Divide all the points by the weeks remaining
Complete each point(unit) and then test it
For Maths ongoing practice and learning!

Thanks!!!!!!!!much appreciated
Original post by SilverLipa
Thanks!!!!!!!!much appreciated

Np, I pretty much want all 9-7s and started revising quite recently, it's doable!
Reply 7
*shrugs quietly* I barely revised at all for my GCSEs and got 8 A’s, 2 B’s, and 2 C’s. If you’re taking this more seriously than I did, which you should, I reckon you’re still in the safe zone if you work hard.
imo there is absolutely no reason why you shouldn't start now. The fact that some random person only revised one week and got good grades doesn't mean anything as there are probably more people that revised only one week and got really bad grades.
Better to be safe than sorry! I would suggest creating a timetable for all your days from now to the exams. Allocate a short period for each subject and do more than one subject each day. And focus your time on answering questions instead of writing notes.

I think these two blogs give really good tips on the most effective ways to revise! Good luck!
https://senecalearning.com/blog/revision-tips/
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/56acc1138a65e2a286012c54/t/57d03e7d59cc6867e7fe9e40/1473265277428/All-B%26W-Posters.pdf
I think its better to revise closer to ur exams as everything will be fresh in your mind :smile:
I wouldn't say it's "too late" per se, but you definitely should've started revision earlier. A bit hypocritical coming from me because I didn't revise and (technically) passed all mine; lowest grade was a D. However, if I could turn back the clocks, I would definitely put some revision in for my GCSEs as Ik I could've got better results. Not revising puts you in a bad position for A-Level, trust me.

Other people may get A*s and revise last minute, but that's really not a sensible reason to not revise yourself. We all have different abilities and other people need more time to prepare than others. From what I know, the new 9-1 specs are harder so what makes you assume you can pull it off too? 8's/9's are harder to get than A*s...

It's not too late but please, use this last month productively. Do some past-papers or whatever works for you. Providing you use your time wisely, you should get some decent grades. Not guaranteed, though.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 11
I’m just starting now and my earliest exam is in a month, but I’ve got lots of revision material from year 10/mocks, and I’m sure even if you don’t have that you’ll be fine if you work hard
Original post by ridajaff
Am I the only one who hasn’t started revision yet and my exams are in a month??

I haven't either i'm dead
Dw you still have time! Also what’s the point in saying wishing you started earlier- too late now to worry about so suck it up and start now, 🙄 Also it’s 100% easier once you get going
Original post by ridajaff
People have told me that they started a week before and they got all A*s so I don’t think my approach is “dumb”

People talk shyt. Don't listen. They wanna sound smart.

You could get away with that if you did constant work throughout the whole year, in which case you could say they started revising from day 1.
Get this app called mystudyplan it literally tells you what to revise on what day. I haven’t used it yet but my gcses are in a month and I haven’t revised
(edited 6 years ago)
I'd recommend starting now, what I do is Make notes that are bright and put the everywhere in your house. When you walk past give them a quick read and say them in your head. After a while You'll subliminally read them and it will click in your brain
Reply 17
well, when i did my mocks in january i didn't revise at all for my economics and Business exam, however, i started revising for each the night before the exams and i ended up getting an A* in both ( 91 percent in business and 92 percent in econ) The same was for my english exam where i got also an A*
I wanna jump off a bridge
Original post by sxhxl
I wanna jump off a bridge

same

Quick Reply

Latest