The Student Room Group

problems with uni accommodation

I've noticed some stains on my walls and a chip on my desk. I'm sure they were there before i moved in but i forgot to check everything before i properly moved in. what are the chances of my accommodation telling me i'm gonna get charged for that when i move out????????
Original post by NoEaze
I've noticed some stains on my walls and a chip on my desk. I'm sure they were there before i moved in but i forgot to check everything before i properly moved in. what are the chances of my accommodation telling me i'm gonna get charged for that when i move out????????

Take a photo which has the date and time feature.
If you moved in back in Sept 2017, then its up to them where you alert them. Also depends whether its uni or private owned.
Its up to you whether you want to raise the issue and deal with it now or not.
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
Take a photo which has the date and time feature.
If you moved in back in Sept 2017, then its up to them where you alert them. Also depends whether its uni or private owned.
Its up to you whether you want to raise the issue and deal with it now or not.

it's a private accommodation but they only take on university students, they're called sulets btw
Original post by NoEaze
it's a private accommodation but they only take on university students, they're called sulets btw

Did they give you an inventory when you moved in? Were there any pictures online if you found the room through the internet that showed the damage? Did you take any pictures yourself when you moved in? If you don't have a log of previous damage or any pictures before/when you just moved in you won't be able to prove it wasn't you.
Original post by NoEaze

How long is a piece of string? You were probably given an inventory and asked to check from the beginning.
You can ask them to check and pass you now or hope they dont notice.

You can contact them from an anonymous e-mail account to sound them out if you wish and dont have to id where you are.
Reply 5
yeah im probably screwed
Original post by NoEaze
yeah im probably screwed

The chip you won't be able to do anything about. What kind of stains are on the walls and how bad is it? Depending on what the stains are you may be able to clean them off yourself.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Glassapple
The chip you won't be able to do anything about? What kind of stains are on the walls and how bad is it? Depending on what the stains are you may be able to clean them off yourself.

just look like dirt stains, i'll just clean it before i leave

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending