The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by paul514
Actually I just asked more questions of the information you put forward, I haven’t conceded anything you have simply refused to respond to the points I made in the last two posts.

It’s also funny you mention apologising after the post you made 10 minutes ago to me 😂

There's no points. It's just pedantry. The "threshold" that you think is a valid point is easily a cheap diversion. Anything that is of interests of our national security is going to be investigated.

"For the first time we have a home-grown proscribed white supremacist, neo-Nazi terror group, which seeks to plan attacks and build international networks."

"There are currently more than 600 live investigations and more than 3,000 people of interest at any one time.
"Your earlier post completely ignored these details and you reduced the far right threat to "men trying to kill gays".Still waiting for an actual rebuttal and not just pedantry or stupidity.
Original post by ironmanwilldie
There's no points. It's just pedantry. The "threshold" that you think is a valid point is easily a cheap diversion. Anything that is of interests of our national security is going to be investigated.

"For the first time we have a home-grown proscribed white supremacist, neo-Nazi terror group, which seeks to plan attacks and build international networks."

"There are currently more than 600 live investigations and more than 3,000 people of interest at any one time.
"Your earlier post completely ignored these details and you reduced the far right threat to "men trying to kill gays".Still waiting for an actual rebuttal and not just pedantry or stupidity.

If you don’t want to answer the questions put to you I don’t know why you still reply.
If you want to have a conversation then let’s have one where you reply to the questions or points I make, if you don’t want to do that then your not having a conversation with me.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by paul514
If you don’t want to answer the questions put to you I don’t know why you still reply.
If you want to have a conversation then let’s have one where you reply to the questions or points I make, if you don’t want to do that then your not having a conversation with me.

What questions have I not answered? Ive addressed everything. You're just an ignorant idiot.

This is another cheap deflection. You dont want a conversation because you know you've lost. :biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by Davij038
Ha ha ha....Sure.

Dont try and have a go at me. Get a job first unemployed tool.
What questions have I not answered? Ive addressed everything. You're just an ignorant idiot.

This is another cheap deflection. You dont want a conversation because you know you've lost. :biggrin::biggrin:

All of the questions, every single one.

I don’t know if he’s unemployed or not but it’s completely irrelevant either way.

You’re unemployed at the moment, whatever you say is irrelevant
[QUOTE="paul514;76855134"]So some guy hated gays so much he wanted to kill them and some other guy accused of wanting to kill an MP.
/QUOTE]

Nope. Much bigger than that as Ive already said.

Original post by paul514

So exactly how does this mean they are right wing terrorists from the info you have provided? Where’s the unifying ideology from the conservatives all the way through the spectrum to the BNP?

Original post by paul514

The first one could just hate gays the second one isn’t even convicted and gives no motive.

Theyre just two examples that they released. Many will not be released because their ongoing investigations. Obviously if the spokesperson is saying this with the context of the far right then thats the motive.

Original post by paul514

Even if it were true where the evidence to say the threat is comparable? The article mentions 250% more Islamic attacks stopped in the same time period never mind the ones actually carried out.

Yep, the far right isnt a threat because there were 6 more attempted islamist attacks. But sure, lets ignore the 600 active investigations and 1000 people of interest as well as international terrorist networks and neo nazi groups.

Great logic there Paul. Very intelligent.

Original post by paul514

It’s also for one year not even say a decade.

Time frame is irrelevant. Pretty dumb point.
Original post by Lit teacher
When the head of UK counter-terrorism makes the comparison and warns the public about the threat from right wing terrorists I think I'll trust his judgement more than yours. If you know better perhaps you should let him know.
The basic values of our country are under attack from extremists who plant bombs, drive vehicles into innocent bystanders, threaten democracy through attacks on politicians, preach hatred online and radicalise vulnerable people through lies and propaganda.

There is then another layer who seek to defend and make excuses, commit provocative acts like burning poppies or invading mosques and deny that there is a problem.

I'm quite happy to condemn all terrorists, whether they run people down on London Bridge or Finsbury Park. The only difference between the two groups of extremists is that at the moment the Islamists are better trained and organised, and are mostly willing to die for what they believe in.

Just skimming through and saw you arguing and banging on about the head of counter terror saying the threat of far right is equal to the threat of Islamist terror. The bolded seems to be you undoing your own argument lol?

I believe this is called projection. I work full time and have a reasonable salary for someone my age. I’m sure you’re a real hot shot though.

I’m not having a go at you. I’m pointing out how
Clueless you are.
pc speech is not only a uk thing, just sayin'.
Original post by Aeidrung
Guys, we can do better than jumping to each other's throats because of the countries we were born in. How is it fair to call whole nations uneducated or xenophobic? We're supposed to be the ones to make positive changes, given we're young and on our way to unis, and some of you are acting like bitter people convinced about their own supremacy

That's probably the best comment on this horrible thread. I completely agree with what you are saying and thanks for standing up to these Bigots.
Reply 411

You know you have lost when you need to resort to insults
Reply 412
This is not even a rebuttal. Its okay, no need to apologise for wasting my time. The far right is a threat and you've conceded.

It's not a greater problem than Islamic terrorism. If far right terrorism was equivalent to or worse than Islamic terrorism intelligence agencies would tell you the scale of the problem, like they have with Islamic terrorism. There are a minimum of 23,000 Islamic terrorists in the UK the number could be higher but not lower I personally think out a 0 on the end and that's the true number. 3000 of the 23000 are watched on a 24/7 basis the one far right terror attack we had last year was in response to Muslim terrorist attack in the Manchester arena- not that it makes it the right thing to do for every action their is a reaction. We need an uprising
i agree with you because they have banned these ideological terrorists because they keeping us safe from these people but there are some people who have different intentions when coming to the UK
Original post by GenialGermanGent
I'm not upset. I am astounded by your combination of stupidity and arrogance. I am gleeful, watching your country go up in flames, while my country -and the rest of the EU- thrives. That's all.

I dare say you may want to consider a metric other than economics with which to base your claim that the EU is thriving, because socially Belgium, Germany, France and Sweden in particular are heading straight down the toilet.

Although perhaps you are unaware of this because your own police and media attempted to cover up the fiasco in Cologne, for example (one of many, by the way).
Reply 415
Original post by JowanahMajeed786
i agree with you because they have banned these ideological terrorists because they keeping us safe from these people but there are some people who have different intentions when coming to the UK

Journalists who love our nation are banned but Refugees who fought for ISIS are brushing shoulders with our people. Immigration is too lax it should be a lot more robust and make it near impossible for certain types of people to get in
Ah, another ignorant, Islamophobic useful idiot, brainwashed by the right-wing media. Alright then, let's make you look like the fool you are and expose your utter ignorance to all of TSR.

Original post by Stalin

Although perhaps you are unaware of this because your own police and media attempted to cover up the fiasco in Cologne, for example (one of many, by the way).

Really? How did they try to cover it up? It was on every front page in the country the next morning. There was an in-depth inquiry by the police, covered very closely by the media. There was a massive debate in German society, moderated and -again- closely covered by our media. But you wouldn't know anything about that since you uneducated mouth-breather don't speak German, so you have to trust Britain's right-wing media on this, famous the world over for being second in bias, selective reporting, and populist rabble-rousing only to the Yanks.

Original post by Stalin
I dare say you may want to consider a metric other than economics with which to base your claim that the EU is thriving, because socially Belgium, Germany, France and Sweden in particular are heading straight down the toilet.

Ok, let's look at some societal metrics then.

Equality? None of the countries you mentioned comes even close to Britain's Gini coefficient (I know, you never heard of it, look it up and educate yourself).

Social cohesion? I have yet to see youth on the continent riot and loot like the hordes of disenfranchised, unemployed thugs in the 2011 London riots, when it became obvious to the whole world how torn, compartmentalized, unjust, lacking social mobility, and utterly broken Britain's society is.

Solidarity and empathy? Britain, in comparison to its size, easily took in the fewest refugees from Syria and other war-torn territories compared to the countries you mentioned, showing how cynical, cold-hearted and openly Islamophobic Britain's society is.

Not only is equating these few countries to the whole EU laughable, but your claim is also factually and demonstrably wrong. Try harder, troll.
Ah, another ignorant, Islamophobic useful idiot, brainwashed by the right-wing media. Alright then, let's make you look like the fool you are and expose your utter ignorance to all of TSR.

Really? How did they try to cover it up? It was on every front page in the country the next morning. There was an in-depth inquiry by the police, covered very closely by the media. There was a massive debate in German society, moderated and -again- closely covered by our media. But you wouldn't know anything about that since you uneducated mouth-breather don't speak German, so you have to trust Britain's right-wing media on this, famous the world over for being second in bias, selective reporting, and populist rabble-rousing only to the Yanks.

Equality? None of the countries you mentioned comes even close to Britain's Gini coefficient (I know, you never heard of it, look it up and educate yourself).

Social cohesion? I have yet to see youth on the continent riot and loot like the hordes of disenfranchised, unemployed thugs in the 2011 London riots, when it became obvious to the whole world how torn, compartmentalized, unjust, lacking social mobility, and utterly broken Britain's society is.

Solidarity and empathy? Britain, in comparison to its size, easily took in the fewest refugees from Syria and other war-torn territories compared to the countries you mentioned, showing how cynical, cold-hearted and openly Islamophobic Britain's society is.

Not only is equating these few countries to the whole EU laughable, but your claim is also factually and demonstrably wrong. Try harder, troll.

they say:

you either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the villain.

Well done :smile:
Original post by RickHendricks
they say:

you either die a hero or live long enough to watch yourself become the villain.

Well done :smile:

I'm surprised you haven't blocked him yet, but you probably don't have to considering he already made the last of his inane lists, but maybe he'll still come over here for his sociopathic Britain-bashing won't he :wink:

Are you denying that Wolfgang Albers' statement and the statement officers made to Die Welt contradicted one another?

What about the fact that it took Herr Albers days to reveal what had actually happened, albeit due to the immense pressure from the public due to the news sending shockwaves throughout social media in Germany?

Or the fact that police investigating the mass sexual assaults in Cologne on New Year’s Eve claim they were ordered to remove the word “rape” from their initial report?

Do you also deny that every mainstream German media outlet, as well as the authorities, reported a significantly lower number of sexual assaults? Feel free to read the leaked police document published by Sueddeutsche Zeitung (I know you've never heard of it, look it up and educate yourself).

Australia, Canada and Switzerland's coeifficients are worse than those of Sweden, Belgium, Germany and France.

Let that one sink in.

There's a city on the continent called Paris - look up the riots that occur there every few years in les banlieues. Here's a little unrelated insight: almost 1000 cars were burned during the New Years celebrations this year (this happens every year during New Years). I won't even mention Charlie Hebdo and Nice - and the social cohesion between France and Islam.

Or perhaps we should discuss the increasing amount of no-go zones in Sweden, where police refuse to enter due to the fact the migrants you so dearly cherish throw petrol bombs and fire 7.62×39mm rounds at them?

I won't even bother with Germany because I have already dealt with Cologne and the ostrich position the German authorities and mainstream media decided to take up, but Belgium feels left out - dare I mention Molenbeek-Saint-Jean and its grand social cohesion?

Net official development assistance by country:

1. United States $31.08 billion - per capita $95.52 - % of GNI 0.5
2. United Kingdom $18.70 billion - per capita $284.85 - % of GNI 0.15
3. Germany $17.78 billion - per capita $214.73 - % of GNI 0.1

Check your solidarity and empathy, Hermann.

I can include other countries like Austria, Denmark, Ireland, Finland and the Netherlands if you would like, otherwise what is the point in comparing the UK with Bulgaria and Romania - it's an open and shut case.

Auf Wiedersehen.
(edited 6 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending