The Student Room Group

A level psychology revision help!

Hi,
So I'm revising for the attachment topic of psychology and I just wanted to ask a question because I'm very very confused!

In attachment for example...
In the first topic of caregiver infant interactions one one the main experiments is the one conducted by meltzoff and moore but there are MANY more other ones within this topic and all of the others online, in videos and in other places...

So do I memoriese each individual in that topic ? Do I only memoise the ones in the textbook?
Should I write down the names of all of the key individuals of each topic and create summaries on flashcards of all of them and then seperate them into topics...?

Any advice is appreciated ASAP...
Should I continue watching videos and revising or should I stop and do this flashcard task?

Thanks
Original post by Ariel2611
Hi,
So I'm revising for the attachment topic of psychology and I just wanted to ask a question because I'm very very confused!

In attachment for example...
In the first topic of caregiver infant interactions one one the main experiments is the one conducted by meltzoff and moore but there are MANY more other ones within this topic and all of the others online, in videos and in other places...

So do I memoriese each individual in that topic ? Do I only memoise the ones in the textbook?
Should I write down the names of all of the key individuals of each topic and create summaries on flashcards of all of them and then seperate them into topics...?

Any advice is appreciated ASAP...
Should I continue watching videos and revising or should I stop and do this flashcard task?

Thanks

Does your spec say anything about the studies you need to know?
Hi! For my psychology revision, in terms of studies etc, I make sure I know all of the key ones which are mentioned in the spec and then any others can be used as evaluation points!
So in attachment for example, I make sure I know studies such as Lorenz, Harlow, Schaffer, Ainsworth etc but then any other bits like Heimann who looked into caregiver-infant interactions I just make sure I know in case I need to evaluate something.
Creating flash cards I find is a huge help though! That way you can recall them quickly and you’ll be prepared for many more questions!
Hope that helps!
Original post by DrawTheLine
Does your spec say anything about the studies you need to know?

I don't know...
I am doing AQA A level all through psychology
Right now I am so stressed that I was going to do 5 topics of so called revision for psychology a day in the holidays!
But I was soon bought to my senses and told that's way too much!
I want to remember it in the long run so should ideally focus on one or two topics a day at most!
I am so stressed!
I have missed off so much weeks off college due to a medical reason and now I've missed ALL of the psychology attachment topic!
Stressed !!!!
I don't know...
I am doing AQA A level all through psychology
Right now I am so stressed that I was going to do 5 topics of so called revision for psychology a day in the holidays!
But I was soon bought to my senses and told that's way too much!
I want to remember it in the long run so should ideally focus on one or two topics a day at most!
I am so stressed!
I have missed off so much weeks off college due to a medical reason and now I've missed ALL of the psychology attachment topic!
Stressed !!!!

Breathe! It's all okay. First things first, download or print off your spec. That will have everything you need to know for your exams. You can literally just tick off the things you have revised. It's like a checklist. It is a lifesaver - do it for other subjects too. It made my A-Levels so much easier.
Breathe! It's all okay. First things first, download or print off your spec. That will have everything you need to know for your exams. You can literally just tick off the things you have revised. It's like a checklist. It is a lifesaver - do it for other subjects too. It made my A-Levels so much easier.

Okay I'm breathing (hahaha)
Ill print the spec off for all my subjects...

Thank you so Much for the advice!

How old are you if you don't mind me asking? What A levels did you do? What do you do now?

Thank you for replying and giving me advice!

Thank you for taking out time to help someone as lost and stupid as me (LOL)
Would like to get to know more about your studying... or past studying experience :P
:-)
Thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Okay I'm breathing (hahaha)
Thank you so Much!
How old are you if you don't mind me asking? What A levels did you do? What do you do now? Thank you for replying and giving me advice! Thank you for taking out time to help someone as lost and stupid as me (LOL)
Would like to get to know more about you and your studying... or past studying experience :P
:-)
Thanks

I'm 19 and I studied psychology, biology and geography plus I did an EPQ. I got A*BAA in that order of subjects. I'm now a first year student studying forensic psychology at university.

No problem :smile: this site was a lifesaver for me in A-Levels so I totally get what you're going through. If you ever need any help or advice just send me a message. :smile:
I'm 19 and I studied psychology, biology and geography plus I did an EPQ. I got A*BAA in that order of subjects. I'm now a first year student studying forensic psychology at university.

No problem :smile: this site was a lifesaver for me in A-Levels so I totally get what you're going through. If you ever need any help or advice just send me a message. :smile:

Oh okay and sure thank you! How did you revise for psychology? I want to become a clinical psychologist....
Oh okay and sure thank you! How did you revise for psychology? I want to become a clinical psychologist....

I did practice papers mainly. I made mind maps of all the studies as well as flash cards. I used Quizlet to create quizzes and made my parents test me on them.
I did practice papers mainly. I made mind maps of all the studies as well as flash cards. I used Quizlet to create quizzes and made my parents test me on them.

Oh okay...
I will be making mind maps too of all of the key studies...
I was wondering... do you need to do every key study? Or can i just create mind maps for the key studies in my textbook?
Thanks

That's all? What type of learner are you?
I'm am auditory learner...
I find it difficult to have the motivation to actually sit down and revise... once I'm there it's fine but getting 'there' is the issue :P
Oh okay...
I will be making mind maps too of all of the key studies...
I was wondering... do you need to do every key study? Or can i just create mind maps for the key studies in my textbook?
Thanks

It depends on what your spec requires. I did OCR and they told us what studies we needed to know so I just did the ones on the spec.
It depends on what your spec requires. I did OCR and they told us what studies we needed to know so I just did the ones on the spec.

Ooh okay thank you!
That's all? What type of learner are you?
I'm am auditory learner...
I find it difficult to have the motivation to actually sit down and revise... once I'm there it's fine but getting 'there' is the issue :P

I guess I'm a visual learner. I don't know. And what do you mean that's all? That's a lot of work.
I guess I'm a visual learner. I don't know. And what do you mean that's all? That's a lot of work.

LOL!
Sorry if it came out wrong I meant I have tried a gazillion other things which never seem to work so was just surprised that people actually stuck to one or two specific ways and not a million like me I think I'm going to stick to watching videos, doing exam questions and creating mind maps and flashcards thanks to you!

Thank you! :-)
LOL!
Sorry if it came out wrong I meant I have tried a gazillion other things which never seem to work so was just surprised that people actually stuck to one or two specific ways and not a million like me I think I'm going to stick to watching videos, doing exam questions and creating mind maps and flashcards thanks to you!

Thank you! :-)

It takes a while to figure out what works for you. For me it's exam papers and repetition. Keep trying out different ways and find the one for you.
It takes a while to figure out what works for you. For me it's exam papers and repetition. Keep trying out different ways and find the one for you.

Yeah I think for me I need to continuously repeat myself over and over again to get it into my head.
So sorry if that came out wrong:-)
Thank you :-)

You should be very proud of yourself! You got an excellent grade!!!
Sorry again

Thank you :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending