The Student Room Group

help

I'm struggling to keep to a revision timetable what do I do and how do I motivate myself to work

Scroll to see replies

Think about what job you want when you're older and why you need these GCSEs. Maybe give yourself a massive treat/reward after you finish your last exam. Every week/fortnight, set yourself mini rewards if you complete X amount of hours or if you finish a big assignment or if you are working very hard. You have to remember, GCSEs will be done in a few months
Reply 3
Original post by Joseph.C.
Think about what job you want when you're older and why you need these GCSEs. Maybe give yourself a massive treat/reward after you finish your last exam. Every week/fortnight, set yourself mini rewards if you complete X amount of hours or if you finish a big assignment or if you are working very hard. You have to remember, GCSEs will be done in a few months

Thanks for this do u have any tips for sticking to a revision timetable please
Original post by caymen
Thanks for this do u have any tips for sticking to a revision timetable please

I would recommend doing certain subjects based on how difficult toying them and how much you like them. Write a list of your subjects. At the top of the list you put your favourite subject and at the bottom you put your least favourite subject.
E.g. Favourite to least favourite. (This is just an example I know yours will be different)
Maths1️⃣
Business2️⃣
Biology3️⃣
Geography4️⃣
English language5️⃣
Physics5️⃣
Spanish4️⃣
Computing3️⃣
English literature2️⃣
Chemistry1️⃣
The numbers show the matches I've made. You would revise the subject at the bottom of your list first then revise the subject at the top of your list. You might hate chemistry but love maths. You would revise chemistry for X amount of minutes/hours then once you're done you would "treat" yourself by doing a subject you like. If you have any questions just ask :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Joseph.C.
I would recommend doing certain subjects based on how difficult toying them and how much you like them. Write a list of your subjects. At the top of the list you put your favourite subject and at the bottom you put your least favourite subject.
E.g. Favourite to least favourite. (This is just an example I know yours will be different)
Maths1️⃣
Business2️⃣
Biology3️⃣
Geography4️⃣
English language5️⃣
Physics5️⃣
Spanish4️⃣
Computing3️⃣
English literature2️⃣
Chemistry1️⃣
The numbers show the matches I've made. You would revise the subject at the bottom of your list first then revise the subject at the top of your list. You might hate chemistry but love maths. You would revise chemistry for X amount of minutes/hours then once you're done you would "treat" yourself by doing a subject you like. If you have any questions just ask :smile:

I only have 2 subjects to revise for so how will this work please
Original post by caymen
I'm struggling to keep to a revision timetable what do I do and how do I motivate myself to work

My school gave us all this and I think it works really well. I attached it so you can use it if you want. It's for GCSE but works equally as well for A-Level or whatever
you're studying. Good Luck babe. xx
Reply 8
Original post by Becky_May
My school gave us all this and I think it works really well. I attached it so you can use it if you want. It's for GCSE but works equally as well for A-Level or whatever

Thanks for this so as I have 2 subjects I do 24 hours per each over half term or not
Original post by caymen
Thanks for this so as I have 2 subjects I do 24 hours per each over half term or not

Sounds good. What subjects are they? And do you find them easy or not? You might need to do more revision for one than the other.. xx
Reply 10
Sounds good. What subjects are they? And do you find them easy or not? You might need to do more revision for one than the other.. xx

IT I find easier then English so what do you think
Original post by caymen
IT I find easier then English so what do you think

Personally I think do about 14 hours of English and 10 of I.T but make sure that you split the subjects into small sub-topics and revise each sub-topic once every 2 to
3 weeks so that it really sticks in your head. XXX
Reply 12
Personally I think do about 14 hours of English and 10 of I.T but make sure that you split the subjects into small sub-topics and revise each sub-topic once every 2 to

Ill do this with English but IT is coursework based as it is level 3
Reply 13

You got any other revision tips
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by caymen
Ill do this with English but IT is coursework based as it is level 3

Makes sense. xxx
Original post by caymen
You got any other excision tips

I'm that good at advice? But sure xx on its way babe. xx
Reply 16
I'm that good at advice? But sure xx on its way babe. xx

How would u revise English language
Original post by caymen
You got any other revision tips

1) Stick key words on post its all around your house. I put loads in the fridge and if I want a glass of juice and the definition of IMAP is stuck on the carton then I have to say the def before I'm allowed the juice. And if I don't know it then I gotta go look it up.
2) Do tonnes of practice exam papers. Boring but they work. Loads online if you need them.
3) Talk aloud. People think you're a nutter but it goes in much better if you read your textbooks out loud.
4) Brain Dump. So what you do is choose a topic and write down everything you remember about it. Then change colour pen and use textbooks and the internet to write down everything you remember. A week or so later do it again and compare how much of the first colour pen you have on the page compared to the first time
you did it. Should be less.
Hopefully helps. Let me know if you need more ideas babe xxx
Original post by caymen
How would u revise English language

You doing A-level? xx
Reply 19
You doing A-level? xx

Have u got any more ideas and do u have any GCSE English language past papers or resources u could share please.

I'm doing GCSE English and level 3 IT
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending