The Student Room Group

Endcliffe - best block?

Trying to choose accommodation for sheffield uni, want to be at Endcliffe but have no idea which block to choose, let alone floor and room. want to be in one thats lively but not so loud i won't be able to sleep - I'm thinking froggatt or yarncliffe?
Original post by eviebuller
Trying to choose accommodation for sheffield uni, want to be at Endcliffe but have no idea which block to choose, let alone floor and room. want to be in one thats lively but not so loud i won't be able to sleep - I'm thinking froggatt or yarncliffe?

Sh*t do they let you pick block, floor and room now?

Original post by showaeski

They allocated it when I went!

I cannot remember where they all were, but I think they are both quite central, aren't they? Doubt there's much of a difference, but if you can, try and find a map of the blocks.

I was in Burbage and it was a nightmare. Right at the front of the field/entrance to Endcliffe so never got a silent moment. Insomnia was good too.
Derwent, Froggatt, Yarncliffe are probably your best bets.
Yeah Burbage and Howden can be pretty noisy because they're near the Edge and the taxi ranks.
I would also avoid picking a flat on the bottom floor, so much noise and very little privacy.
(edited 6 years ago)
Yeah Burbage and Howden can be pretty noisy because they're near the Edge and the taxi ranks.
I would also avoid picking a flat on the bottom floor, so much noise and very little privacy.

100% agree. AVOID BURBAGE
Reply 5

yep, so stressful, theres so much choice
Reply 6

derwent looks as big as howden, is it quieter cause its not near the edge? i'm just worried that yarncliffe/frogatt will be tiny and quiet ughhhhfhdsuicdis
derwent looks as big as howden, is it quieter cause its not near the edge? i'm just worried that yarncliffe/frogatt will be tiny and quiet ughhhhfhdsuicdis

Yeah Derwent is quieter because it's on the other end. It faces the shop but it isn't as noisy as the other end of Endcliffe where people get taxis.
Yarncliffe and Froggatt aren't tiny at all, they're pretty big and lively blocks.
Reply 8
Yeah Derwent is quieter because it's on the other end. It faces the shop but it isn't as noisy as the other end of Endcliffe where people get taxis.
Yarncliffe and Froggatt aren't tiny at all, they're pretty big and lively blocks.

okay thanks, i'm only judging off the map on the website because i cant remember what they looked like from when i looked round. think its between derwent and froggatt now :smile:
Reply 9
Burbage first floor or froggart ground floor?
Original post by hraaami
Burbage first floor or froggart ground floor?

I would avoid ground floor flats because there is a lot more noise and also less privacy. First floor is alright but still a lot of noise. Best bet would be floor 2 and above.
I'd say there'd be more noise in Burbage first floor than Froggatt ground floor but I still wouldn't recommend either.
Froggatt 3rd floor is decent.
I would avoid ground floor flats because there is a lot more noise and also less privacy. First floor is alright but still a lot of noise. Best bet would be floor 2 and above.
I'd say there'd be more noise in Burbage first floor than Froggatt ground floor but I still wouldn't recommend either.
Froggatt 3rd floor is decent.

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I’ve applied for single sex flats so I don’t have much choice.
Original post by hraaami
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I’ve applied for single sex flats so I don’t have much choice.

Oh right, I'd probably go for Froggatt then. If you're on ground floor you'll get a chance to meet other people from flats quite easily. Definitely bump into a lot of people coming in and out of accommodation.
Oh right, I'd probably go for Froggatt then. If you're on ground floor you'll get a chance to meet other people from flats quite easily. Definitely bump into a lot of people coming in and out of accommodation.

Yh I’ve gone for froggart. Really appreciate your help, what is froggart like generally? Is it quite social and noisy?
Original post by hraaami
Yh I’ve gone for froggart. Really appreciate your help, what is froggart like generally? Is it quite social and noisy?

Yeah well to be honest most of the big blocks in Endcliffe are social and noisy. Froggatt is nice though, it’s close to a lot of the main blocks as well as the shop and The Edge (for laundry and the bar). But it’s main perk is it’s right by this massive pond where you can hang out in summer or chill at night. I’m sure you’ll have a great time.
Yeah well to be honest most of the big blocks in Endcliffe are social and noisy. Froggatt is nice though, it’s close to a lot of the main blocks as well as the shop and The Edge (for laundry and the bar). But it’s main perk is it’s right by this massive pond where you can hang out in summer or chill at night. I’m sure you’ll have a great time.

Sounds mad, one last question is D2 first floor or ground floor. I thought D2 would be ground however it says when I chose the room D2 ground floor
Original post by hraaami
Sounds mad, one last question is D2 first floor or ground floor. I thought D2 would be ground however it says when I chose the room D2 ground floor

Ahh I'm sorry I can't really remember. I spent most of my time in the G block. But if I remember correctly, some of the blocks had quite strange numbering systems especially if they were on a hill. So in some cases the ground floor would be something like D2. Was quite confusing.
So yes most of the time D2 would correspond to block D, first floor. But in some cases it can mean ground floor.
Ahh I'm sorry I can't really remember. I spent most of my time in the G block. But if I remember correctly, some of the blocks had quite strange numbering systems especially if they were on a hill. So in some cases the ground floor would be something like D2. Was quite confusing.
So yes most of the time D2 would correspond to block D, first floor. But in some cases it can mean ground floor.

Thanks for all your help mate, really appreciate it. Hopefully I’ll see you next year

Quick Reply

Latest