The Student Room Group

Dissertation Survey on Ethical clothing market

Hello,

Can any fellow students aged 18-15 that are based in the UK help me with my dissertation survey in the link below? Wont take long :smile: It is regarding the ethical clothing market and can help make clothing retailers in the UK change their strategies and possibly stock clothing that doesn't exploit people in third world countries.

http://bit.ly/ethicsquestionnaire
Reply 1
Original post by ShihabUddin
Hello,

Can any fellow students aged 18-15 that are based in the UK help me with my dissertation survey in the link below? Wont take long :smile: It is regarding the ethical clothing market and can help make clothing retailers in the UK change their strategies and possibly stock clothing that doesn't exploit people in third world countries.

http://bit.ly/ethicsquestionnaire

done :smile: could you do mine please

https://demo-account.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/social-media-self-presentation-and-identity-development-s
Reply 2
I haven't read the survey as I don't fall within your age range. I'd just observe that your accompanying statement might be an overclaim, and I'd tone it down to retain credibility. E.g. On evaluating awareness of/interest in this issue etc., rather than 'possibly achieving change in global supply chain practices.'
Reply 4
Are you quoting me on saying "possibly achieving change in global supply chain practices".? Because I did not say that quote. Is it my introduction of the research that is an overclaim, or a particular conext of a question that I am asking? Please let me know so I can improve on my. research. Much appreciate your feedback.

Original post by DrSocSciences
I haven't read the survey as I don't fall within your age range. I'd just observe that your accompanying statement might be an overclaim, and I'd tone it down to retain credibility. E.g. On evaluating awareness of/interest in this issue etc., rather than 'possibly achieving change in global supply chain practices.'
Reply 5
Or is it my title that may be an overclaim :"An Evaluation of Potential Strategies for UK Retailers" ??

Are you quoting me on saying "possibly achieving change in global supply chain practices".? Because I did not say that quote. Is it my introduction of the research that is an overclaim, or a particular conext of a question that I am asking? Please let me know so I can improve on my. research. Much appreciate your feedback.

I've only read your initial post, and haven't opened the survey. However, it's this specific claim/desired objective that I think is problematic:
"can help make clothing retailers in the UK change their strategies and possibly stock clothing that doesn't exploit people in third world countries"
Reply 7
I understand the wording may be a little over the top on this thread, but my actual research, once completed has an audience of young people interested in ethics as they are the future policy makers and UK clothing retailers who may want to read my findings so help build better stretegies and better inform them if they would like to enter the ethical clothing market; this market focuses on clothing which is environmetally friedly and socially friendly to people working in factories in third world countries.

Original post by DrSocSciences
I've only read your initial post, and haven't opened the survey. However, it's this specific claim/desired objective that I think is problematic:
"can help make clothing retailers in the UK change their strategies and possibly stock clothing that doesn't exploit people in third world countries"
I understand the wording may be a little over the top on this thread, but my actual research, once completed has an audience of young people interested in ethics as they are the future policy makers and UK clothing retailers who may want to read my findings so help build better stretegies and better inform them if they would like to enter the ethical clothing market; this market focuses on clothing which is environmetally friedly and socially friendly to people working in factories in third world countries.

The legitimacy of your intention doesn't justify your overclaim.

Quick Reply

Latest